Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Glad you liked the films T!

As for your question

Spoiler:
    I think we can safely assume that Flynn does not know about the infection that Danny carries (at least not at first) and the catastrophe it could and apparently did cause. I wonder what Boyle will come up with in the third flick as far as an explanation as to how Danny spread the virus.
    Spoiler:
    hmmmm, Maybe I misunderstood, but my impression was that the infected managed to escape to France through the chunnel (is that the correct term for it?) and not that Andy spread it. Did I get that wrong?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

T - That theory is valid also...

Spoiler:
    There isn't anything set in stone (yet) as to how the virus was indeed spread through France. I was suggesting that Danny spread the infection because of the visual clue left at the end of Weeks, where they show the inside of Flynn's helicopter and taking into consideration that he took the siblings with him.

Country
    Country Flag

T - That theory is valid also...

Spoiler:
    There isn't anything set in stone (yet) as to how the virus was indeed spread through France. I was suggesting that Danny spread the infection because of the visual clue left at the end of Weeks, where they show the inside of Flynn's helicopter and taking into consideration that he took the siblings with him.
    Spoiler:
    Gotcha, the kid who had the immunity was named Andy.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Where the fuck did I get Danny from? Oh, wait, I have two delears named Danny.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a bit off topic, but could you send one of them over?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Where the fuck did I get Danny from? Oh, wait, I have two delears named Danny.
    This is further off topic, but what's a delear?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know, but I think I like the Danny's.

Seriously, we should steer this back toward the movies. Please!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen Juno yet? I'm really looking forward to seeing it soon.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    No, but everyone I know has been raving about it-including one of my blogger friends, who must have posted about it at least half a dozen times in the past month.

One reviewer said that it was the female version of Knocked-Up. I hope it's a bit better than that, because I don't want to blow ten bucks on something that's no better than an entertaining Summer flick.

I might see Juno, but not before Sweeney Todd, which has one of my favorite directors adapting a musical by one of my favorite (modern) composers.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it's come out yet, but I'm totally going to see it if I have a chance. I've been a long time fan of Michael Cera from the Arrested Development days and I'm pretty sure the girl who he's paired with is the same one from Superbad. I guess they decided that the two of them had good chemestry together.

BTW, I saw Superbad for the first time on my vacation and I thought it was friggin hilarious! I don't know where they found the kid who played Seth but I thought he was brilliant. He seemed like a younger, funnier version of Chris Penn (who is one of my all time favorites).
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yea, Superbad cracked me up too.

Gunslinger Apprentice Will is on a distinguished road Will's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    I don't think it's come out yet, but I'm totally going to see it if I have a chance. I've been a long time fan of Michael Cera from the Arrested Development days and I'm pretty sure the girl who he's paired with is the same one from Superbad. I guess they decided that the two of them had good chemestry together.

BTW, I saw Superbad for the first time on my vacation and I thought it was friggin hilarious! I don't know where they found the kid who played Seth but I thought he was brilliant. He seemed like a younger, funnier version of Chris Penn (who is one of my all time favorites).
    Good call on the Chris Penn similarity. The girls are different though. The girl in Juno was in the last X-Men movie and Hard Candy.
    People said I was dumb, but I proved them.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Went to see Sweeny Todd this past weekend. It was a great movie, but then again I pretty much love anything Tim Burton does. And it definately was nothing near as gory or bloody as I was expecting. All of the reviews made it seem like it was going to be tons of gore thoughout it, but there really wasn't that much, so don't let that stop you from seeing it.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Good call on the Chris Penn similarity. The girls are different though. The girl in Juno was in the last X-Men movie and Hard Candy.
    She's starring in this?

I loved that film!

You mean the star of the film, right, not the girl who was in the missing poster in that movie?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of Burton, he has a couple of new projects in the works.
    The first is a new adaptation of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I can't wait to see what he does with that one. He should cast the guy who played Beadle in Sweeney Todd as the Mad Hatter, he looked perfect for the part in ST.

After Alice Burton is going to remake his Frankenweenie short as a full length stop motion animated film. Should be out in 2009.

I'm not sure which one I want to see more.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen Hard Candy so I don't know, but the star of Juno is named Ellen Page.

Is this her?

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen Hard Candy so I don't know, but the star of Juno is named Ellen Page.

Is this her?

Yeah, that's her!

She's Canadian, IIRC.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Who did they cast as the beadle in this version of Sweeney Todd?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Who did they cast as the beadle in this version of Sweeney Todd?
    Timothy Spall. This photo doesn't make him look half as dirty and menacing as he appeared in most of the movie.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's Peter Pettigrew!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally got around to viewing Mr. Brooks today.
    Great entertainment. Twisted, ironic, actually funny in parts.
    The best part was
    Spoiler:
    seeing Dane Cook smashed with a shovel

5 Beers on the RFSPRS!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Speaking of Burton, he has a couple of new projects in the works.
    The first is a new adaptation of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I can't wait to see what he does with that one. He should cast the guy who played Beadle in Sweeney Todd as the Mad Hatter, he looked perfect for the part in ST.

After Alice Burton is going to remake his Frankenweenie short as a full length stop motion animated film. Should be out in 2009.

I'm not sure which one I want to see more.
    Yes, I can't wait for Frankenweenie! That should be good. And I also think the could do a wonderful job with Alice and Wonderland.
    I was also just checking his IMDB page and there's another film listed for 2009 called The Spook's Apprentice. Something about a boy who's training to become an exorcist. It's based off of a story, has anyone here read it?

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Extended edition! Please!
    In Digitized Remorse

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Man, Gates of Fire is the fucking shit! My favorite section of the book was the detailed explanation of the Spartan phalanx and the way they prepare their troops for battle.
    tree fucking ey? :d

that is my favorite war book ever.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

This is Sparta.

Loved it.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 267 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast