Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 267 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It was a pretty decent movie. Having not read a single graphic novel in my life I can't really say if it's a good adaptation or not. Albeit a few of it's faults it was an all around decent movie. I give it a 7 out of 10 for a horror movie. It wasn't no neo vampire crap like what we've dealt with for ten years; no clubbin vampires and no guns with silver in them. Besides it feeling a bit rushed I enjoyed it. Josh Harnett isn't to bad, he's proven himself to be a decent actor and that he can make good movies. Don't confuse that for he can make a movie good.

Traveler _Sphynx_ is on a distinguished road _Sphynx_'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The sum of my thoughts on this movie is thus:

Eskimo Vampires.

Though, it really is a pretty good movie. Not something I'd go out and buy, but I wasn't too dissapointed. I know this will wound odd, but it came off as very realistic.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

IT'S OFFICIAL! CHRISTIAN BALE TO APPEAR IN THE LATEST TERMINATOR MOVIE!!

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2007/...tian-bale.html

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

All I really want to know is if this is a boring movie or not. Tha's all. No more spoilers. I just want to know if it's worth giong to see.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Can you expand on that a bit more herbert? I'm in two minds about whether to watch it myself.

sorry, just saw your message..
    well, in fact the movie was really long to "start", and just : boring, cannot really say anything else. Not exciting, not surprising...
    The both of us were absolutely bored in front of this movie...

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just saw The Mist. I must say I was fairly entertained. To me, as well as many other fans from this site, the highlight of the movie was the opening where

*SPOILER I GUESS***

he's painting a gunslinger looking man with a tower in the background and a rose in the foreground.

I don't know about my fellow Tower Junkies here, but I got fuckin goosebumps when i saw that.

Anyway, the most shocking ending I've seen in a while. Kudos for not making it hollywood.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Oh, shit!

I just put in the dvd of the movie Skinwalkers and at the front of it was an advertisement that said that The Monster Squad is on dvd now.

I loooooved that movie as a kid.

Wolfman's got nards!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu6L9pG_E6o[/ame]
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Monster Squad was the first movie I ever saw in an empty theatre. I was sixteen and visiting here in Savannah (I still lived in Athens at the time) I didn't know a soul here and I was bored. And I loved it. At first it felt funny laughing uncontrollably in an empty cinema but I got over that pretty quickly.
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I just put in the dvd of the movie Skinwalkers ...
    Skinwalkers is that Werewolf movie, right? How is it?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

It was pretty good, not amazing or anything, but entertaining. It is worth a rental.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It was pretty good, not amazing or anything, but entertaining. It is worth a rental.
    And rent it I shall!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to go see The Golden Compass tonight.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Watch out for your Godliness Erin!!

^news about the movie being anti God joke

IT'S OFFICIAL! CHRISTIAN BALE TO APPEAR IN THE LATEST TERMINATOR MOVIE!!

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2007/...tian-bale.html
    I like this one a lot--he is going to totally look like that little flash they had in T2 of John Conner. Horrific scar on his face and shit.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I'm going to go see The Golden Compass tonight.
    Don't do it, they've fucked it up!
    grr

Ian Mckellan was wrong for Iorek. Overacted..
    "I am an armored BEAR"
    "I need my armor to go to WAR"

The ending was bullshit, storytelling was choppy, no charactor buildup.. "oh hi you're this guy and I'm this girl, lets get on a boat"
    fuck the whole thing
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Assume for a minute that you haven't read the books, would you still have the same opinion or would it still be worth viewing? I haven't read the books and I'm trying to decide if it's a movie worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by CPU View Post
    Assume for a minute that you haven't read the books, would you still have the same opinion or would it still be worth viewing? I haven't read the books and I'm trying to decide if it's a movie worth watching.
    I'd say wait to rent it. I think if you haven't read the books you'll end up being kind of lost, they don't do a good job explaining whats going on.
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So saw the Golden Compass last night. I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it was great, but it was def. worth the price of a ticket. All that being said, I have not read the books yet, so of course, i'm sure there are some awesome scenes left out or changed, like in all book to movie adaptions, so that may affect my views of things.

The little girl playing Lyra was probably the best part. The actress had amazing sel-confidence and I was impressed with the strenght she demonstrated on screen, especially for a 10 or so year old.

The talking animals, or daemons(am i spelling this right?), were awesome. I loved seeing who each character's daemon was (it is their soul walking outside of their body, so if the daemon gets hurt, so does the human, or vice versa). I thought it was super cool that Lyra's daemon usually chose to be in the form of a ferret.

As for the big religious fiasco surrounding everything, you can see the anti-organized religion sentiments coming out from time to time espeically in things that the characters say discussing the ruling body (which appears to be some type of church). Like at one point, Nichole Kidman's character is asked why this organization exists. She says something along the lines of "It's there because while there are people who can think for themselves, some people need to be told what to do and how to live their lives" and so forth. But it's really not over the top and it's stuff a kid would never notice or pick up on the word play. I think all the controversy around it is pretty over-blown.

Anyways, it was a good movie and I can't wait for the second film!

Oh, a funny side note....When the movie ended, it had a cliffhanger obviously. A bunch of people in the theatre started grumbling and saying stuff like "What?" and "That's it?" when some guy stood up and yelled "Don't you people ever read? It's part of a trilogy!"

Oh and like Ronnie just said, it was a bit hard for me, someone who hasn't read the books yet, to follow what was going on in the beginning. I finally figured it out, but it did move a little quick at first.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Hard Candy is one of the best American dramas I've seen in years.

I love that movie.

Some people don't pick up on certain cues though, e.g. I had to explain to someone on another board that during that
    Spoiler:
    "castration" scene his gonads weren't really surgically removed in the plot.
    Last edited by ZoNeSeeK; 12-09-2007 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    The little girl playing Lyra was probably the best part. The actress had amazing sel-confidence and I was impressed with the strenght she demonstrated on screen, especially for a 10 or so year old.

Oh, a funny side note....When the movie ended, it had a cliffhanger obviously. A bunch of people in the theatre started grumbling and saying stuff like "What?" and "That's it?" when some guy stood up and yelled "Don't you people ever read? It's part of a trilogy!"

That guy that stood up and shouted could possibly be a moron, or not depending on why the people were mad. They should not have ended the story there, they should have ended it at the logical stopping point. Where the book ends (running time be damned). I did my fair share of grumbling at the end.
    I will agree that the choice for Lyra was fantastic but her daemon is not usually a ferret, it's a martin for most of the movie. :-p

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Was the compass kept safe? Someone tell me the because the suspense is killing me

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post

I love that movie.

Some people don't pick up on certain cues though, e.g. I had to explain to someone on another board that
    Spoiler:
    during that "castration" scene his gonads weren't really surgically removed in the plot.

You had to explain that to somebody?

Wow, I'm always amazed how people miss huge plot twists that are clearly obvious like that.

He takes a huge black paper clip from his nether region and holds it up. Fairly clear to me and most I'm sure. My Mom is notorious for missing stuff like that.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post

I love that movie.

Some people don't pick up on certain cues though, e.g. I had to explain to someone on another board that
    Spoiler:
    during that "castration" scene his gonads weren't really surgically removed in the plot.

You had to explain that to somebody?

Wow, I'm always amazed how people miss huge plot twists that are clearly obvious like that.

He takes a huge black paper clip from his nether region and holds it up. Fairly clear to me and most I'm sure. My Mom is notorious for missing stuff like that.
    Plus, I'm pretty sure that it would be nearly impossible to
    Spoiler:
    stand up-let alone run after the person who performed the procedure-seconds after you've had your testicles removed.
    Last edited by ZoNeSeeK; 12-09-2007 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Spoiler

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guys, i've added spoiler tags to your posts as for a movie like Hard Candy the psychological suspense is crucial and knowing this info beforehand would take something away from watching it. Please mark these for any in the future (as per the thread title).

Thanks
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

**please mark spoilers**
    D'oh!

I knew there was a reason people read those things beforehand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 267 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast