Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 266 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 6646

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think itnboils down to so many different types of comedies as well as so many different things that people find funny and/or unfunny.

For example, people love Woody Allen and Wes Anderson, I haven't found one single movie of theirs that I would classify as "great" ... But that's just me.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I think itnboils down to so many different types of comedies as well as so many different things that people find funny and/or unfunny.

For example, people love Woody Allen and Wes Anderson, I haven't found one single movie of theirs that I would classify as "great" ... But that's just me.
    I'm with you for the most part. I'm not a Woody Allen fan, and I've Anderson has always been hit or miss with me. Grand Budapest Hotel is the first film of his that I can honestly say I really liked.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any New Englanders ever been to the Warrens' occult museum? Mike? Heather? Field trip?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Comedy is subjective. More than any other genre, comedy is the hardest for people to see eye-to-eye on.
    It really is. There are so many missing on this list that I would find much more funny.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Any New Englanders ever been to the Warrens' occult museum? Mike? Heather? Field trip?
    My friend and her husband were there a few years ago. They're really into that stuff, I'm more skeptical. Anyway, they had a picture they wanted Lorraine Warren to look at. She took it back to her office to "examine" it. Months later she released a book with their picture in it. She never asked for permission or anything. Pretty shady if you ask me.

I will say that the photo is the one thing that has made me come close to believing in this stuff. The photo is a Christmas picture or something. In the photo is an orb. Inside the orb is a picture of a woman. My friend's wife says it's a picture of her Great Grandmother. For the life of me I can't logically explain how that could happen. It's pretty trippy. I will try to get a picture of it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

My friend and her husband were there a few years ago. They're really into that stuff, I'm more skeptical. Anyway, they had a picture they wanted Lorraine Warren to look at. She took it back to her office to "examine" it. Months later she released a book with their picture in it. She never asked for permission or anything. Pretty shady if you ask me.

I will say that the photo is the one thing that has made me come close to believing in this stuff. The photo is a Christmas picture or something. In the photo is an orb. Inside the orb is a picture of a woman. My friend's wife says it's a picture of her Great Grandmother. For the life of me I can't logically explain how that could happen. It's pretty trippy. I will try to get a picture of it.
    Oh, I'd love to see it.

As for the Warrens museum I have not been, but I am dying to go. A few years ago I tried to get tickets to go to one of Lorraine's ghost tours/museum visit. I was online the second they went on sale but they were sold out before they even went up, and I haven't tried since.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm jealous! I believe the Warrens had real supernatural experiences (maybe not ALL of them), but there are some things about them/their family that do seem a little shady. And it sounds like your friend would have a pretty good artist copyright claim against them. Do you know the title of the book? I'd love to see the photo if you wanted to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    A few years ago I tried to get tickets to go to one of Lorraine's ghost tours/museum visit. I was online the second they went on sale but they were sold out before they even went up, and I haven't tried since.
    I've seen them offered but it's always after they're sold out. It sounds like fun but by the way they advertise it, it makes it seem like a PowerPoint presentation with a couple of their artifacts on display. I went to their website a couple days ago and it looks like they're having to find a new location for the museum due to zoning restrictions.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh really. That's odd, hasn't it been there for a long time. I wonder where they'll move it. I think John Zaffis was looking into making a museum of artifacts somewhere in the area too. I wonder if they'll just combine them.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is why IT will do so well where the Dark Tower failed so bad. It is the reason Game of Thrones is a massive hit and many other film and TV shows based on books. It is simple... in today's society the old saying "WORD OF MOUTH" is how everything is sold in large numbers. We all will go see a movie, buy a trinket or hire a service based on the positive reviews from our friends and families. The marketing a IT is so big because any King fan feels good about it, thus they are excited about it. Sharing on social media, telling everyone they know. THEY are the gate way.. the fans of the book. The Dark Tower didn't give a shit about the fans, thus they alienated them from doing the marketing for them. I looked back and shared one DT trailer... I lost count at over 25 IT related posts. Yes the movie or show has to be good... but follow the book best you can, make the fan base YOU ALREADY have support it. The rest is easy... just sit back collect your $$$.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Here is why IT will do so well where the Dark Tower failed so bad. It is the reason Game of Thrones is a massive hit and many other film and TV shows based on books. It is simple... in today's society the old saying "WORD OF MOUTH" is how everything is sold in large numbers. We all will go see a movie, buy a trinket or hire a service based on the positive reviews from our friends and families. The marketing a IT is so big because any King fan feels good about it, thus they are excited about it. Sharing on social media, telling everyone they know. THEY are the gate way.. the fans of the book. The Dark Tower didn't give a shit about the fans, thus they alienated them from doing the marketing for them. I looked back and shared one DT trailer... I lost count at over 25 IT related posts. Yes the movie or show has to be good... but follow the book best you can, make the fan base YOU ALREADY have support it. The rest is easy... just sit back collect your $$$.
    IT already has a built in fan base of all the people that liked the original miniseries and have still never read the book. Plus the fact that it's only one single book makes it easier to make the adaption follow the book pretty closely.

The DT series was always going to be a tough sell to the general public. I think everyone knew that from the start. There was no way they were going to be able to follow the books closely and still get enough people interested to make enough money to continue making the sequels.

IT is popular because there are a lot of non-SK fans that like horror movies. But there aren't a lot of non-SK fans that also like whatever genre you want to put the DT into.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    IT already has a built in fan base of all the people that liked the original miniseries and have still never read the book. Plus the fact that it's only one single book makes it easier to make the adaption follow the book pretty closely.

The DT series was always going to be a tough sell to the general public. I think everyone knew that from the start. There was no way they were going to be able to follow the books closely and still get enough people interested to make enough money to continue making the sequels.
    It did... but Game of Thrones didn't. Look at it now... so I agree with what you said however I feel my thoughts on this make total sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Oh really. That's odd, hasn't it been there for a long time. I wonder where they'll move it.
    It was in their basement, right? I don't know how they have to move what's on their property, unless it's a matter of having excess visitors and tour groups on it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

It did... but Game of Thrones didn't. Look at it now... so I agree with what you said however I feel my thoughts on this make total sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with you about the power of word of mouth, but Iwritecode is on the money. The Dark Tower was a difficult sell to mainstream audiences. The subject matter just isn't easy to explain or convey in a trailer. As for IT, clowns are ingrained in our culture. Even people who have never read the book or seen the mini series are familiar with Pennywise from IT. Also, mainstream audiences naturally gravitate towards the horror genre.

As for Game of Thrones, sure word of mouth has worked wonders, but that's another show that wasn't a very hard sell to audiences. The first season especially has themes of family. There's tons of intrigue and backstabbing. I feel like kings and queens are literally a part of our history as humans. Game of Thrones was destined to appeal to a wide audience.

For the record, word of mouth is certainly a thing. Especially with social media. Breaking Bad was one of the first shows I got to watch grow through word of mouth. I personally told everyone I talked to about that show after I watched the pilot. The audience grew and grew and grew each year.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so I was a little foggy on the details. It's been a while since I heard the story. Firstly, the picture was taken in a cemetery, which makes it even more creepy. Also, Lorraine didn't use the picture with the face in it, she used the second picture I posted. Lastly, she didn't include it in a book, it appeared on an episode of a TV show. Sorry for the confusion. Anyway, the face in the photo is crazy. Also, I took these pictures with my cell phone and the pictures were in a glass frame, so there are some weird shadows.

The second photo, on the left, an image of the Virgin Mary can be seen.

Country
    Country Flag

Creepy! Where was the first photo taken? The woman's face definitely looks like a pre-existing photo instead of an "apparition" of some kind, so that's interesting. Just wondering if it could've been a reflection or something?

Also, do we have a ghost/paranormal experience thread here somewhere?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Creepy! Where was the first photo taken? The woman's face definitely looks like a pre-existing photo instead of an "apparition" of some kind, so that's interesting. Just wondering if it could've been a reflection or something?

Also, do we have a ghost/paranormal experience thread here somewhere?
    Both photos were taken at a local cemetery known for being haunted. They were taken with just a normal point-and-shoot camera. I'm a very skeptical person, so I grilled him afterward and he swears the image was not doctored in any way. He also said there was no possibility of double exposure or anything like that. His wife said the image of her grandmother is the same as a portrait that hung in her mother's house. The only difference is that it's flipped horizontally.

Hmmm, interesting. And Ricky, I think we do. I'll try to look for it.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

R.I.P. Harry Dean Stanton

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've somehow been able to keep my expectations in check for Blade Runner 2049, which is kind of amazing considering how much I love Denis Villeneuve. Not to mention the fact that Roger Deakins is the cinematographer.

That being said, the early reports borderline on ridiculous. They're almost too good to be true.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...waited-sequel/

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

which is why i don't read those, i don't give a shit about rotten tomatoes either, why? simple i prefer IMDB and the answer to that is i pay more attention to someone like say Christopher Lee's Filmography than reading what people think of all of his films. i love yes love Maxium Overdrive it's a great popcorn flix that i have loved as a kid. and while Stephen King isn't no hitchcock as a director he did pretty good not great for a guy who was coked out his mind when he made it.

i would like to see him director one more film even if it's just made for tv just to see if he's a good director now that he's clean. honestly i'd rather watch any movie he directs than fucking Paul Greengrass or however ya spell his last name. a guy who who loves to use shaky cam and the older he gets the more he uses it. and i saw the last one in the theatre last year with my folks i got a headache and so did my mom from watching the damn thing. the film wasn't bad it was just really poorly directed. at least with King i don't have that issue, my point is that has a really low rating on Rotten Tomatoes when there are far far worse films out there than that.

the (2004) remake of Salam's Lot for one thing. sorry for my shit spelling,. that thing was fucking awful and i know King wasn't a great director he was fair at it

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've somehow been able to keep my expectations in check for Blade Runner 2049, which is kind of amazing considering how much I love Denis Villeneuve. Not to mention the fact that Roger Deakins is the cinematographer.

That being said, the early reports borderline on ridiculous. They're almost too good to be true.

I know, Mike. Definitely very, very promising. I'm really happy they picked exactly the right director for it.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

they played the trailer before IT when i went on Friday and it does look promising actually but i really do hope it turns out good

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Looking at the link, I'm more excited that they are making a sequel to Wreck-It-Ralph.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post

I know, Mike. Definitely very, very promising. I'm really happy they picked exactly the right director for it.
    This is one of those rare cases where the stars align and all the right creative pieces are firmly in place. Villaneuve is now the premiere science fiction story teller, Deakins is a visual mastermind, and Gosling has been demonstrating for many years now that he has what it takes to carry a film.

My only point of skepticism comes from Harrison Mumbles Ford who I feel is just a mercenary taking paychecks from anyone these days. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he adds much to the film beyond a cameo tying the two timelines together.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 266 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 ... LastLast