Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 238 of 266 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 6646

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Unfortunately, it will probably be underwhelming. There are really no good examples in films that get revisited 10+ years later and end up being as good as their progenitors. All the examples listed above, plus a few more I can think of (hello Kingdom of the Crystal Skull).
    Your right.. every sequel ever made sucked.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

How about Mad Max: Fury Road I'd also argue that The Force Awakens was pretty good as well, definitely not on the same level as something like Mad Max or Blade Runner though.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Mad Max is a little different though. That's a complete re imagining of the character. It has no ties to the Mel Gibson films, and thus was able to act without restraints.

M4 will presumably pick up after the events of the original Matrix trilogy. It's going to have to justify its existence within the film in a way that makes sense, and then needs to build upon its own legacy.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Mad Max is a little different though. That's a complete re imagining of the character. It has no ties to the Mel Gibson films, and thus was able to act without restraints.

M4 will presumably pick up after the events of the original Matrix trilogy. It's going to have to justify its existence within the film in a way that makes sense, and then needs to build upon its own legacy.
    I guess. It really didn't feel any different than going between Mad Max 1 through 3 though. It just had a different lead actor. I mean Mad Max 2 is a totally different move than 1. There are also people that would argue that Jurassic World did it right (I'm not one of those), but it was hugely popular.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Luce and Peanut Butter Falcon opened near me. I don't know if I will get a chance to see them this weekend, but it's nice to see films like this start opening.

It's been a decent summer, but I'm ready for some different movies.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wanted to catch Tigers Are Not Afraid but it's only playing in New York...

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Luce and Peanut Butter Falcon opened near me. I don't know if I will get a chance to see them this weekend, but it's nice to see films like this start opening.

It's been a decent summer, but I'm ready for some different movies.
    Caught The Peanut Butter Falcon at a 9 o'clock showing last night. I really enjoyed it. It's a really heart-warming film. Kind of reminded me of Hunt for the Wilderpeople in some ways.

I know Shia LaBeouf is one of those actors that seems to divide people, but I thought he did an amazing job here.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I heard about this today and I almost fell out of my chair!

It's my favorite film of the year and a theater not that far from me is showing it. I really want to see it. Especially since I heard they might not release the Director's Cut on Blu Ray.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You guys I'm in an actual film! Well ok it might just be the top of my head and you wouldn't know it's me unless I pointed it out, but my boyfriend did get a full on head shot in the film

So we went to see this comedian the Amazing Jonathan a few years ago. Turns out they made a documentary about him. He's been really sick and this was his final tour. Funny thing is that there's also another documentary already out that covers this same tour. And I honestly don't even remember seeing cameras there filming. It's streaming now on Hulu. All I can say is thank goodness they zoomed in on my boyfriend and not me
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Holy crap that's awesome, Heather!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I remember the Amazing Jonathan. Saw him on TV once. He had a lot of energy and combined comedy with magic.

IIRC, he was the one that yelled, "I want to take my clothes off and run around!" then he drank from a bottle that looked like Windex and said "This stops streaking!"
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heather is famous!

So how did you figure out you guys were in it? Did you watch it and just happen to see yourselves?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So Matt's friend happened to watch it and saw him pop up on the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I remember the Amazing Jonathan. Saw him on TV once. He had a lot of energy and combined comedy with magic.

IIRC, he was the one that yelled, "I want to take my clothes off and run around!" then he drank from a bottle that looked like Windex and said "This stops streaking!"
    That's him
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

https://thefilmstage.com/news/richar...we-roll-along/
    Let it be known 20 years from now, when climate change has set upon the world murderous heat, flooded cities, famine, mass displacement, and a religious fervor the likes of which were unseen since the plague, that on August 29, 2019, someone typed “Richard Linklater, you crazy motherfucker.” One-upping just about any time-based cinematic experiment, he’s set himself the task of adapting Stephen Sondheim’s 20-year-spanning Merrily We Roll Along in an insanely literal manner, filming a segment every year for the next, well, you get the idea.

Ben Platt will star as Franklin Shepard, a Hollywood film producer whose former life as a Broadway composer we follow in bits and pieces; Beanie Feldstein is to play Mary Flynn, his best friend and a theater critic. Due to the nature of its source mateiral (originated by Moss Hart and George S. Kaufman), the film “is being shot in reverse chronological order, as the play and musical end when the characters are in their mid-20s and just embarking on their entertainment careers.” By Merrily‘s completion, Platt will be 45, Feldstein 46, and Linklater 79. Don’t think about this for too long—that is a deep abyss to gaze into, and I can confirm it gazes back.

Linklater’s mainstay producer Ginger Sledge will produce, while Jason Blum and Blumhouse, ensuring their low-budget-horror well is not soon forgotten, has a hand. While you wait for Merrily We Roll Along, be sure to read our interview with Linklater on the occasion of his new—and, sadly, basically gone-from-theaters—film Where’d You Go, Bernadette?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone heard of this film The Load? The premise sounds intriguing and it's doing solid on RT%. It's a freshman film apparently.

The Load

Vlada works as a truck driver during the NATO bombing of Serbia in 1999. Tasked with transporting a mysterious load from Kosovo to Belgrade, he drives through unfamiliar territory, trying to make his way in a country scarred by the war. He knows that once the job is over, he will need to return home and face the consequences of his actions.

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone heard of this film The Load? The premise sounds intriguing and it's doing solid on RT%. It's a freshman film apparently.

The Load

Vlada works as a truck driver during the NATO bombing of Serbia in 1999. Tasked with transporting a mysterious load from Kosovo to Belgrade, he drives through unfamiliar territory, trying to make his way in a country scarred by the war. He knows that once the job is over, he will need to return home and face the consequences of his actions.
    Looks good, thanks for the heads up, here's a trailer:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    You guys I'm in an actual film! Well ok it might just be the top of my head and you wouldn't know it's me unless I pointed it out, but my boyfriend did get a full on head shot in the film

So we went to see this comedian the Amazing Jonathan a few years ago. Turns out they made a documentary about him. He's been really sick and this was his final tour. Funny thing is that there's also another documentary already out that covers this same tour. And I honestly don't even remember seeing cameras there filming. It's streaming now on Hulu. All I can say is thank goodness they zoomed in on my boyfriend and not me
    That's pretty awesome!

Let me take the opportunity to give a shout out to that documentary. It's fantastic and it's way more than a standard documentary. The film turns into much more than that. In fact, the documentarian becomes part of his own film and it really turns into a film about fulfilling your dreams. If you have Hulu, check it out.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

It's about time for our annual Oscars thread, is it not?

One of my personal favorite type of news is which country will be submitting a film for the first time. This year so far we have Uganda's debut: https://www.softpower.ug/kony-order-...st-for-uganda/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's about time for our annual Oscars thread, is it not?

One of my personal favorite type of news is which country will be submitting a film for the first time. This year so far we have Uganda's debut: https://www.softpower.ug/kony-order-...st-for-uganda/
    Almost! I usually start that thread towards the end of September.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is what I think is a tasty tidbit for ll you JP/Dino fans out there. A short film featuring JP/Dino creatures. It's not trailer so no spoilers. I enjoyed it a heckuva lot.................................

https://www.aintitcool.com/battle-at...d-short-82434/

Wasn't that cool?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I do really, really want to see Welles' original cut of TMA but I love the one that exists. It's always a tragedy when an artist, for whatever reasons, is not allowed to create and maintain control over their art. Welles had to take crappy acting roles to help fund his films all throughout the rest of his life. His work is already quite dazzling, to me anyway and it makes me sad to think about what his career really could have been....

In the same vein and covering some similar ground, I saw this the other night....

Country
    Country Flag

Oscar time is coming soon!

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 238 of 266 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 ... LastLast