Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 267 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Soo .. in all this "jabber", what were they saying? im thinking it could have been central to the, you know, story
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Watch the movie.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

OH MY GOD IT's RUSSEL CROWE! SO YA WANN FIGHT DO YA!! COME 'ERE YOU!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

28 Weeks Later comes out on DVD October 9th.

<- Excited

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait!!

Same with the Simpsons movie
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

I personally can't fucking wait for Death Proof
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked Planet Terror better, but Death Proof was aight.

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I loved them both...
    *wishes Thanksgiving was real*
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by towerguard View Post
    I loved them both...
    *wishes Thanksgiving was real*
    Hell yeah, that movie looked dope - "This Thanksgiving , you'll come home...in a bodybag". I know the Machete movie is official already, but I think we'll have to wait a while to see that one.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

28 Weeks Later comes out on DVD October 9th.

<- Excited
    Me too. Great movie.

Death Proof was nothing but a steaming turd, on film for 90 mins. They make the TV trailer look action packed. If you haven't seen it do not be fooled by the trailer. There is, in fact, hardly any action at all. Prepare for chicks talking about nothing important for 70 mins. The worst is the second group of girls where Tarantino pathetically tries to recapture the table scene in Reservoir Dogs where four girls literally talk about NOTHING for 20 mins.

Tarantino took his banter to a head exploding level. I give the movie 3/10. More Kurt Russell was seriously needed.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Tarantino has become so obsessed with his witty dialogue that he's ended up overdoing it lately.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Death Proof was anything but witty dialogue. Just shitty dialogue. What killed it for me was I was expecting an over the top pair of movies. The point of a homage film is to outdo what you're making homage to. Planet Terror was a movie that didn't take itself seriously in the slightest. It entertaining and enjoyable movie. It reminded me a lot of those old movies just modernized and very over the top. Death Proof had none of these things. A great character like Stuntman Mike was wasted. Instead of Kurt Russell we attractive, yet coma-inducing females who talk their faces off. The first half of the movie was alright, I was willing to let some by-gones be by-gones if the second half was outrageous. I didn't even think the car chase at the end was good at all. Mostly bumper bumping, a few spinouts leading up to a funny, yet disappointing ending. Well, I was happy it was over though but wished I walked out after Planet Terror.

Watching season one of Dexter now. Never got a chance to watch them all on TV but I read the first book a while ago and anticipating reading the second and third.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Robert Downey Jr. is Iron Man

Not sure how I feel about that.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I had my doubts about Downey Jr. also, but I saw the previews the other day and it looks like he won't do too bad a job. I remember before Batman Begins was released many critics had their doubts about Bale playing Batman, and looked how that turned out. I guess we'll have to wait and find out. It's releasing in May '08 right?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, he may be able to do ole alky Tony Stark pretty well.

The previews look great.

I'm still not high on Bale as Batman, too pouty

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The only thing that I didn't like about Bale's portrayal of Batman was his voice. I think that in his attempt to sound dark and brutal, he ended up with something that slightly resembles a grunt

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm tired of all these comic book movies. X-Men/X-2 and Spiderman/Spiderman 2 as well as Batman Begins are the only good comic book movies. Punisher was average, I'll add that. Daredevil, The Hulk, Elektra, Fantastic Four/2, Ghost Rider etc were all bad. Sad part is many comic book fans don't even care if it is a bad movie or not, they still like it.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I pretty much agree across the board. I haven't seen the other FF movie but the rest, you are speaking my language.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

we rented fun with dick and jane from the redbox this weekend. i nearly peed myself laughing...that could have been the rum, though.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

The only comic to film movie I am looking forward to is Alan Moore's The Watchmen. If you have not read Watchmen, it is a MUST for literary comic lovers.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Watchmen is compulsive reading for any graphic novel fan, as is V for Vendetta and The Sandman series...but I share Alan Moore's opinion that they should not be made into films.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Skolpadda View Post
    literary comic
    Oh, oxymoron time.

The problem with comics being made into films is that they are two different worlds. In the comic world people are bigger and more obscene looking, defies laws of physics. Comics are based in a medium where anything is possible and it's fans realize this. Films, on the other hand, have evolved into a realistic medium in which much of the audiences enjoys films bound in reality. Even comic book movies have to be changed to suit the medium and I think that is what kills many comic book movies. I think that's why Sin City and 300 worked so well is because while it's over-the-top at times and breaks rules it's still firmly planted in what many people are comfortable with. It does show on film though (some of the characters in 300 look far to grotesque and unproportioned to be real).

Thing is that they will keep making movies on them because of how lucrative they are. Please, please, PLEASE only make movies based on good ones.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Mattrick;37918]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skolpadda View Post
    literary comic
    [/I think that's why Sin City and 300 worked so well is because while it's over-the-top at times...QUOTE]

Actually, all of the over the top characters in 300 (except for Ephialtes) were made specifically for the film by Snyder, none of those huge grotesque characters were part of Miller's comic book version.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*edit*

What the hell? I was trying to quote that part in Mattricks post about 300's over the top characters.

Stupid......me.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

you deleted one of the brackets. you need to add a [/ before the last quote...that will fix it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 267 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast