Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 267 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

I still need to see Pineapple Express. I've been a fan of Seth Rogen and James Franco ever since they were on Freaks and Geeks.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Out of curiosity, have you seen Swept Away. I've really had no desire to see it, especially considering all the bad reviews. But I'm curious if maybe there's more to it than what the critics have to say about it.
    Nope, I skipped it. Admittedly there is a curiosity there bc it's Ritchie, but it doesn't really appeal to me. I suppose the completist in me will get around to it at some point, but I'm not exactly hurrying.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i loved ray liotta in revolver..he was a laugh

and i completely forgot seth rogan and james franco were on freaks and geeks
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Liotta was great in Revolver. I was also impressed that Statham did some real acting in it. I liked him in Lock, Stock and Snatch, but he wasn't exactly doing anything all that challenging in it. Revolver was a much more intense performance on his part.

And Freaks and Geeks was one of the most well-written and best performed shows ever. It's cancellation was downright criminal.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Out of curiosity, have you seen Swept Away. I've really had no desire to see it, especially considering all the bad reviews. But I'm curious if maybe there's more to it than what the critics have to say about it.
    Nope, I skipped it. Admittedly there is a curiosity there bc it's Ritchie, but it doesn't really appeal to me. I suppose the completist in me will get around to it at some point, but I'm not exactly hurrying.
    See that's the exact same feeling I have. If I ever do get around to seeing it I'll let you know if it's worth it.

I do have one other question about Revolver, about the animation sequence. I've never seen Ritchie use animation in a film, and when I saw it, I was immediately reminded of Kill Bill.
    While in the context of Kill Bill, I thought his choice to do O-Ren's back story as anime instead of live action worked really well. However, in Revolver, it just seemed kinda out of place. I didn't really understand why he chose to show that particular scene in an animation format. Was it just to show that he could toss something like into his film, or did he do it for a particular purpose? I don't know it just kinda felt to me like he was copying Tarantino with this.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

I read a lot of interviews with Guy about Revolver but not one interviewer asked about the animation sequence so I can only speculate, but my reading is that he did it to add to the unreality of Jake's whole situation. Then again, he could have just done it because he thought it was cool. I agree that it didn't really play as well as O-Ren's backstory segment of Kill Bill, but the animation itself was pretty cool.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I read a lot of interviews with Guy about Revolver but not one interviewer asked about the animation sequence so I can only speculate, but my reading is that he did it to add to the unreality of Jake's whole situation.
    Thanks, that makes sense. I hadn't really thought of that.

Also just to let you know in case you haven't heard, RocknRolla is coming to dvd at the end of the month.

Yeah, I read that the other day. I'm looking forward to seeing that as well. It's supposedly more like Lock, Stock and Snatch stylistically so I suspect I will like it.

I was just reading on netflix as well, that's it's going to be a part of a trilogy? I hadn't heard that before, but it does look interesting.

I think I remember reading that trilogy bit as well somewhere too. As long as it means more movies from Guy I'm all for it.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

*Edit*
    Last edited by fernandito; 01-12-2009 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Removed the image because of page stretching.

That's a pretty cool Terminator poster.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A local theater was playing Rocknrolla. I was really looking forward to seeing it, but it just never happened for one reason or another. I also want to see Revolver.

I've been waiting for it to come On Demand, but so far it's been a no show.

Pineapple Express was one of the better films I saw this summer. I saw it twice actually. I wasn't stoned, so it's good either way.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Alternate Ending to The Empire Strikes Back

Spoiler:
    A furious light sabre duel is under way. DARTH VADER is backing LUKE SKYWALKER toward the end of the gantry. A quick move by Vader chops off Luke's hand! It goes spinning off into the ventilation shaft. Luke backs away. He looks around, but realizes there's nowhere to go but straight down.
    Darth Vader: "Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father."
    Luke: "He told me enough! He told me you killed him!"
    Darth Vader: "No! I am your father!"
    Luke: "No, it's not true! It's impossible."
    Darth Vader: "Search your feelings; you know it to be true."
    Luke: "NO!"
    Darth Vader: "Yes, it is true and you know what else? You know that brass droid of yours?"
    Luke: "Threepio?"
    Darth Vader: "Yes, Threepio, I built him when I was seven years old."
    Luke: "No."
    Darth Vader: "Seven years old? And what have you done? Look at yourself, no hand, no job, and couldn't even levitate your own ship out of the swamp."
    Luke: "I destroyed your precious Death Star!"
    Darth Vader: "When you were 20! When I was 10, I single-handedly destroyed a Trade Federation Droid Control ship!"
    Luke: "Well, it's not my fault."
    Darth Vader: "Oh, here we go. 'Poor me, my father never gave me what I wanted for my birthday, boo hoo, my daddy's the Dark Lord of the Sith .. waahhh wahhh!'"
    Luke: "Shut up."
    Darth Vader: "You're a slacker! By the time I was your age, I had exterminated the Jedi knights!"
    Luke: "I used to race my T-16 through Beggar's Canyon!"
    Darth Vader: "Oh, for the love of the Emperor, 10 years old, winner of the Boonta Eve Open. Only human to ever fly a Pod Racer, right here baby!
    Luke looks down the shaft. Takes a step toward it.
    Darth Vader: "I was wrong. You're not my kid. I don't know whose you are, but you sure ain't mine."
    Luke takes a step off the platform, hesitates, then plunges down the shaft.
    Darth Vader looks after him.
    Darth Vader: "And get a haircut!"

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Gona try to watch pineapple express tonight.
    I loved this movie. Post in here after you watch it...I'd like to know if you like it.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Gona try to watch pineapple express tonight.
    I loved this movie. Post in here after you watch it...I'd like to know if you like it.
    It was hilarious! I think I got a "man crush" on James Franco. and if he was acting stoned, brilliant work! I liked it a lot!

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I know! (Like you said: whether he was acting or not) He played an awesome stoner...Perfect I thought.

And sadly...I never thought much of him until that movie, but now I have a crush on him too.
    Leave it to me to not notice an actor until he plays a grungy pothead.

Did you watch Freaks & Geeks Amanda? I thought Franco was excellent in that.

I watched some of it, but it's been a while. (It's one of those where I know I enjoyed it, but can't rememmber it real well. )
    I really wish that they would air it on tv again.

I wonder how many networks would syndicate a show that only had one season.
    Still, it's got enough of a cult following and several actors that are recognizable now to people who may not have seen it that people would watch it if a network aired one run of the entire series for a couple of weeks or over a weekend or something. We have the dvds, and they get watched a lot.

You're right about the actors being pretty well known now and people watching the show.
    And hell, look at Cartoon Network. They air a ton of shows that only had a season or less. It confused me a while back when they picked up the Clerks cartoon. What the hell?
    They will only be able to air it for a few weeks.

I loved Freaks & Geeks. It's always the good shows that get canceled after a season or two.

Amanda if you like James Franco, check out the film James Dean. It's one of his best performances. He literally is James Dean in that film.

Yeah, I've heard that's a good one. I'll have to check it out.

I loved Freaks & Geeks. It's always the good shows that get canceled after a season or two.

Amanda if you like James Franco, check out the film James Dean. It's one of his best performances. He literally is James Dean in that film.
    Franco was amazing in James Dean. I'm a big Dean fan and Franco was just the perfect casting for that movie without a doubt.

I love Freaks and Geeks. I bought the Yearbook edition DVD which has all these discs of extra content on it, so much great stuff. That entire cast was great in it. Really wish that show last longer than one season.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I know! (Like you said: whether he was acting or not) He played an awesome stoner...Perfect I thought.

And sadly...I never thought much of him until that movie, but now I have a crush on him too.
    Leave it to me to not notice an actor until he plays a grungy pothead.
    heh
    Spoiler:
    Dale Denton: In case you haven't noticed - which you haven't, 'cause from what I can tell, you don't notice anything ever - we are not very functional when we're high.
    Saul: Well, I don't know, man. I think I'm functioning right now. I was, like, stoned when I saved you with those slushies. What do you gotta say to that?
    Dale Denton: Well, that would be true if you had saved me. But you didn't save me. She was gonna help us, but you made things worse. Now we're wanted for all sorts of crazy shit!
    Saul: Don't fucking get on my case, all right? Look, only reason I started selling pot is so I could put my bubbeh in a nice retirement home.
    Dale Denton: [sarcastically] Oh, yeah, she must be proud of you for that.
    Saul: She is really proud of me, and I'm gonna become something, man! As soon as she dies, I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?

and

Saul: Just sit back and get ready to enjoy some of the rarest weed known to mankind.
    [he lights a joint and inhales]
    Dale Denton: It's really that rare?
    Saul: [exhales] It's, like, the rarest.
    [he examines the joint]
    Saul: It's almost a shame to smoke it. It's like killing a unicorn... with, like, a bomb.

Ya, good fun movie! had lots of laughs.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 267 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast