Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 267 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just a huge fan of the Matrix movies in general, so, not much help I guess

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I had to write a big paper last semester about the philosophies expressed in the three Matrix movies. It made me appreciate the 2nd and 3rd films better.

Here Erin, you can have a WWF Superstar Ice Cream Bar, choose anyone you like...

EXCEPT STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

hmmm... I liked part 2 and 3 of the Matrix... except they are very different from the first one. It's like 2 and 3 compliment each other very well and 1 kind of stands alone.

That being said, I found the ending of the 3rd movie rather disappointing. What I wanted to happen was...
    Spoiler:

everyone thinks Zion has been saved... pan out to reveal that even the people in Zion are still a PART OF THE MATRIX!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i fell asleep halfway through the third one and i never finished it.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i have never seen matrix 2 and 3

and i'm not ashamed.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    i have never seen matrix 2 and 3

and i'm not ashamed.
    Ditto.

My friend had a person he knows burn the last two sequels, but I don't think he's ever sat down and watched them either.

Somehow Cornel West doesn't strike me as a compelling action-adventure star.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean
    i fell asleep halfway through the third one and i never finished it.
    same... only it was Matrix 1

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I watched The Matrix last night and it was just "ok".

There was alot of build up, but the pay off wasn't worth the hype. Keanu's acting is soooo bad!! Well, actually thats unfair - his acting as in his physical presence is great, it's just his diction and delivery, they're so wooden!

My favourite part was the martial arts training - that was awesome...and I really liked Mouse

But, what was the end all about?
    Spoiler:
    he's going to show everyone how the world is meant to be, then he just flies off into the sky?...wtf? And by the end, when he could see the agents and the Matrix all in code - is that just because he'd accepted he was the one, or was he actually part of the program like they were?

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

we saw No Country for Old Men last night. I was amazed that I loved the movie as much as I did. Javier Bardem and Josh Brolin acted their roles with some serious talent. I own this book but have never read it. I usually like to read the book before I see the movie but it just didn't work out that way. Now, I don't think I can read the book. I recommend the movie if you're in the mood for a serious drama. The Coen brothers prove themselves again, imo.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Default I Am Legend

I saw the preview for this and thought it looked really good. But, thw title sounds very familiar. Anyways, we can use this to talk about the movie, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I might have heard this before?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The story is by Richard Matheson. It was first done on screen in 1964 as The Last Man on Earth, then in 1971 as The Omega Man.
    BTW, I think this should be in Fedic Station, so check in there.

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    I saw the preview for this and thought it looked really good. But, thw title sounds very familiar. Anyways, we can use this to talk about the movie, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I might have heard this before?
    Not 100% certain as I am not a religious person, but isn't "I am Legend' a biblical quote?

XIX
    "See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Well, I watched The Matrix last night and it was just "ok".

There was alot of build up, but the pay off wasn't worth the hype. Keanu's acting is soooo bad!! Well, actually thats unfair - his acting as in his physical presence is great, it's just his diction and delivery, they're so wooden!

My favourite part was the martial arts training - that was awesome...and I really liked Mouse

But, what was the end all about?
    Spoiler:
    he's going to show everyone how the world is meant to be, then he just flies off into the sky?...wtf? And by the end, when he could see the agents and the Matrix all in code - is that just because he'd accepted he was the one, or was he actually part of the program like they were?

Lisa -

Spoiler:
    Neo is a part of The Matrix, but his actions are an anomaly or "X-Factor" [The One]. This is why he is able to see the coding of The Matrix and and has the power to stop the the Matrix's "agents".

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Basically he could see the spoon was no spoon at the end.

Not something you had to convince yourself of, it was just there.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Me either, but isn't that quote "I am legion"?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt - were you alluding to the little girl at the Oracle's apartment...or are you just being really profound?

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks fro the help, everyone.

Sorry RF, thanks fro the change.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

the imdb boards were ablaze with controversy when I check it a month or so ago.

ROBERT NEVILLE ISN'T BLACK THIS A TRAVESTY TO THE ORIGINALS!!!

Who cares if he is white or black as, unless it is crucial to the story (which it can be) it's redundant.

Looking forward to it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Sai Joshua is on a distinguished road Sai Joshua's Avatar

I read 1/2 of this book while I was waiting for a birthday cake in Wal-Mart. I have to say the movie looks good, but why didn't they just make it something else, changed dude's name in the movie or something. The book was really good, what I had read of it, but I was already seeing big differences in the book and the movie from the start. Yes, Neville is white and Will Smith is black, but that didn't really bother me. What bothers me is the fact that in the book the man does not have a dog, and in the movie Will Smith's Neville does. I know that may sound stupid, but it kind of takes away from the books theme of Robert Neville being totally alone. The selling point of the book is that this man has nothing to hold on to except for his life, which he almost gives up in a fit of rage. Don't want to say too much, just that I think I won't see the movie until I have finished reading the book or vice versa. That way I won't be too mad with the "Artistic Liberties" that Hollywood loves to take.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

He finds a dog part way through the story.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Ta Da, I'm glad this Thread is getting more use now. Seeing as I never read the book, I thought the movie looked really good. From what I have heard from those who have read it, I think I'll have to take the time to go find it.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ive recently watched all three back to back and you appreciate the 2nd and 3rd far more when watched in close succession - theres alot of ideas being thrown around in the 2nd two - its easier to keep them all making sense when watched together and at the end you feel more of a sense of an epic circle thats been completed.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

you should, it's a great book.

i don't think it makes any difference that neville is black but i wish will smith wasn't playing him. i don't like him so much.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just read this book. I liked it a lot actually. It is a very short book though and I wish there were more to it. I am withholding judgement on the movie and Mr. Smith for now.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Went to see The Mist today. Pretty good. Gory, tense, a bit to much talking about "what just happened?". Ending shows the Frank Darabont, not some studio committee had creative control-downbeat as hell.
    4 Beers on the RFSPRS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 267 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast