Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 267 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 219 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 6655

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I saw Zombieland on Friday night. Not as good as I wanted it to be, but overall pretty decent. The only reason I saw it in the theater instead of waiting for bluray is because of Woody Harrelson. I find him incredibly hot.

To save anyone some money that might be planning on seeing it in the theater:

the majority of the funny parts are already in the trailer, except for one totally worth it celebrity cameo.

oh, and i'm really looking forward to seeing where the wild things are in a couple of weeks. Paris and I are all geared up to see it together. I read that book to her over and over and over (and over) again when she was a little lass, and it's part of her childhood now as much as it was part of mine. I can't wait to see the movie, which better live up to my expectations, otherwise I will find Spike Jonze and beat him with ... my fists.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh man, now I'm kinda disappointed. I was planning on going to go see Zombieland sometime soon. I hate when they put all the good stuff in the trailers. Hopefully I'll enjoy it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Oh man, now I'm kinda disappointed. I was planning on going to go see Zombieland sometime soon. I hate when they put all the good stuff in the trailers. Hopefully I'll enjoy it.
    There were still some good parts that weren't in the trailers, just the funniest parts were already in there. But the celebrity cameo is so totally worth it - I promise.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    There were still some good parts that weren't in the trailers, just the funniest parts were already in there. But the celebrity cameo is so totally worth it - I promise.
    Now I'm really curious who it is (but don't tell me!)
    I'll let you know what I think when I see it.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I found this in storage with a bunch of my Nana's old things. It's kind of hard to tell from the picture, but it's made out of wood and is kind of like a shutter-type of deal. I love Bette Davis, but had actually never heard of this movie before. I thought it was really cool, I think a few people here will too:

I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Really? All of the reviews I've read thus far seemed to indicate otherwise. I'm planning on seeing it sometime this week, so we'll see.

Also, I kinda had the cameo thing ruined for me, but I'm still anxious as hell to see how that plays out

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    I wasn't sure where to post this, but I found this in storage with a bunch of my Nana's old things. It's kind of hard to tell from the picture, but it's made out of wood and is kind of like a shutter-type of deal. I love Bette Davis, but had actually never heard of this movie before. I thought it was really cool, I think a few people here will too:

i think you knew i'd be one of those people, and you're right.

that is awesome.

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I watched Superbad, Knocked up and Pineapple Express while I was ill this weak. I love Seth Rogen.
    i finally saw pineapple express recently.

honestly? i thought it was a piece of crap.

there was some funniness in the early parts but mostly, it was just stupid, and not the good kind of "stupid funny" stupid, just stupid. it was also a lot more dramatic and violent than i expected for a stoner comedy. finally, i was never able to buy gary cole and rosie perez as badasses. i'd like my two hours back.
    It was ridiculous, hence why i liked it, but i see where you're coming from. Never seen Gary Cole or Rosie Perez in other movies that i can think of though, so can't tell you what i think to how badass they are.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post

I love that! I hope you have it hanging on your wall now. I haven't heard of that film before either, but I might have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Never seen Gary Cole or Rosie Perez in other movies that i can think of though, so can't tell you what i think to how badass they are.
    you never saw office space? rectify that at once!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Um, yeah, I'm going to need you to come in on Saturday.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

omg, drake says that all the time and it never fails to crack me up.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love your child.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

in some twisted redneck universe, i could be your mom.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn.
    Wait, what?

My Mood
    Worried

I would probably dissolve into laughter if he walked up to me and said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Damn.
    Wait, what?
    i don't know.

i was thinking that there really isn't all that much of an age difference between you and drake. the same age difference as between drake and dorian actually. so if i was a redneck and got pregnant at 14...

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Damn.
    Wait, what?
    i don't know.

i was thinking that there really isn't all that much of an age difference between you and drake. the same age difference as between drake and dorian actually. so if i was a redneck and got pregnant at 14...
    Now I'm going to have a different sort of nightmare tonight, and I just know it's going to involve the above scenario.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My dreams have been weirded as well.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Zombieland the other day and I thought it was really good. It was probably the most fun I've had at the movies in a while. That's not what I'm writing about though.

I've been to a lot of movies, but I've never witnessed what I saw during Zombieland.

I woman (who was there with her boyfriend I'm assuming) sat in the back row on her laptop the whole movie.

This just rubbed me the wrong way. Yes, she had the common sense to sit in the back so the glow of the screen didn't disturb the other viewers. The only problem is I like sitting in the back and she was only 8 seats away from me and I could see the glow out of the corner of my eye the entire film.

It also bothers me that she (or her boyfriend) would pay money for a ticket just so she could sit there on the computer. Zombieland was so fun. I just don't know how you can sit there and not care in the least about what's happening on the screen.

If she were my girlfriend, I would dump her immediately. Unless he forced her to go. If that's the case then he should know better.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Wow, I haven't seen that yet. I've seen non-stop texting, and even one time the guy in front of me had a long phone conversation with someone. I've got so many pet peeves when it comes to watching a film in the theater. You'd think people would be a little more courteous to the people around them, but it seems like some just don't care.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I got "Repo - the Genetic Opera" today...wish me luck, I'm quite squeamish

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    A woman (who was there with her boyfriend I'm assuming) sat in the back row on her laptop the whole movie.
    That kinda strange. Wtf is the point of that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 267 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 219 ... LastLast