Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 267 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 6655

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm hoping that they have more movies in mind because I don't think the King Piccolo saga is the best saga. Where is the Namek, Freeza saga?!
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

That should be the final movie:

1st movie: King Piccolo
    2nd movie: Vegeta/Nappa
    3rd movie: Frieza saga

Also, I really hope Krillin is in this. Though I like the hooded King Piccolo, he kind of looks like a taller version of Garlic Junior.

Country
    Country Flag

Vegeta/Nappa? I always catagorized that as the beginning of the Frieza saga

He did look like a larger Garlic Junior though, didn't look very green to me
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    Vegeta/Nappa? I always catagorized that as the beginning of the Frieza saga

He did look like a larger Garlic Junior though, didn't look very green to me
    I always figured Frieza saga didn't begin until Namek was actually mentioned, after Vegeta escaped Earth. In any case, that's how I'd cap off a trilogy: Goku going Super Saiyan and ending with the possibility that he's still out there. It concludes the trilogy and leaves the way open for the Android saga (Now this one I merge with the Trunks saga).

Country
    Country Flag

I'd do the Garlic Junior saga after the Frieza saga if they decided to leave it open like that
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

does Piccolo mean Garlic or something? i didn't think he looked very green either.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally got around to seeing True Romance. Phenomenal. I think even if you didn't know beforehand that QT was involved with the flick, you would have guessed it by end of the movie.

Oh and, Patricia Arquette is FINE in that movie.

I also got Walk The Line on DVD yesterday.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I finally got around to seeing True Romance.

"Finally" is right!
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I finally got around to seeing True Romance. Phenomenal. I think even if you didn't know beforehand that QT was involved with the flick, you would have guessed it by end of the movie.
    Ironic, seeing as how the ending was the part that hack Tony Scott changed from QT's version, but I know what you mean.

Spoiler:
    In QT's script, Clarence dies in the shoot-out.

Damn right!

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I also got Walk The Line on DVD yesterday.
    Nice NIce, and isn't Gary Oldman the Rasta drug dealing pimp?

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Nice NIce, and isn't Gary Oldman the Rasta drug dealing pimp?
    Yes, he's Drexel.

"What the hell is a Drexel?" - Clarence

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*Drexl

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

OMGDrexl.

I Gary Oldman, in everything he does. Even if he's playing a complete bastard.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watched Belleville Rendevouz...completely bizarre and brilliant at the same time

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen Platoon about 50 times, and I still get misty eyed when

Spoiler:
    Tom Berenger's character kills Elias (Willem Defoe)

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man yeah!! I watched that with Rob the other night and I swear he had a little tear in his eye...

...although that could have been me, elbowing him everytime he started quoting people's lines before they'd said them

Gunslinger Apprentice MrQuint is on a distinguished road MrQuint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    OMGDrexl.

I'll never forget when Oldman shrieked "Everyone!" in The Professional (title now changed to Leon or some shit ... WTF?).
    Me and my friend LOL'd in the theater at that one .... and we still randomly yell EVERYONE to each other to this day.

Gunslinger Apprentice MrQuint is on a distinguished road MrQuint's Avatar

OMGDrexl.

I'll never ever forget when Oldman shrieked "Everyone!" in The Professional (title now changed to Leon or some shit ... WTF?).

Me and my friend LOL'd in the theater at that one .... and we randomly scream it to each other to this day.

Edited to say - found the clip on YOUTUBE ... LMAO

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk[/ame]

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuint View Post
    OMGDrexl.

I'll never forget when Oldman shrieked "Everyone!" in The Professional (title now changed to Leon or some shit ... WTF?).
    Me and my friend LOL'd in the theater at that one .... and we still randomly yell EVERYONE to each other to this day.

Ya, the Professional! that was good!

I think Oldman is good in comedic roles too! The Fifth Element wasn't really the best movie, but Oldman's part was hilarious!

I know there's gona be some disagreement here, but I'm actually not sure if I liked him in the Harry Potter movies. He was good in prisoner of azkaban, but not sure if I like him in Order of the Pheonix. I'm actually kind of suprised he orginally wasn't cast for Voldimort.

Romeo is Bleeding, that was a good movie starring Oldman

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

My Mood
    Dead

Default Rumors: Dr. Strange?

Quote Originally Posted by IGN.com
    February 8, 2008 - The buzz about Guillermo del Toro right now may be all about whether or not he's directing The Hobbit (and its follow-up), but the filmmaker is also reportedly looking to give a certain Marvel Comics character the big screen treatment.

According to EmpireOnline.com, del Toro wants to bring Marvel's sorcerer supreme, Doctor Strange, to cinematic life. Del Toro's no stranger to Marvel movies, having previously helmed Blade II, which was scripted by David Goyer. Goyer, ironically, once penned a screenplay for a Doctor Strange movie, but that's not who del Toro has in mind to script his dream version.

"I talked with Neil Gaiman [about writing it]," del Toro told EmpireOnline. "I said, that's an interesting character because you can definitely make him more in the pulpy occult detective/magician mold and formula than was done in the Weird Tales, for example."

The filmmaker continued, "The idea of a character that really dabbles in the occult in a way that's not X-Filey, where the supernatural is taken for granted. That's interesting."

Del Toro warned fans, though, "I wouldn't use the suit!"

How incredibly bad-ass would this be? I'm not incredibly familiar with Dr. Strange, but the idea of Gaiman and Del Toro tackling anything together makes me want to swoon.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a lethal combination for sure!

I don't think it would happen anytime soon though - Del Toro is really busy with The Hobbit movies, and Rodriguez wants to complete his Sin City trilogy.

My Mood
    Dead

But... but... but...

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Pride & Glory. This is one of my favorite movies of the year. I thought Farrell and Norton were great. It's one of the better cop dramas I've seen in a long time. It's way better than films like Suicide Kings and We Own the Night.

I'm surprised the film is not getting better reviews.

I also saw Quarantine. Not great but still pretty good. I'm a sucker for survival horror films. I've never seen the orginal, so I can't say if it's better or worse. I thought it was a little slow to start and I wasn't thrilled with the ending. A good rental probably.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

how was Saw 5?

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not saying I don't think it will happen, I'm just saying I don't think it will happen anytime soon. :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 267 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast