+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 243 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 6063

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Kris, I was joking about the 10/10. If you truly think it to be great, of course rate it high. That's why I put the burping crow-to show I was being facetious.
    Oh I know buddy. I may not love it BUT I will report what I did think afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode's Avatar

Finally got to see Wreck It Ralph 2 last night. It was just as good, if not better, than the original. Definitely lived up to the hype.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen the trailers for Brightburn by James Gunn? Man oh man... it is another take on how Superman came to earth but "sinister"... VERY excited about this.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Has anyone seen the trailers for Brightburn by James Gunn? Man oh man... it is another take on how Superman came to earth but "sinister"... VERY excited about this.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_Red_Son

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_Red_Son
    Interesting but they mention nothing about Gunn's film on there under Other Media.... I am very interested in this one.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bojack Horseman fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

If this premise interests you - and if you like graphic novels - check out Irredeemable by Mark Waid.
    I'm responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    If this premise interests you - and if you like graphic novels - check out Irredeemable by Mark Waid.
    I will. I think this will be very good for some reason... HIGH hopes.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm staying away from all reviews for Us. Spoilers or no spoilers. I want to go in with the least amount of preconceived notions as possible.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed.

Rebel Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19's Avatar

Me too, although I've always been anti-reviews until I see the movie. I also get super annoyed by trailers sometimes because they give away too much.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Elsewhere Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I have a feeling Us is going to go the route of, "OH MY GOD BEST MOVIE EVER GO SEE IT!!!!!" over-hype. These people who are seeing it are the first in the world, it's already been hyped up, and seeing a film at a festival/with an exclusive group of people ALWAYS improves the experience. Take reviews at this point with a grain of salt.
    "No, my friend, not you. You donít belong here. Come with me. You belong with the special ones." - Octavio Coleman Esq.

Bojack Horseman fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Me too, although I've always been anti-reviews until I see the movie. I also get super annoyed by trailers sometimes because they give away too much.
    I feel like that's the case with Us, sadly. They've given away wayyyy too much stuff at this point.
    I'm responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast!

OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I feel like that's the case with Us, sadly. They've given away wayyyy too much stuff at this point.
    The same thing happened with Get Out and I loved it. I think there is a window of time where you have to see it. After that, it starts impacting one's ability to enjoy it.

It's currently sitting at 100% with 40 reviews. I think it's safe to say it's at least going to be a good film.

The Tenant Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    At the moment, this is how I rank his films:
    1) The Favourite
    oh, I still haven't watched this one! it's my inborn mistrust for "costum things" (in a voice of John Cleese from How to Irritate People)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19's Avatar

Oh no Jean, first Tarantino, now period pieces...?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    At the moment, this is how I rank his films:
    1) The Favourite
    oh, I still haven't watched this one! it's my inborn mistrust for "costum things" (in a voice of John Cleese from How to Irritate People)
    Trust me, it's about as far from a normal costum period piece as you can get.

Didn't I see in another thread that you've seen other Yorgos Lanthimos films? If that's the case, you should know you're in for something a little different.

The Tenant Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't I see in another thread that you've seen other Yorgos Lanthimos films? If that's the case, you should know you're in for something a little different.
    Exactly! Dogtooth and TKoaSD are among my favorites fims ever, and I was among those (regrettably few) who fervently recommended both
    Trust me, it's about as far from a normal costum period piece as you can get.
    will watch it as soon as I can. Unfortunately this one is for some reason harder to find than the others
    Oh no Jean, first Tarantino, now period pieces...?
    no, I am actually kidding you, bears are known to be omnivorous

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just going to rent it for $4.99 off the PlayStation store. I hardly ever do this but I can't stand the thought of not watching a Lanthimos film.

Is it out on dvd yet?

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

yes, it should be. All streaming services will have it as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved the movie poster video! I love poster/cover art. There's nothing like a well-designed movie poster.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 243 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 ... LastLast