Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 267 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Ponyo (崖の上のポニョ) finally made it to Puerto Rico!
    Miyazaki never fails to amaze me, and while this isn't my favorite Miyazaki film, I enjoyed it very much.

I'm even thinking of dressing up as Ponyo for Halloween (if I dress up at all).

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by idk, my bff jill? View Post
    Miyazaki never fails to amaze me, and while this isn't my favorite Miyazaki film, I enjoyed it very much.

I loved Ponyo. It wasn't my favorite Miyazaki film either, but it was still a really sweet story. And you should totally go as Ponyo. Don't forget to take pics though!

As for the movie seats discussion, the last time I went to see a film with this guy, I let him lead the way. Well for some reason this theater was rather strange, it wasn't stadium seating, and the seats actually dipped down slightly in the middle of the theater. Well he picked those particular seats, and it felt like we were practically laying down watching the film. Definitely wouldn't have been my first choice of seats.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by idk, my bff jill? View Post

I loved Ponyo. It wasn't my favorite Miyazaki film either, but it was still a really sweet story. And you should totally go as Ponyo. Don't forget to take pics though!

As for the movie seats discussion, the last time I went to see a film with this guy, I let him lead the way. Well for some reason this theater was rather strange, it wasn't stadium seating, and the seats actually dipped down slightly in the middle of the theater. Well he picked those particular seats, and it felt like we were practically laying down watching the film. Definitely wouldn't have been my first choice of seats.
    If I went out with a girl and she wanted to sit in the very first row, there would be no second date.

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I like the first row, but the proper and decent thing to do in that situation is to leave her sitting there and take and drink, popcorn, or candy back from her as you go sit where you want.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

huh?
    Spoiler:

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, really I think you should be able to get the money back for her ticket (if you bought it) and have her thrown out too.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Zombieland over the weekend - I loved it. The film worked great on so many levels, as a comedy, zombie-horror film, buddy movie, very entertaining.

Oh, and
    Spoiler:

That Bill Murray cameo was probably the best cameo EVER

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I saw Zombieland over the weekend - I loved it. The film worked great on so many levels, as a comedy, zombie-horror film, buddy movie, very entertaining.

Oh, and
    Spoiler:

Yes it was. That was my favorite part.
    Sadly, I think I'm with Hannah on this one. It had some funny moments but overall I was a bit disappointed with it. I think I was just expecting something alot funnier.

And on another note, I just heard that Paranormal Activity is getting a nationwide release next week. I can't wait to see this one!

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and
    Spoiler:

Now I REALLY want to watch it!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Did I tell you I watched Persepolis the other week? I loved it, cheers for the recommendation Powlah

Country
    Country Flag

Yay!
    I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*Adds Persepolis to his To-Watch list.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you'd dig it Feev!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    "I fuckin' shot BIll Murray."

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Let the Right One In - Give it a look.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

This morning I watched Even Horizon...god I forgot how epic that movie wat ♥

and I just finished The Life of Brian, another good film with old humor that kept me laughing my ass off, unlike most modern comedies.
    Life of Brian, Singin' in the Rain...I'm sensing a pattern here.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Oh razz.

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Excellent film. Easily one of my favorites that I've seen this year.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    This morning I watched Even Horizon...god I forgot how epic that movie wat ♥
    I f'n love Event Horizon , it's the only movie that has successfully managed to scare the crap out of me.

I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard its excellent. Theres talks about a possible American remake (blech), but I think I'll stick with the original.

I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard its excellent. Theres talks about a possible American remake (blech), but I think I'll stick with the original.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that too. I'm hoping they'll leave it alone. It drives me crazy how they have to remake every good foreign film that comes along. Can't we just watch the original.
    You should check it out, I really think you'd like it.

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Random recommendation (triggered by an article on "The Brothers Bloom"): Rian Johnson's first movie "Brick" is really worth checking out. It's a stylized film noir in a modern high school setting. I didn't like it at first, then it grew on me, and I haven't seen anything quite like it since.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought Brick was really interesting. I enjoyed it way more than I thought I was going to.

Since you guys are talking about foreign films, I thought I would mention Tell No One.

I think I mentioned it a while back, but it's so good I thought I would mention it again.

It's based on Harlan Corben's book and it's probably one of the better thriller's I have seen in a long time.

My Mood
    Worried

Alas, IMDB already lists the American remake of Let the Right One In.

I agree on Event Horizon. Plus it has added Sam Neill goodness.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    Random recommendation (triggered by an article on "The Brothers Bloom"): Rian Johnson's first movie "Brick" is really worth checking out. It's a stylized film noir in a modern high school setting. I didn't like it at first, then it grew on me, and I haven't seen anything quite like it since.
    I effin love Brick. i haven't seen the brothers bloom yet, but we got it in from netflix today, so imma take care of that soon.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Since you guys are talking about foreign films, I thought I would mention Tell No One.

I think I mentioned it a while back, but it's so good I thought I would mention it again.

It's based on Harlan Corben's book and it's probably one of the better thriller's I have seen in a long time.
    Never heard of it before, but it looks good. I'll definitely check it out sometime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 267 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 ... LastLast