Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 267 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 241 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I'm inviting you guys to bring the Shutter Island discussion over to the Martin Scorsese thread, that way we can have it all in one thread

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I did not dislike THE DEPARTED because it was "popular". I saw it within two days of it's opening, well before it was nominated for best picture. I just didn't care for it.
    And yes, I thought DAYBREAKERS was very well done and interesting for a vampire picture. There were no herky jerky camera movements, the plot made sense (well, within it's own internal logic anyway), and I enjoyed it. And I said it was one of my favorite movies "so far". The year still has over 10 months to go, remember.
    I loved NINJA ASSASSIN too, by the way.
    I wasn't talking about you specifically. I know a lot of people who saw the film and loved it when it first came out. Then when Oscar season rolled around the same people started telling me that it was overrated.

I remember reminding them that just a few months ago they were raving about it. Some people are just like that. My sister really liked Titanic when it first came out. Now she thinks it's a pile of poo.

That bothers me.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i am going to watch Avatar on Saturday - yeah

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anybody seen Nothing But the Truth?

I thought this was a nice little find. Kate Beckinsale plays a journalist who outs Vera Farmiga as a CIA operative. Beckinsale's unwillingness to give up the identity of the person who informed her that Farmiga was a CIA agent, sends her life spinning out of control.

Beckinsale does a nice job here as somebody who will go to impossible lengths in order stand up for something she believes in. Even if that means going to prison and losing her family.

Matt Dillon turns in a nice performance as a government appointed prosecutor who will stop at nothing to find out the truth.

It just bugs me that films like this only get limited releases. I know I've ranted about that before, but I really hate it. It proves that if you look hard enough, you can find some really good films.

It reminds me of a conversation I had with my cousin the other day. He said Hollywood doesn't make good movies anymore. I told him that couldn't be more false. The good films are out there, they just might not be at your local movie theater.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

just watched avatar.

wow

i dont think my cinema was big enough for it - but it was still a triple wow

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I just watch Zombieland. I thought it was pretty fraken hilarious!

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah...it was entertaining for sure.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Been waiting for that one. I like Woody.

Ahem. Allow me.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

shutter island was the shit. great acting
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Been waiting for that one. I like Woody.

Ahem. Allow me.
    I think for Zombie movies, it's actually one of the best. I mean it is more of a comedy, but I think you can run out of zombie ideas. Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead or probably 2 of the best zombie movies just for the difference in perspective. I know this isn't a comedy, but I'm really anticipating World War Z. I like the book and can't wait for the movie. Also, the Zombie Diaries - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombie_Diaries - i thought was really good and shows even more evil shit than the zombies.

Your spoiler made me laugh.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I might see Shutter Island, but i'll most likely wait for it to come out on dvd. Doesn't really grab me, and I don't really have the money to spend on films unless they grab me.

Or unless the folks pay for my ticket, of course.

Oh, and on the whole Departed discussion: love it, but the original Infernal Affairs trilogy is so much better. Deep, philosophical, and cool as hell (pun not intended until written down), you should really see all 3 if you liked the Departed. Actually, you should really see all 3 if you like cool films period.

Watched "He was a quiet man" today, and I thought of a bad joke that could pretty much sum up all Christian Slater movies.

Q: What do you call a film that stars Christian Slater and has a happy ending?

Spoiler:
    A: An oxymoron.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ruthless Role for Jolie?
    Star in talks to collaborate with Darren Aronofsky for period piece.
    by Chris Tilly, IGN UK

UK, March 1, 2010 - Angelina Jolie is in talks with Darren Aronofsky to shoot a film version of Serena: A Novel, Ron Rash's novel about the construction of a timber empire in North Carolina in the late 1920s.

Jolie would play the title character, who encourages her husband to commit more and more ruthless acts as the couple rise to power. When Serena then learns she cannot have a child, she sets out to murder the son her husband fathered illegitimately.

Chris Kyle (The Weight of Water, K-19: The Widowmaker) has written the script, although according to The Hollywood Reporter, it still needs work.

Nick Wechsler, who previously oversaw The Road and Revolutionary Road, is producing, with the search now on for financing.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Ruthless Role for Jolie?
    Star in talks to collaborate with Darren Aronofsky for period piece.
    by Chris Tilly, IGN UK

UK, March 1, 2010 - Angelina Jolie is in talks with Darren Aronofsky to shoot a film version of Serena: A Novel, Ron Rash's novel about the construction of a timber empire in North Carolina in the late 1920s.

Jolie would play the title character, who encourages her husband to commit more and more ruthless acts as the couple rise to power. When Serena then learns she cannot have a child, she sets out to murder the son her husband fathered illegitimately.

Chris Kyle (The Weight of Water, K-19: The Widowmaker) has written the script, although according to The Hollywood Reporter, it still needs work.

Nick Wechsler, who previously oversaw The Road and Revolutionary Road, is producing, with the search now on for financing.
    I love everything about this... except the timeframe of the film... ( 1920's ). Though Jolie was awesome in Changeling - it seemed very much to me like they OVER did her "20's Look" and I see that happening again.

I can't wait for SALT to be released this summer.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Shutter Island. I really enjoyed the film, despite the fact that I called the twist months ago.

I'm not bragging or trying to come off as intelligent, it's just that I saw the trailer so many times, it was inevitable. I still remember turning to my sister during the trailer one time and whispering to her what I thought the twist will be. I think the trailer might have given too much away.

Anyway, I don't want to talk about the film. I want to talk about Mark Ruffalo.

Mark Ruffalo has been one of my favorite actors for a while now. He never seems to get a whole lot of attention. This is mainly because he's a character actor who is mainly used as a sidekick.

I love giving props to guys like this because they never seem to get recognized anywhere else.

Mark Ruffalo was great in Shutter Island as well as Zodiac, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and 13 Going on 30. I also really enjoyed him in Reservation Road.

I look forward to his work in the future.

Country
    Country Flag

Been reading about a new Bruce Willis movie coming out called "Red". It is gonna have Morgan Freeman, John C. Reilly, Richard Dreyfuss, Julian McMahon, and others. Looks pretty good, though the plot has been done before
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just finished watching "Up" and what a great happy film it is, really cheered me up! The bonus Pixar shorts are great too

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love love LOVE UP. One of my all time favorite animated films, definitely top 3.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I hope Bruce Willis's new film is better then COP OUT, though how it could be worse I don't know (oops, guess it could be worse, forgot about 16 BLOCKS). I liked SURROGATES though.

I liked UP, but I liked 9 and THE FANTASTIC MR. FOX a lot more. I wish they had been nominated for best picture instead (especially 9!)

Today I saw ALICE IN WONDERLAND in 3D. Here is my in-depth analysis of the movie:
    Not bad, but not great, nice 3D, but I've seen better.

I agree about Jolie and CHANGELING, loved it.

I liked THE CRAZIES too. Same old plot, but done quite well, I thought.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just watched Alice In Wonderland lastnight and I have to say it's one of the worst films I've seen in a long time. Just because you use 3D, it doesn't mean you are excused from making the plot and pacing work well. Very poor job on Tim Burton's part. I also have to admit that I didn't like Johnny's acting in this one very much at all.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Country
    Country Flag

COP OUT was bound to suck, seeing as tracy morgan is a piss-poor actor. but i liked 16 blocks

and UP is the shit
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Getting ready to duck here, but honestly, I think Tim Burton is a very over-rated director.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I like some of Burton's movies (the 2 Batmans, BIG FISH, ED WOOD and a couple others)
    I did find Sweeney Todd almost revolting, though I liked some of the cinematography.

I forget who played the guy Willis was trying to protect in 16 BLOCKS, but I was extremely annoyed by his character portrayal.

Today I saw BROOKLYN'S FINEST. A syndicated critic named Roger Moore gave it 1 star in the local paper. But I thought it deserved 3 out of 4 stars. I liked it a lot. Not as good as TRAINING DAY, but still a very hard hitting movie.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I saw Alice in Wonderland today. I enjoyed it, but at the same time thought it was missing something. It had the potential to be so much better. Maybe my expectations were too high. I had been waiting for this film to come out for over a year, that I guess I was bound to be a little disappointed.
    That said, I thought Mia Wasikowska was wonderful as Alice. The visuals were excellent, and it definitely had that Burton feel to it. I loved the dark Underland and thought all the creatures were great. The one thing I'm not certain on was Anne Hathaway's performance. It was just so over the top, but I understand that was the point of it.
    So all in all I'd probably give the film a 3 out of 5 stars.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Getting ready to duck here, but honestly, I think Tim Burton is a very over-rated director.
    Well, if i'm really being honest pam, i haven't watched enough Burton films to comment, but I do like the particular style he takes with his work, especially with the first two Batman movies. Alice in Wonderland was alright, but not quite what I expected it to be.

Having said all that, despite not exactly being a fan of the man himself, when I heard that the new Doctor Who series is gonna be Burton-esque...I almost weeped with joy. Because, I'll be honest with ya, as a fan of the show for over 13 years, imagining THAT kinda style applied to the greatest family show ever...it's just too brill to comprehend.

It's like i'm not a fan of Hammer Horror movies, and yet the period of Doctor Who history that liberally stole from those films on a regular basis is arguably the best era of the entire show.

But I digress. On the Alice in Wonderland film...well, i've seen better CGI extravagansa family films, but you should've seen my grandad's reaction when he watched it, it was like he was a little kid again! Worth the ticket price alone!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

tim burton can be very hit and miss, some of his films have been my all times favourites but some of them have been really 'meh'

i have read some real bad reviews about Alice, but i will probabley will go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 267 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 241 ... LastLast