Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 267 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 6655

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched this recently and really enjoyed it. Thought the ending was OK.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I saw it and I liked it. It wasn't such a big moving movie but I could enjoy it. I wish I could read the book.
    While it was little short, the book is still much better than this movie. Why can't you read the book?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I will check it in the English bookstore but it's possible they don't have it so I need to order it.

Roland would have understood.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I just saw Red Belt. Had a lot of depth for a martial arts movie which was refreshing. Four beers on Jerome's system.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Saw it last night. Loved it. The scenes where he was learning to fly, especially his first try were priceless. You almost felt sorry for the poor robot arm on fire duty. All the actors did a great job.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, I can't wait to see "Red Belt". I love Mamet. Heading to see "Speed Racer" on Monday (work is delaying me from seeing it this weekend). I loved "Iron Man"....

Hint on Iron Man Fans -
    Spoiler:
    Stay through the crawl. Please.
    Last edited by turtlex; 05-11-2008 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Forgot to use the spoiler code.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

I saw the previews for another Incredible Hulk movie. This isn't a sequel to the last one, is it? Do they think if they keep making this movie one of them will hit?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No and yes.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Just saw Mother again.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah, I'm still confused as to why they're making another Incredible Hulk film seeing as the first one didn't too well, and didn't that one only come out a couple of years ago.

My Mood
    Gay

The fact that the first remake (by Ang Lee) did NOT do well is part of the reason for the remake. Marvel has more control over this version and there's a tie-in to the Avengers movie just announced. This one is supposed to be more "true" to the adventure and story of the Hulk. I'm looking forward to it.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    The fact that the first remake (by Ang Lee) did NOT do well is part of the reason for the remake. Marvel has more control over this version and there's a tie-in to the Avengers movie just announced. This one is supposed to be more "true" to the adventure and story of the Hulk. I'm looking forward to it.
    The original teaser looked terrible, but the trailer I saw before Ironman the other night had some redemptive qualities. We'll see.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed with everything Jimmy typed up there - the comic relief parts were (gasp!) actually funny, the action scenes were well paced, and the suit itself is just a wander to behold on screen. Downey was impeccable as Tony Stark, and I can't wait for the sequel.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The end was the best. I couldn't stop laughing.

My Mood
    Gay

Yea, I'm holdling my breath on the new Hulk... of course, like a ComicBook-Movie-Lemming, I'm going no matter what.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

1 more month til The Dark Knight!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent movie! I agree wholeheartedly with Jimmy and Rejso's reviews.

And Letti...the ending when he started reading from the card and then basicially was like...screw it.."I'm am Iron Man". I laughed my butt off.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    And Letti...the ending when he started reading from the card and then basicially was like...screw it.."I'm am Iron Man". I laughed my butt off.
    Same here. It was a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

And kudos to who ever made the decision to hold off on using the Black Sabbath song until just that moment. It was perfect.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i'm sitting here in my ACT class watching it right now. we're in a computer lab.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Default WANTED ......the movie.

OK, I just saw this trailer and that looks BADASS!!!!!

Jimmy, Feev, you gots to watch this! It looks like another equilibrium type movie, and I bet it ends in the Dinky Earshaw way, if you catch my drift.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uMlNKozweg&feature=related"]YouTube - Angelina Jolie is 'Wanted' Brand New Trailer[/ame]

or

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4pWuFv48Zk"]YouTube - Official Theatrical 'Wanted' Movie Trailer[/ame]
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

It does look good. I am a little disappointed they didn't use the costumes such as the comics. I'm not huge on costumes, but the ones in Wanted where bad ass.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been following the trailers for this movie for a while, but it doesn't hold my interest much. The graphic novel doesn't appeal to me either...well, the first few pages anyway.

Maybe I'll check it out anyway though.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i didn't even KNOW it was based on a comic.

I just said Jimmy and Feev because I figure if it looks good to me it'll look good for you.

We'll see when it comes out, this is one movie I'm definitely going to the drive in to watch....
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw this trailer months ago in Cinema's. I'm very sorry I did. As soon as I saw that bullet not go straight I lost all interest. And I despise Angelina Jolie so I'm skipping this one. Isn't Morgan Freeman in this? For Shame Morgan, for shame.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 267 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast