Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 267 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Excelente! I've read nothing but good things about Sunshine, and it seems that you can't go wrong with anything Danny Boyle does.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Is Sunshine out on DVD yet?
    Yes it is. I just rented it the other day. It was very good, I think you'll like it.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm so glad this is here, you can't imagine how much relevant information I get from this site.

<--is very excited to watch it
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally watched the film Lucky Number Slevin the other night.

It's the kind of film I almost saw in theaters and then almost rented until I finally just decided to wait until I could watch it for free On Demand.

I guess I was just put off by some of the reviews it was getting at the time.

I must say, I rather enjoyed it. The plot is a little complex and some of the dialogue (especially between Hartnett and Lui) seems too rehearsed and unnatural.

But the rest of the film is well done. Hartnett gives a good performance (shocking to some I'm sure) and so does Bruce Willis. Freeman and Kingsley seemed out of place to me. It tries really hard to be hip and edgy and succeeds for the most part.

I would say it's worth a spot on your cue list or if you're at a rental store and can't find anything else to rent and you happen to remember some dude on a message board saying it was pretty good.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved that movie!!!! It's been a while since I've seen it, so it's not fresh in my mind, but I seem to remember it keeping you guessing until the end of the movie.
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the movie definitely keeps you guessing.

I think a lot of people didn't like it because it unfolds in such a nonlinear format. To me it felt more like Snatch or Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels as opposed to anything Tarantino has done.

Although the nonlinear format does feel like Pulp Fiction.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'll have to check that one out sometime. My friend recommeded it to me quite awhile ago, but I completely forgot about. It didn't really seem like my type of movie, but I really enjoyed Snatch and Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels so maybe I will like it.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll add both of those movies to my netflix que. Do they need to be watched in any order, or are they independent of eachother?
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

nope, they're independent of each other

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, any order will be fine.

I tend to be more fond of Snatch. A big reason is because of Brad Pitt's performance.

Good stuff.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499537/

I usually borrow his films from the NY or BPL, but haven't been able to find this one yet-probably because it's less than two years old.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Was anyone else actually shocked at anything they said while explaining the "twist" at the end for fifteen minutes? Slevin get's a Seven from me.

Cloverfield was great. 10/10 for a monster movie.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'll have to check that one out sometime. My friend recommeded it to me quite awhile ago, but I completely forgot about. It didn't really seem like my type of movie, but I really enjoyed Snatch and Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels so maybe I will like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Yeah, any order will be fine.

I tend to be more fond of Snatch. A big reason is because of Brad Pitt's performance.

Good stuff.
    I was really impressed with Brad Pitt's performance in Snatch too, I'm not really a fan of his at all, but he pulled it off fantastically well.

If you enjoyed them, you ought to watch Mean Machine, which is a British remake of The Longest Yard. It stars Vinnie Jones, Jason Statham, Vas Blackwood - loads of the Lock, Stock & Snatch guys...its really good!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    If you enjoyed them, you ought to watch Mean Machine, which is a British remake of The Longest Yard. It stars Vinnie Jones, Jason Statham, Vas Blackwood - loads of the Lock, Stock & Snatch guys...its really good!
    Jason Statham fucking made that movie!

MEAN MACHINE!
    MEAN MACHINE!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to catch Mean Machine. I'm not familiar with it.

I hear a lot of people say they've never cared for Brad Pitt as an actor, my answer to that is watch 12 Monkeys. Followed by Seven (especially the end) and Fight Club.

As far as Lucky Number Slevin is concerned, you're right, the "big twist" didn't really shock me. By that point, I had seen it coming. Most people who watch movies on a regular basis should be able to sniff that one out.

Still a cool movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Cloverfield was great. 10/10 for a monster movie.
    I can't wait! I should hopefully be able to catch it sometime this weekend. I haven't been this excited to see a movie in a long time.

And I'll have to check out Mean Machine sometime. I had never even heard of it before.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't get too excited.

I always find that when I start looking forward to a movie, I end up being disappointed. It's usually movies that I'm not that pumped for that I end up really enjoying.

Lowered expectations. Can't go wrong.

I know, the same thing happens to me. So with my luck I'll probably end up hating it, but I just can't help it.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw Juno the other day. Refreshing to have some witty realistic dialogue with teenage characters.

And despite her history of fluff movies, Jennifer Garner is actually a fucking good actor, I've decided.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Saw Juno the other day. Refreshing to have some witty realistic dialogue with teenage characters.

And despite her history of fluff movies, Jennifer Garner is actually a fucking good actor, I've decided.
    Yay, I'm not the only one in the world who thinks that Jennifer Garner is a good actor.

I loved Juno. Really fun movie.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

So who seen Cloverfield today?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Not me but we're watching Sunshine tonight. Well, it'll be on in the background.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to see it tomorrow.

I just read an article about the movie in EW as well as a review (they gave it a B+) and I've still been able to keep my hopes in check for the movie.

I find that lowered expectations help me enjoy movies better.

I saw Serpico for the first time the other night. Good stuff. More great Pacino.

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

I loved Cloverfield, even just being a viewer, it has a way of making you stressed. The whole audience was tensed up, and I can still feel it a few hours after seeing it. My fave movie this year so far.
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope. I don't care what you say, I will not get excited about this movie

Ahh, crap I just got excited.

Hey, Towerguard, how was the theater? Pretty full? Did they seem into the movie?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 267 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast