+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 267 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    My wife would not be happy with you. For some reason she loves Cage. I am not sure why. Just today we saw a commercial for Knowing and I commented on how he seems to be in like four movies a year now. She said it was because he is "awesome."
    RUBE - I will bet its because of Moonstuck and Peggy Sue Got Married. Those are his "my wife loves him" flicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    He has the same expression on his face in every movie!
    This is scary accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcampebll View Post
    300 was absolutely incredibly. What comic based movie are you looking forward to this yea the watchmen, wolverine origins, iron man 2, ect.......
    Actually there are individual threads for Watchmen, and Wolverine Origins already. Those are very popular around here. Personally, if it's comic book related, I'm looking forward to it. Especially WOLVERINE !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I just ran across 1408 on You Tube.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcampebll View Post
    300 was absolutely incredibly. What comic based movie are you looking forward to this yea the watchmen, wolverine origins, iron man 2, ect.......
    Actually there are individual threads for Watchmen, and Wolverine Origins already. Those are very popular around here. Personally, if it's comic book related, I'm looking forward to it. Especially WOLVERINE !

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe because you now know Jackman can do more than growl and make angry faces.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    My wife would not be happy with you. For some reason she loves Cage. I am not sure why. Just today we saw a commercial for Knowing and I commented on how he seems to be in like four movies a year now. She said it was because he is "awesome."
    RUBE - I will bet its because of Moonstuck and Peggy Sue Got Married. Those are his "my wife loves him" flicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    He has the same expression on his face in every movie!
    This is scary accurate.
    I just asked her and she has never seen Moonstruck (even I have seen that) but she did like Peggy Sue... Of course, it mainly comes from Raising Arizona but strangely enough she listed Ghost Rider as one of her favorites with him in it.

My Mood
    Worried

This is the only scene I remember from Moonstruck. Hrm.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x-fkSYDtUY"]Snap out of it![/ame]

My Mood
    Worried

Watched 1408 and was unimpressed. It was all right, but it would've been awesome if they'd filmed the story that Stephen King wrote. How very different was my reaction to The Mist.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw Slumdog Millionaire last night. Completely amazing!! I didn't have a clue what it was about beforehand, and I'd forgotten how gritty Danny Boyle is (and also about his obsession with toilets and poo!) it was very, very good - I really recommend it. And stay for the titles if you do see it

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree! Slumdog is fucking awesome.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Oh, and Con Air, which was one of the worst pieces of crap I ever wasted two hours watching...
    Nicholas Cage.

Enough said.
    thank you! Seriously, he is one of the worst ever. imo, he made one good movie and that was Raising Arizona. How did he ever win an Oscar?

we were watching tv the other night and a commercial came on for Knowing and my hubby looks at me as says, "he's still working? who keeps giving him a job?"

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    we were watching tv the other night and a commercial came on for Knowing and my hubby looks at me as says, "he's still working? who keeps giving him a job?"
    I believe my response was "Oh, just what the world needs, another piece of shit action blockbuster starring Nicolas Cage."

My Mood
    Worried

"I luv yew, Peggy Sew."

At least that's how it sounded when he said it.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone heard anything on "s. Darko", the supposed sequel to "Donnie Darko"? I think it's going straight to DVD sometime in April/May.

I'm sure I'll watch it, but I'm not having high hopes at all. Richard Kelly(Director/Writer of Donnie Darko) was quoted, stating, "To set the record straight, here's a few facts I'd like to share with you all -- I haven't read this script. I have absolutely no involvement with this production, nor will I ever be involved."

Anyone else with thoughts?

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

My Mood
    Worried

Say sorry, Sig. No idea.

Saw The Golden Compass and quite enjoyed it. I've never read the source material, though, so I cannot comment on how close the movie sticks to the book.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finally got around to seeing Bubba Ho-tep.
    I loved it! I can't believe I hadn't watched it sooner.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

That movie is hilarious Heather.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    JFK: Roughly translated it says "Cleopatra does the nasty."

JFK: Would you like a Ding-Dong?
    [Elvis looks towards JFK's crotch]
    JFK: Oh, I don't mean mine! I mean a chocolate ding-dong.
    [JFK pauses a moment, thoughtful]
    JFK: Of course mine would be chocolate now that I've been dyed.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We watched Sex Drive this weekend (we like a sex romp every now and then)...

The unrated version purposly stuck in all the random nudity that they could, it was pretty funny. Every now and then a naked chick or dude would just walk by.

The movie itself was suprisingly not disappointing but I had my expectations set pretty low.

Australia was confusing and ungood.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    JFK: Roughly translated it says "Cleopatra does the nasty."

JFK: Would you like a Ding-Dong?
    [Elvis looks towards JFK's crotch]
    JFK: Oh, I don't mean mine! I mean a chocolate ding-dong.
    [JFK pauses a moment, thoughtful]
    JFK: Of course mine would be chocolate now that I've been dyed.
    It definitely had some hilarious moments.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Brand on Pirates 4
    Sarah Marshall co-star addresses the casting rumors.
    by Jim Vejvoda

March 10, 2009 - The online rumor mill has been buzzing for several months now that British comic-actor Russell Brand might appear in Pirates of the Caribbean 4 as the brother of Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp). Although it's been denied in the past, it turns out there was a kernel of truth to the casting rumor after all.

Brand confirmed to Access Hollywood that there is "a possibility" he might be in Pirates 4. "There's been some talk of doing a Pirates movie," Brand said. "But, I've got eight other things to do [including] Get Him to The Greek with Judd Apatow. So I don't know if there'll be time to be a pirate, I've got enough of that in me private life."

The Forgetting Sarah Marshall spin-off of sorts Get Him to The Greek will revolve around a young insurance adjuster who is hired to accompany an out-of-control rock star from London to L.A. where he is performing a gig at the Greek Theatre. Nick Stoller will direct and Apatow will produce, while Jonah Hill will play the adjuster and, in a role similar to his Sarah Marshall character, Brand will play the rock star in question.

Last year, Disney confirmed that it's in the earliest stages of development on a fourth Pirates movie with Depp set to reprise his role as Jack Sparrow. Pirates 4 is rumored to revolve around Jack's quest for the Fountain of Youth.

Another Pirate movie. I thought they were going to stop at 3.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The series started off well, and then it just got worse and worse.

My Mood
    Gay

Pirates 4....

.... why?

I thought 2 and 3 were horrible.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Agreed. It should have ended after the first one.

My Mood
    Gay

In my mind... it did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 267 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 ... LastLast