Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 267 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=feverishparade;37950]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skolpadda View Post
    literary comic
    [/I think that's why Sin City and 300 worked so well is because while it's over-the-top at times...QUOTE]

Actually, all of the over the top characters in 300 (except for Ephialtes) were made specifically for the film by Snyder, none of those huge grotesque characters were part of Miller's comic book version.
    Wow, seriously? I thought that it was part of the transition. Kind of like Marv in Sin City being ridiculously huge, strong and unstoppable and Elijah Wood being so fast etc.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw The Brave One. Couple holes in the plot and the end seemed like something they changed after pre screening it. Still was entertaining and had some momemnts with good acting.
    4 Beers.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I personally throw a fucking party when anything thats not based on a comic or a remake of a film thats already been done brilliantly comes out.

Robert Downy Jr is awesome, on a side note
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone of you seen Oldboy? What do you think about it?

Roland would have understood.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Letti~No I haven't, but I'll try to get my Hands on it

To All~What were your feelings on Stand By Me, based of of King's "The Body"

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the movie was great! Its one of my most favorite adaptations.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorite adaptations also. Shawshank is my number one favorite. I could watch it once a week forever.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"Why are you doing this to yourself Andy?! I mean, Mexico is way the hell down there, and you're in here."

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Sad part is many comic book fans don't even care if it is a bad movie or not, they still like it.
    Whether a movie is bad or not is subjective.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Sad part is many comic book fans don't even care if it is a bad movie or not, they still like it.
    Whether a movie is bad or not is subjective.
    I agree!

I am a comic book fan and collector (or used to collect), I did not like every comic book movie that has come out. I think some directors did an amazing job capturing the story and some did a horrible job.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

AHCK - So you're telling me that Gigli could be a good movie? What about Larry The Cable Guy: Health Inspector? So you're telling me those movies aren't just plain bad? The only good comic book movie in three years was Batman Begins. Is it that hard to take a comic book storyline and making it actually good? I'm not the only one who thinks the Fantastic Four movies, Daredevil, Elektra, Hulk, Ghost Rider, X-3 were bad. Same with video game movies, they are all pretty bad. Is that subjective too? That House of the Dead was a good movie or Alone in the Dark or Doom or Wing Commander?

I'm not saying people can't enjoy them, but look from all the aspects that you gauge a movie on most comic book movies are bad.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

AHCK - So you're telling me that Gigli could be a good movie? What about Larry The Cable Guy: Health Inspector? So you're telling me those movies aren't just plain bad? The only good comic book movie in three years was Batman Begins. Is it that hard to take a comic book storyline and making it actually good? I'm not the only one who thinks the Fantastic Four movies, Daredevil, Elektra, Hulk, Ghost Rider, X-3 were bad. Same with video game movies, they are all pretty bad. Is that subjective too? That House of the Dead was a good movie or Alone in the Dark or Doom or Wing Commander?

I'm not saying people can't enjoy them, but look from all the aspects that you gauge a movie on most comic book movies are bad.
    I'm saying that yes, to some folk Gigli (whatever that is) is a good movie. I know some folk that love Larry The Cable Guy, so probably love his movie. Like I said, its all subjective.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

And back to Oldboy.
    What's the message of the story of you?

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post

I'm saying that yes, to some folk Gigli (whatever that is) is a good movie. I know some folk that love Larry The Cable Guy, so probably love his movie. Like I said, its all subjective.
    Going by this logic everything is subjective. If a world leader is good. Hell, even colour is subjective then. If you raised a child that blue was red and red was blue then to that person blue wouldn't be blue. I know people that love Larry The Cable Guy and hated his movie. Gigli is considered to be about the worst movie of all time. People have thier own likes and dislikes but to say Delta Farce is a good movie because some idiot with an IQ of 85 and loves the smell of his own farts likes it.

There are movies that are just plain, plain bad. It doesn't matter whether people like it or not, it has to do with it's quality. You may as well say normality is subjective. If somene enjoys being fornicated with a carrot while having hot wax poured on them, their face slapped and their feet in ice water is that normal because someone likes it? No, regardless if it's normal to them. Taste is subjective. Quality is not. There is a big difference there. For instance, so many people hated War of the Worlds when quality wise was a fantastic movie but a lot of people didn't like it. Not sure why (probably Tom Cruise). Also, all the people that told me to watch Ghost Rider are not very smart. I know the movie is hella lame so I won't go near it. The studios got my money for Daredevil and Hulk.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I now think Gigli and Larry the Cable Guy are the two greatest movies ever.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I now think Gigli and Larry the Cable Guy are the two greatest movies ever.

See?

Lots of folk who are film critics loved Solaris and thought it was a high quality film. I thought the film's quality stunk more than Pepe Le Pew, so now YOU'RE going to tell me "quality" isn't subjective?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah and Blade Runner is an extremely well put together film from many aspects but it bored the hell out of me. Then again, I missed the first 40 mins of it.

All I'm saying is that quality and taste are completely different. This is the reason why television is 95% pure garbage. What sells or appeals isn't necessarily what is good. Comic book movies are made the way they are because they know they will make their money back almost no problem despite the quality of the movie. Many movies are designed to appeal to a certain demographic and rely on the strength of that demographic for sucess. Studios only care if comic book fans are happy while Marvel would like to introduce more readers.

Seeing Transformers a second time I realized how shitty the movie actually was. The action scenes were pretty wicked but all the dialogue and the acting was positively wretched.

I've got my own movies I like for entertainment alone; many horror movies are like that for me. But if a movie is poorly directed, offers nothing original, horrible acting, bad script no marketability what is the point? You ever go into a video store and see those horrible direct to DVD releases like Shark Attack 4? That alone should tell you it is not worth your time. Like the remake of Halloween; it was a pretty mad movie in most respects.

Country
    Country Flag

I guess you've got it all figured out.
    I'm giving up on movies and TV now since it's all garbage. Thanks for the help.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw Mr. Woodcock yesterday.
    Although formulaic and predictable it still had a few chuckles.
    Billy Bob Thorton is great with his straight faced portrayal of a sadistic P.E. teacher.
    4 Beers based on BBT's acting.

Country
    Country Flag

Billy Bob does look funny in that flick. Who plays the mother? Susan Sarandon? The turn-off for me is Sean Whatshisname Scott...Stifler. That guy bugs the hell out of me.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Billy Bob Thorton needs to look for different roles, the trash talking a-hole 'template' is really starting to wear thin (Bad Santa, Bad News bears, Mr. Woodcock etc.)

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, maybe some nice-guy hero-type roles...like in Apollo 13 maybe?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Now you're talkin'!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Or maybe a motivating coach like in Friday Night Lights.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 267 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast