Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 267 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I love the unicorn line.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Has anybody seen the Woody Allen film Sleeper?
    Netflix recommended it to me, but I'm more interested in your opinions.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I suppose it depends if you like Woody or not. I do and I thought Sleeper was hilarious. It's not precisely your standard Woody movie as it's his take on a science fiction movie, but it still plays like Woody.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

gran torino was perty damn good. kinda slow but i thought it really picked up pace and became a great movie
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I went to go see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button yesterday -

Excellent, excellent film. I'm not a huge fan of Brad Pitt, but he can be a pleasure to watch on screen when he's in his game and such is the case for this film. Although there are some parts of the film that feel a bit tedious and lacking, I have to say that on a general basis the film is extremely rewarding and I'm sure everyone will walk away with something; highly recommended.

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved The Curious Case, too, but I don't think I liked it as much as a lot of people did.

Now Milk...Wow. I watched it yesterday and thought it was absolutely fantastic!
    I really want to convince my parents to watch it.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched Valkyrie over the weekend, the best part was when they...

Spoiler:
    shot Tom Cruise

I figured I would spoil that even though the outcome is a point of history.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

Excellent, excellent film. I'm not a huge fan of Brad Pitt, but he can be a pleasure to watch on screen when he's in his game and such is the case for this film. Although there are some parts of the film that feel a bit tedious and lacking, I have to say that on a general basis the film is extremely rewarding and I'm sure everyone will walk away with something; highly recommended.
    I'm definitely going to try to get out to see it this weekend. I just don't want it to disappear before I get a chance to see it.

On another note, I watched The Professional after all the praise it was getting around here, and well... I'll just say it wasn't my type of film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    gran torino was perty damn good. kinda slow but i thought it really picked up pace and became a great movie
    I didn't think it was slow. I just loved every scene with Eastwood, even if all he was doing was getting his hair cut or fixing a dryer. It was just one of those films that I could see over and over again.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    I didn't think it was slow. I just loved every scene with Eastwood, even if all he was doing was getting his hair cut or fixing a dryer. It was just one of those films that I could see over and over again.
    I haven't seen it yet, but the girl who is his next door neighbor in the movie lives about a mile from me. And it was filmed in my state. Not quite sure where I was during the filming, but hey, win some lose some....

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

I'm definitely going to try to get out to see it this weekend. I just don't want it to disappear before I get a chance to see it.

On another note, I watched The Professional after all the praise it was getting around here, and well... I'll just say it wasn't my type of film.

Have you ever seen Run, Lona, Run or Memento?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Geek View Post
    Have you ever seen Run, Lona, Run or Memento?
    I love both of these, especially Run, Lola, Run.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i love eastwood in most his films. even if he's an old racist in this film, it still is a really good act by him. did u notice that he was smoking filterless cigarettes in the film? i thought that was awesome bc it kinda fit his old spagetti western days
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Run, Lola, Run is a great film. Was talking about that at work today actually.

Are you a fan by any chance of the old classic black and white Universal Monser Movies? Dracula, Frankenstein and so on?

Are you a fan by any chance of the old classic black and white Universal Monser Movies? Dracula, Frankenstein and so on?
    Yes I am. I'm a big fan of both the horror genre, and the classic film era. I've actually only seen a few of the big Universal ones, but I do really enjoy all of the other horror and scifi films from that time, even all those cheesy B-movie ones.
    I especially love some of the early Geman Expressionist films. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari is one of my all time favorite films. I don't know if you've seen that one or not, but it's definitely worth checking out.

Yes I am. I'm a big fan of both the horror genre, and the classic film era. I've actually only seen a few of the big Universal ones, but I do really enjoy all of the other horror and scifi films from that time, even all those cheesy B-movie ones.
    I especially love some of the early Geman Expressionist films. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari is one of my all time favorite films. I don't know if you've seen that one or not, but it's definitely worth checking out.
    I've heard of it, seen pictures from it, but still haven't seen it yet. Many say that film was a huge impression on Tim Burton.

Ok, if you are into German Expressionist films, you've seen Nosferatu? I love that film, love, love, so good. And of course Shadow of the Vampire, a film about Nosferatu, is awesome.

My favorite old Universal movies are Dracula, Bride of Frankenstein, Frankenstein and Creature from the Black Lagoon.

I believe it very well may have. Burton uses alot of very similar images. I think I've seen it online somewhere before, if I find it I'll send the link over to you. I think you'd really enjoy it.

Much appreciated, thanks very much!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"What the fuck was that?"

These are the first words that came out of my mouth upon completion of the two hour, twenty minute colossal failure of an epic that is Southland Tales.

When this film was out, I heard stories about its utter incompetence. I chose to ignore the poor reviews because of my love for Donnie Darko (director Richard Kelly directed both films.) Compared to Southland Tales, Donnie Darko's plot is coherent. It makes Darko look like See Spot Run.

Maybe this film was doomed from the start. Just take a gander at the list of actors. You have four Saturday night sketch comedy vets (Will Sasso, Cheri Oteri, Jon Lovitz and Amy Poehler), two singers (Mandy Moore and Justin Timberlake), an 80's sitcom has been (sorry John Larrouquette), a wrestler (Dwayne Johnson), and Bai Ling (I'm not sure what the fuck she is).

When Sarah Michelle Gellar and Shawn William Scott are the most accomplished actors in your film, there might be a problem.

Now, I must be clear. The failure of this film is not the actors. I happen to think The Rock is a good actor and I've enjoyed Timberlake in a few films such as Alpha Dog.

The failure here is the incoherent, incomprehensible, convoluted plot and script. Almost nothing in this film works. I feel dumber and less of a human being for watching it. I feel all my years of watching good cinema was flushed down the toilet after experiencing this pretentious pile of puss.

You can't make a film cool. It just has to be cool. Pulp Fiction is cool, that's just the way it is. It didn't have to try.

The funny thing is that I like most films. I like to think that I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to movies. I usually can find at least something good in every movie. That is not the case with this film.

The really crazy thing is, I bet there are people who actually like this film. I don't mean to scare anybody away, but I would love to hear from you if you enjoyed this film. I'm very open minded to opinions about movies. I know I love films that other people hate. On the flip side, I hate films that other peole love. It's what makes film discussions great.

That being said, I can't honestly see how anybody could like this film. I really do believe it's the pinnacle of putridness.

May God help those who watch this "film" from this point forward.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I watched Valkyrie over the weekend, the best part was when they...

Spoiler:
    shot Tom Cruise

I figured I would spoil that even though the outcome is a point of history.
    I saw Valkyrie yesterday, and I thought it was really good. Not amazing but still really good.
    Sure, Tom Cruise looked a little out of place, but who cares? Bill Nighy, Terence Stamp, and Tom Wilkinson were in the movie, too, and those guys are great (Tom Wilkinson being my favorite among them). I was even more surprised and ecstatic to see Eddie Izzard! I fucking love him! And to see him playing a Nazi conspiring against Hitler's life when he so openly talks about despising the Führer was awesome.
    Maybe I'm a bit biased since I like all that WWII stuff, particularly the things related to Nazi Germany, but yeah, I thought Valkyrie was pretty cool.

anyone see the Neverwhere miniseries. I was going to get it from netflix, but was wondering if it was worth it.

anyone see the Neverwhere miniseries. I was going to get it from netflix, but was wondering if it was worth it.
    Neverwhere? Why does this sound familiar? What is it about?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The book Neverwhere by Gaiman is based on the television series (penned by Gaiman himself) of the same name.

The book Neverwhere by Gaiman is based on the television series (penned by Gaiman himself) of the same name.
    Interesting, when I saw it I just assumed it was based on the book not the other way around.
    Have you seen it Feev?

I went to see Benjamin Button earlier. I loved it, even though I did think it was rather sad and depressing. But I kinda knew it would be going in.

I finally got to see Iron Man tonight. While I thought Robert Downey Jr. was excellent in it, and I enjoyed some of the comic Easter Eggs in it and the Nick Fury scene at the end, overall I didn't really enjoy the film. I couldn't get into the story and found myself not really caring too much about it.

A lot of my friends loved it though, so maybe I went in expecting too much due to their reviews?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 267 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast