Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 239 of 266 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 6642

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be starting the Oscar thread tomorrow!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I wrote something about going into films blind if anyone would like to read it.

https://matthewblivingston.wixsite.c...to-films-blind
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a Midsommar digital code looking for a good home. First person to ask for it in this thread, gets it. NOTE: I would prefer it goes to someone who is dying to see it and knows what they are getting themselves into. Midsommar is not for everyone.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's amazing how hard it is to give away free shit.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My 5 Favorite Films of 2019 So Far

5. Parasite
    4. Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
    3. Avengers: Endgame
    2. The Lighthouse
    1. Midsommar

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    My 5 Favorite Films of 2019 So Far

5. Parasite
    4. Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
    3. Avengers: Endgame
    2. The Lighthouse
    1. Midsommar
    Lighthouse and Once Upon I need to see. But Parasite was a no for me and I turned it off. John Wick, Spider-Man I loved a lot this year and would be on my top 5. Mine are in no real order:
    1) Joker
    2) Wick 3
    3) Endgame
    4) Spider-Man
    5). US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Lighthouse and Once Upon I need to see. But Parasite was a no for me and I turned it off. John Wick, Spider-Man I loved a lot this year and would be on my top 5. Mine are in no real order:
    1) Joker
    2) Wick 3
    3) Endgame
    4) Spider-Man
    5). US

I know The Lighthouse was filmed near you and therefore provides you with a unique interest in the film, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that film is not your cup of tea.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

1) Joker
    2) Wick 3
    3) Endgame
    4) Spider-Man
    5). US

I know The Lighthouse was filmed near you and therefore provides you with a unique interest in the film, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that film is not your cup of tea.
    You are probably correct. However it does peak my interest for that reason and I did like the trailer. I’m hoping I like it haha

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/6/2...n-finding-jack
    James Dean is making his return to the big screen more than 60 years after dying in a car crash, thanks to two VFX companies.

Finding Jack is a movie set within the Vietnam-era that is “based on the existence and abandonment of more than 10,000 military dogs at the end of the Vietnam War,” according to The Hollywood Reporter. Dean isn’t the leading role, but his performance as “Rogan” is “considered a secondary lead role,” according to the Reporter. Finding Jack marks the first movie that Dean will star in since Giant in 1956, just one year after his iconic role as Jim Stark in Rebel Without a Cause.

Magic City Films, the company producing the movie, obtained the rights to Dean’s image from his family. The goal is to re-create “a realistic version of James Dean,” the film’s directors told the Reporter. To do so, they’re working with Canadian VFX studio Imagine Engine and South African VFX company MOI Worldwide. Dean’s body will be fully re-created using CGI technology, and another actor will voice his lines.

“We searched high and low for the perfect character to portray the role of Rogan, which has some extreme complex character arcs, and after months of research, we decided on James Dean,” co-director Anton Ernst told the Reporter.

It’s unclear exactly what any of that means, especially since there are thousands upon thousands of living actors who are probably capable of performing the role. Acquiring the rights to actors’ looks and using them for CGI re-creation purposes isn’t totally new — just look at Furious 7 or Rogue One: A Star Wars Story — but it is a conversation Hollywood is taking more seriously than ever. Vox critic Alissa Wilkinson touched upon the problem this faces in her review of Gemini Man, Ang Lee’s action movie that stars Will Smith and a younger version of Will Smith who plays his clone. Wilkinson wrote:

So just imagine the options if you could perfectly recreate any actor — and the potential savings (and earning potential) for a movie studio that owns the rights to, say, the perfect replica of Keanu Reeves or Angelina Jolie or Will Smith, all while sharing licensing with the actor’s estate. You might doubt it will ever be done; I would put money on it happening in the next decade, unless somehow the industry unions intervene. It’s already happened before, with actors like the late Peter Cushing recreated for Rogue One. And if you can recreate actors, you can create them, too, replacing the need to hire people to play all of those parts where nobody knows the actor’s name anyhow.

Was James Dean really the only actor who could play this role? Doubtful. Whether it’s a marketing stunt that will draw attention to the movie or the future of cinema, it’s representative of a world we may soon be living in.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's a potentially fascinating opportunity for Hollywood, but at the end of the day, I don't see how it's financially viable. The cost for the CGI will be 3 times what it would be to hire a living actor. I see it as a gimmick and that's not what James Dean or any deceased Hollywood icon should become.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Hmmm, I'm not sure I like this.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Hmmm, I'm not sure I like this.
    You're the first person I thought of when I read this. I didn't think you'd be too keen on this.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah, it's weird. It's not really him. They're not using his voice. What if the role is super cheesy... It's an odd choice to cast a dead actor in a role. What if it's nothing they would have chosen themselves?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorite horror movies of this decade is The Woman (2011) and now Amazon Prime is streaming the sequel Darlin': https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S5SMC44/ I have been highly anticipating it since the trailer and I can't wait to finally watch it!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got a kick out of this when I heard it on the radio yesterday:

Song starts at 4:36
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I saw Glass last night. I liked it. The end was a bit messy but the rest of it was really solid. Great performances and I liked the premise.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I saw Glass last night. I liked it. The end was a bit messy but the rest of it was really solid. Great performances and I liked the premise.

HBJ
    Talk about a polarizing director! Love M. Night. Everyone loved Sixth Sense and after that . . . Love em or Hate em. I'm all in. The Happening and Last Air Bender are tough to make a case for. The rest. . . I am all in. He is not the writer but his series The Servant has been interesting so far, Peter.

looking for: The Road #208, Hill House #'ed, RB Gift,
    Dead Zone 1st/1st
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I haven’t seen most of M. night’s recent work. I saw some of his early stuff but then nothing until Split two years ago - and I went into that spoiler free, although I’d heard vague positive things. Was looking forward to Glass although I’d heard reviews were mixed. Was very pleasantly surprised.

He’s clearly a good director, and when he keeps things from getting too convoluted or pretentious, he can craft a fine movie. Glass was entertaining, but you could also see the deft hand of an experienced director.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

New Stranger Things. . . I mean Ghostbusters Trailer is out.

Dead Zone 1st/1st
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

Yeah, I like it. And yes, the Stranger Things influence is obvious.

I will say, The Ghostbusters: Afterlife trailer would probably work a whole lot better if you saw it in the theater, without knowing what the movie was. It is set up to be one kind of movie in the first 30 seconds, and then gradually revealed to be the Ghostbusters trailer by the end. It’s pretty well done, actually. They are also clearly trying to distance themselves from Ghostbusters 2016 as much as they can, both in premise and in tone.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I like it. And yes, the Stranger Things influence is obvious.

I will say, The Ghostbusters: Afterlife trailer would probably work a whole lot better if you saw it in the theater, without knowing what the movie was. It is set up to be one kind of movie in the first 30 seconds, and then gradually revealed to be the Ghostbusters trailer by the end. It’s pretty well done, actually. They are also clearly trying to distance themselves from Ghostbusters 2016 as much as they can, both in premise and in tone.

HBJ
    Nice breakdown as usual. I will try to soak in some of your optimism. Aww. . . Let it in.

Modern Hollywood has tried their best to tarnish Conan, Total Recall, Red Dawn, Robocop, Predator, Terminator and Ghostbusters from the 80s. So fingers crossed and I truely do hope for the best.

Dead Zone 1st/1st
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

Well, we can never have Ghostbusters 3. That time is past. So the way I figure it, we can either have nothing, a remake, or a continuation that takes the basic premise and tries to do something new with it.

I see absolutely no reason to remake Ghostbusters '84. Why bother - the original is lightning in a bottle. But Afterlife looks like is might be doing something new with the idea, and I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt for trying. I could enjoy a movie or two that doesn't try to recreate the original.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Well, we can never have Ghostbusters 3. That time is past. So the way I figure it, we can either have nothing, a remake, or a continuation that takes the basic premise and tries to do something new with it.

I see absolutely no reason to remake Ghostbusters '84. Why bother - the original is lightning in a bottle. But Afterlife looks like is might be doing something new with the idea, and I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt for trying. I could enjoy a movie or two that doesn't try to recreate the original.

HBJ
    Great points. Considering track record so far? I would cast a big vote for "nothing".

How many great sequels or remakes would we have missed?
    Bladerunner 2049 and Fury Road would be sorely missed. Episode 7 and 8. Ridley Scott Alien sequels.

I'm excited for this one since Reitman is directing it.

PLUS completely original ideas would be cool. Like maybe a movie about a lion cub King, , or a boy/spider that fights crime. . . Oh wait!

With the energy and money spent on those maybe we would have had a brand new lightning in a bottle like Ghostbusters and Robocop, Predator, ect. We will never know.

Dead Zone 1st/1st
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

+ Reply to Thread
Page 239 of 266 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 ... LastLast