Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 267 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

yellow submarine is my fav film of all time. i've been obsessed with it since childhood like all good people. it also became the official tripping movie of our home. whatever else we did when we were dosed, we always managed to get in a viewing of it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, we didn't always, but I've had quite a few memorable experiences with it. It has been a favorite since I first saw it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

such a good film for that. and not every time, but every time we were doing it at home, not at a show somewhere or something like that.

when i was a kid they played it every new year's eve on a local station at midnight. i watched it every year that way until i finally got my own vhs of it in my teens. then dvd. now it's a lot more than annually.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't (currently) own a copy. I should get one. It's been awhile since I've seen it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to the the theatres today, but I can't decide between Juno, Cloverfield, There Will Be Blood, or No Country For Old Men!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Cloverfield is the kind of movie that is great for theatres. The sound, the size, the atmosphere. I haven't seen the other three but I can't see you losing that much waiting until DVD or BlueRay if you have it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FP: flip a coin .. twice all 4 would be worth seeing.

But as Mattrick said, the other three besides Cloverfield wouldnt really need the big screen to make the most of ti.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you guys haven't seen Gone Baby Gone yet, go out and rent it the next chance you get.

I saw it in the theater when it came out. Unfortunately, I think I was the only one, as it didn't due well for reasons that defy me.

It's one of my favorite films I saw all year.

Sticking with Casey Affleck movies, I watched The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford the other night. The DVD has nothing on it, which pisses me off, but the movie was rather good.

It's not your normal action packed Western. If you want that then 3:10 To Yuma will be your best bet.

This is a very slow film, sometimes too slow. It's a very cerebral film, full of great character pieces. The cinematography is amazing. The shots of the sprawling landscapes are breathtaking.

Overall, it's a welcome addition to any Western collection.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I loved Gone Baby Gone. I really thought Ben did a wonderful job directing that film, and I'm surprised that it's not up for many oscars. I think Casey and Ben should have both at least gotten a nomination for it.
    I really want to see The Assassination of Jesse James too. I've heard good stuff about it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

any news on the mist release over here... i'm losing my mind...

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm cool with Event Horizon.

We watched Eastern Promises this weekend and old Viggo can fight naked almost as good as our dear Eddie.
    That thought kept occuring to me too!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Sunshine on DVD last night - Not bad for Boyle's first venture into the sci-fi genre. The visuals were top notch, cinematogrophy was excellent, sound etc. Most of the actors gave solid performances and I love how Boyle brings out the worst in humankind through the actions of his protagonists. I only have a few gripes about the movie, mainly the plot-holes and the fact that the last 20 minutes of the movie was like a cliche' slasher in outerspace. All in all though, I was thoroughly entertained and I hope to rewatch it sometime within the next week to fully understand some of the blurrier (literally) scenes of the movie. I might start a seperate thread for this flick.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed that one as well.

We finally caught 1408 the other night, not too bad.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

1408 was pretty good. I enjoyed The Mist better.

I watched North By Northwest the other night. Now I know what all the fuss was about.

Great movie. Hitchcock was a god.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got Vertigo out to watch after watching Rear Window but haven't heard of North by Northwest.

1408 was good but I agree, The Mist is the among, if not the best, King movie out there.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

did you also see Trouble With Harry and Spellbound? These are great, too.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I've got Vertigo out to watch after watching Rear Window but haven't heard of North by Northwest.
    Have you ever seen TV shows (like Family Guy) or movies doing a parody of a man running in a corn field while being chased by a crop dusting plane flying very low? That's a famous scene in North by Northwest. I just saw it a couple years ago for the first time and when I did I was all "oooohhh, so that's what that's from". It's a good movie.

Tonight I watched the documentary "The Business of Being Born". It was actually really really good. I don't have kids, nor will I anytime soon but it really got me thinking about why exactly is it that we "have" to have our babies in hospitals? Homebirths can be a much better experience all in all. Anyhoo, good documentary.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    And Rope! What a great flick. One of Hitchcock's finest pieces of work.

1408 really doesn't suck? I saw the previews and kept saying to my friends "That's not in the story. That's not either. That's ... not right. He wasn't- but-"
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Have you ever seen TV shows (like Family Guy) or movies doing a parody of a man running in a corn field while being chased by a crop dusting plane flying very low? That's a famous scene in North by Northwest. I just saw it a couple years ago for the first time and when I did I was all "oooohhh, so that's what that's from". It's a good movie.
    so much of the early Simpsons is either from Hitchcok films or Citizen Kane. Hitchcok was a friggin' genius.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know when The Mist is being released on DVD?

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I would think within the next month or two.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

3/25/08

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent! Thank you sir.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

March 25th. I've been counting down the days. Perfect thing is that it's DIRECTLY in the middle of the Lost hiatus so I'll have some filler

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    And Rope! What a great flick. One of Hitchcock's finest pieces of work.
    And we can't forgot Rebecca. It's my all time favorite Hitchcock film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 267 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast