Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
Oh no! Don't say that Ricky! I saw it was put up on Netflix but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I loved the book so much, and have been anxiously awaiting the movie. It was supposed to come out in theaters, but then it was never released. The first time I saw the trailer for A Quite Place I thought it was a trailer for The Silence. I feel like it's inevitable that it's going to be compared to A Quiet Place, and people will think it's a ripoff which is a bummer. I'll report back once I watch it.
Yeah, I mean, it wasn't terrible, but I would go in with lowered expectations.

But the book was good? It has a lot of good reviews on Amazon, so maybe I'll check it out one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
I haven't seen it yet, but I haven't heard good things. I know a lot of people have been getting on A Quiet Place saying that it plagerized The Silence. Regardless, A Quiet Place is the superior film it looks like.
I actually just read a review where the reviewer said that the book of The Silence inspired John Krasinski to make A Quiet Place. I can't confirm whether or not that's true, but there's just so many similarities that it makes you wonder.