Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 267 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 6655

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I always wonder about those people, the ones with very young children in R-rated horror: Did they not know? Are the kids really into horror like I was at that age? Is this what I would've been watching had I been able? It doesn't seem to me to be the sort of thing that most young kids would want to watch, though. Maybe they were counting on the kids going to sleep?

I remember desperately wanting to see many horror movies in the theater that I never even asked about. As if. However, when they came to the 8 theater multiplex, I could slip to other movies. Don't ask me how many times I saw the end of the first Star Wars, not to mention the entire movie itself. *cough* But I date myself.

Later my boyfriend became the manager there and I got to see even more movies. That was awesome.

I pretty much agree with everything you said about Halloween, too. The first one is actually very understated, much like The Fog. Are you referring to the
    for Zombie's Halloween

Has anyone here seen Feed?
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Gunslinger Apprentice darkwolf is on a distinguished road darkwolf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Now I have to go into a slight rant. It's a Rob Zombie horror film, and it has a rating for a reason. There's going to be alot of blood, violence, and nudity. That's to be expected coming from Zombie. Well in the theater there was one family that brought a little boy that had to of only been around 7-8. Then there was another group of people who not only brought two young girls again probably around 7-8, and a baby that had to of at least been 2. Am I just old fashioned, or does that seem inappropriate to anyone else?
    I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree! It's one of my biggest pet peeves. It really chaps my ass when I see a 10 year old at a movie like this, let alone a 2 year old! Bad parenting. Shame on those people. Plus I believe that babies shouldn't be allowed in movies at all. They find the perfect time to start bawling and ruin my movie-going experience. Damn babbies.
    "The most important questions in life can never be answered by anyone except oneself." The Magus

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    I always wonder about those people, the ones with very young children in R-rated horror: Did they not know? Are the kids really into horror like I was at that age? Is this what I would've been watching had I been able? It doesn't seem to me to be the sort of thing that most young kids would want to watch, though. Maybe they were counting on the kids going to sleep?

I remember desperately wanting to see many horror movies in the theater that I never even asked about. As if. However, when they came to the 8 theater multiplex, I could slip to other movies. Don't ask me how many times I saw the end of the first Star Wars, not to mention the entire movie itself. *cough* But I date myself.

Later my boyfriend became the manager there and I got to see even more movies. That was awesome.

I pretty much agree with everything you said about Halloween, too. The first one is actually very understated, much like The Fog. Are you referring to the
    for Zombie's Halloween

Has anyone here seen Feed?
    Nope I was talking about the scene
    Spoiler:
    at the stripclub. I didn't see the point of it. The people weren't related to the current story at all. Yes that's where Michael's mom worked when she was alive, but how is it relevant to what is going on now? Am I missing something?

And what is Feed about? I don't think I've heard of it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Ohhhh, yeah. I see what you mean.

Feed is about a man who participates in a fetishism where people, well, wiki puts it better than I can:

Feederism describes sexual relationships where both members obtain gratification from the gaining of body fat. Feederism refers to the acts of feeding, encouraging eating, or being served large quantities of food. Sexual pleasure is derived from the act of eating itself, and/or from the process of becoming fatter. Pleasure may be derived from specific changes to specific areas of the body.
    But this guy likes to take feeding/gaining all the way to its unfortunate end (not a spoiler, we find that out very early). The story involves a cybercrime detective's hunt for him. It is disturbing, disconcerting, and positively disgusting in places. Definitely not for the weak stomached or those who just do not like to see graphic... stuff.

I enjoyed it a lot, but I'm not sure that it's something I'd want to watch again. I'll have to wait and see. I just saw it last night, so I'm still (if you'll pardon the pun) digesting it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

From Iron Man to Ice Man?
    Oscar nominee reportedly tackling true crime biopic.
    by Jim Vejvoda

September 23, 2009 - Mickey Rourke wants to be a hit man for the mob.

The Oscar nominee will play the notorious killer Richard "Ice Man" Kuklinski, according to author Philip Carlo. Carlo spoke with The New York Post about the screen adaptation of his true crime book The Ice Man: Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer.

The official book site tells Kuklinski "was Sammy the Bull Gravano's partner in the killing of Paul Castellano. John Gotti hired him to torture and kill his neighbor. A favorite among all the seven East Coast crime families, Richard 'Ice Man' Kuklinski conducted his business with coldhearted intensity. By his own estimate, he murdered over two hundred men, taking enormous pride in his variety and ferocity of technique. But behind Kuklinski's trail of murder was a traditional, loving, Catholic family. A married father of three, Kuklinski was always regarded as being especially kind to children; he threw summer block parties in his New Jersey neighborhood, and he was always generous around Christmastime. And before his crimes finally caught up with him, his family never suspected a thing."

Kuklinski's life and crimes were recounted in the 2001 documentary The Iceman Confesses: Secrets of a Mafia Hitman. He died in prison in 2006.

Carlo told the paper in August that he wouldn't extend the option deal that Transformers and G.I. Joe producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura had because the latter wanted Joe star Channing Tatum to play Kuklinski. Carlo first suggested Rourke to the paper at that time, saying the Iron Man 2 heavy has "that sense of danger" the Ice Man had.

Now Carlo says he has met with Rourke about the project. "We hit it off beautifully," he told the Post. "We're producing it together. We'll shoot in the spring in New York, New Jersey and Florida."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

From Iron Man to Ice Man?
    Oscar nominee reportedly tackling true crime biopic.
    by Jim Vejvoda

September 23, 2009 - Mickey Rourke wants to be a hit man for the mob.

The Oscar nominee will play the notorious killer Richard "Ice Man" Kuklinski, according to author Philip Carlo. Carlo spoke with The New York Post about the screen adaptation of his true crime book The Ice Man: Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer.

The official book site tells Kuklinski "was Sammy the Bull Gravano's partner in the killing of Paul Castellano. John Gotti hired him to torture and kill his neighbor. A favorite among all the seven East Coast crime families, Richard 'Ice Man' Kuklinski conducted his business with coldhearted intensity. By his own estimate, he murdered over two hundred men, taking enormous pride in his variety and ferocity of technique. But behind Kuklinski's trail of murder was a traditional, loving, Catholic family. A married father of three, Kuklinski was always regarded as being especially kind to children; he threw summer block parties in his New Jersey neighborhood, and he was always generous around Christmastime. And before his crimes finally caught up with him, his family never suspected a thing."

Kuklinski's life and crimes were recounted in the 2001 documentary The Iceman Confesses: Secrets of a Mafia Hitman. He died in prison in 2006.

Carlo told the paper in August that he wouldn't extend the option deal that Transformers and G.I. Joe producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura had because the latter wanted Joe star Channing Tatum to play Kuklinski. Carlo first suggested Rourke to the paper at that time, saying the Iron Man 2 heavy has "that sense of danger" the Ice Man had.

Now Carlo says he has met with Rourke about the project. "We hit it off beautifully," he told the Post. "We're producing it together. We'll shoot in the spring in New York, New Jersey and Florida."

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

So I'm way too excited to see Zombieland with Woody Harrelson. Zombies + Woody Harrelson = fucking awesomeness.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    So I'm way too excited to see Zombieland with Woody Harrelson. Zombies + Woody Harrelson = fucking awesomeness.
    I can't wait for this one as well!

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'd pretty much watch anything with Woody Harrelson in it, but whoever had the idea to put Woody Harrelson in a comedic zombie film, well ... they get my thumbs up.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Eagerly awaiting, in order of how good I expect them to be:
    The Road
    Zombieland
    Gentlemen Broncos
    Fantastic Mr. Fox

Saw: Surrogates. Thoughtful, decent-looking, and a good sci-fi movie for a weekend outing but not amazing. I'm a fan of Bruce Willis doing his usual thing, which is what he does here (sometimes as a airbrushed robot version...with hair!).

My Mood
    Worried

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWT2uMQWL20"]A Tribute[/ame]

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

So I just spent most the evening watching Singin' in the Rain, and disturbingly enough, enjoyed it o.O

My Mood
    Worried

The Final Destination, the latest in the Final Destination franchise, is exactly what you expect it to be: low on plot (in spite of a franchise-established baseline), barely adequate acting (I'm being kind), and the usual stupid decisions that pepper almost every horror movie. What The Final Destination does have, however, is 3D. It was fucking awesome to sit in the top of the stadium seating watching stuff come at you in 3D. Don't get me wrong: it's not the first time that I've ever watched something in 3D, but the technology for rendering things in 3D has changed so much that it is just a pure joy to watch.

The movie was so lame that I could hear Joel and the bots going on about it in my head:

"Look! Litter in 3D!"

Host segment, Tom is wearing 3D glasses and reading Moby Dick. Enter Joel.

Joel: Tom, why are you wearing those glasses?
    Tom: I'm reading Moby Dick in 3D, Joel.
    Joel: {laughs} What?
    Tom: Don't laugh, Joel. Everybody knows that 3D makes everything better. Ergo, if I read this choking, laboring, guide to whaling, bore you to tears book while wearing 3D glasses, then it, too, will be better. Duh.

Bottom line: See it in the theater only if you are a die-hard fan of the franchise or really want to experience the 3D effects.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    Eagerly awaiting, in order of how good I expect them to be:
    The Road
    Zombieland
    Gentlemen Broncos
    Fantastic Mr. Fox
    Yes.
    Spoiler:

I just watched Rushmore, with my friend who was seeing it for the first time.
    It was great.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

just watched knowing
    very disappointed

but i did watch 'frequently asked questions about time travel' over the weekend
    freaking loved loved loved it, more (yes more) than shaun of the dead
    and i only caught it by accident

i am an imaginateer

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    just watched knowing
    very disappointed
    What were you expecting?
    Honestly, the only thing I liked about that movie was the ending.
    I have a strong disdain for Nicolas Cage.

I hadn't been to the movies in a while--I think--so a friend and I decided to go watch トウキョウソナタ (Tokyo Sonata) last night, and we both really enjoyed it.
    It was a horror film unlike any of the others Kiyoshi Kurosawa is known for, and although it is a bit melodramatic at times, with the current economic crisis and the incessant downsizing many of us are being affected by (be it directly or indirectly), the film does a fantastic job at depicting the chaos these unfortunate events have on families, particularly Japanese families.
    Tokyo Sonata is not a life-changing movie, but it is a very good film nonetheless.

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched Superbad, Knocked up and Pineapple Express while I was ill this weak. I love Seth Rogen.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched the color version of The Forbidden Zone

so so so incredible!!!!!!
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Anyone see the previews for Paranormal Activity? Looks good.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I watched Superbad, Knocked up and Pineapple Express while I was ill this weak. I love Seth Rogen.
    i finally saw pineapple express recently.

honestly? i thought it was a piece of crap.

there was some funniness in the early parts but mostly, it was just stupid, and not the good kind of "stupid funny" stupid, just stupid. it was also a lot more dramatic and violent than i expected for a stoner comedy. finally, i was never able to buy gary cole and rosie perez as badasses. i'd like my two hours back.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

jayson, if you can figure out how to get your hours back for watching bad movies... I'd appreciate a heads-up... I have a decade or two coming my way, I'm sure !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

do we get bonus refund time for movies like forest gump or the right stuff which may have only been three hours but felt like three years?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I am with you completely on Forest Gump... and I think I would have loved The Right Stuff if it had been two movies....instead of just the very, very long one. ( forget about how it felt like two different movies, as well )

I think if we get this time back... we could solve all the worlds problems.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

yes, the right stuff could have been at least two movies. my standard joke used to be that it was filmed in actual time.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i was watching christine last night, and i was thinking. Most of the 'good' SK movies have really stood the test of time. Christine, Carrie and the Shining are still as good today as they were back in the day

+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 267 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 ... LastLast