Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 267 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

I haven't seen The Painted Veil, but I did see the preview and I remember thinking LORD I love Edward Norton but he needs to stay away from the British accents! Yikes.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Also, I have a huge crush on Diane Lane.
    This is interesting to me, because I know a lot of guys who just think she is da-bomb!

I am completely missing that gene.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

She has shown some signs of age recently like in the awful film Untraceable, but I thought she looked great in Under the Tuscan Sun, Unfaithful (which is actually pretty good) Must Love Dogs.

The gene you must be missing is kind of similar to the gene I'm missing, which makes Kanye West's music good. I don't have that one, because I just don't think he's that good.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Gay

Ha! I'm with you Kanye!

I'm going to have to go all the way to Streets of Fire before I can say I liked Diane Lane in a movie. I think she's a bit of a looker, but her acting... um, not so much.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

*Points to sig*
    Whoever can guess what movie Turtlesong is talking about wins 2000 beam bucks
    *leaves*

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A Departed Reunion?
    Scorsese reportedly eyes Boston hitman biopic.
    by Jim Vejvoda

December 29, 2008 - Word out of Boston is that the creative troika behind The Departed -- director Martin Scorsese, screenwriter William Monahan, and producer Graham King -- might reteam for a fact-based Beantown gangster movie.

It was reported earlier this month that King's GK Films had snagged the life rights of Boston underworld hitman John Martorano. Martorano was an enforcer and assassin for James "Whitey" Bulger, the South Boston crimelord and FBI informant who served as the basis for Jack Nicholson's kingpin in The Departed. Martorano, who served 14 years in prison for killing 20 people, became a witness for the government and helped expose the corrupt relationship between Bulger and the FBI. Bulger's FBI handler is now in prison, while the ex-mob boss has been a fugitive since 1995.

Now The Boston Herald claims that "Scorsese met secretly with the Winter Hill Gang hitman at an Italian restaurant in the Back Bay while The Departed director was in town making Shutter Island. Then, according to our snitch, Marty had his longtime collaborator, producer Graham King, lock down the rights to Martorano's life story. It is also likely that William Monahan, who wrote the screenplay for The Departed, which Scorsese directed and King produced, will write the Martorano script."

Word of a Martorano biopic has caused a furor in Boston, with many -- including cops and his victims' families -- condemning the very thought of turning the executioner's life story into a piece of entertainment.

My Mood
    Gay

This is precisely what the Boston FBI guys need to get "Whitey" back in Boston!

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I saw Valkyrie. It was okay, not great, not terrible. You could tell it struggled to get off the ground in regards to the production.

I saw Slumdog on Christmas Eve and IT IS NOT A FEEL GOOD MOVIE. I cried at least five times because of the slum footage with the childhood flashbacks. Amazing movie. By far the best thing I saw in 2008. BY FAR.

My Mood
    Gay

Ohhhhh.... I might have to check out Slumdog sooner than I anticipated then. That's a big recommendation.

I'd love to talk to you about it. Its hard to find people that have seen it. I really think that you will like it.

I recommend waiting for Valkyrie to come out on video. Its worth seeing, but not worth eight bucks.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to see Slumdog also, Boyle is one of my favorite directors.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Still haven't seen The Illusionist, but I did like The Prestige. It was a little different than the book, which I loved, but I enjoyed the film.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We watched "death race" with that guy from the Transporter movies in. Expectations were kind of low, they were met
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    We watched "death race" with that guy from the Transporter movies in. Expectations were kind of low, they were met

Matt, the trailers for that movie looked really good but the reviews were really horrible. I couldn't make myself pay the money to see it in the theater.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, we rented it. Worth almost 5 bucks.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished watching Mongol, and contrary to what I'd been told, I thought it was really good.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

turtlex, I finally saw Fortress. It was that film that I've been looking for.
    I have to say it kinda freaked me out. And those masks the killers wear are so creepy!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

saw seven pounds in theaters...definately didn't know it was a love story...me and my buds went to watch it expecting a dramatic thriller.

what we got was a tear jerker. dudes aren't supposed to cry together..haha i keed. i left having fallen in love with rosario dawson tho...i want her bad
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

My Mood
    Gay

Rosario Dawson in RENT = Hot HOt HOT !

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Rosario Dawson in RENTANYTHING = Hot HOt HOT !
    Fixed that for ya.

ETA: Though I would not like to see her play Susannah in any potential DT film as has been suggested a few times in that thread.

My Mood
    Gay

Rosario could play Roland and I'd still go !

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I didn't say I wouldn't see it, just that I couldn't envision it working.
    Believe me, if she were in it, I'd see it.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i got something i'd like her to play......with........

had too, sorry. hehe
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I got Gangs of New York at Suncoast for $5!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 267 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast