Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 267 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 6655

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Somewhere out there in this world there has been a couple that made Takashi Miike's Audition there first date movie. I wonder if they're still together.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Has anybody seen The Messenger? That's another film that I want to see. I heard it shares some themes with Brothers.
    I just looked it up, hadn't even heard of it. It sounds really good though. I don't see it playing at any theaters right by me, is it anywhere near you?
    The only place that is playing it near me is a theater in Hartford. They usually only show small Indy films that don't normally get wide releases. That's where I saw the Hurt Locker.

It's an old little theater, but it's the only way to see some of the more artsy films.

I also just saw Brothers. I really enjoyed it. Some of the best acting you will see in a film all year. I highly recommend it. Even the little girls were amazing.
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I was blown away by the film. The acting really was phenomenal by all.

And I might just have to take a ride down to Hartford. It's really not that far from me. There are a couple of small indie theaters in Northampton, but I didn't see it playing at any of them.
    If you end up making the trip down, let me know, maybe I'll tag along.

One more thing about Brothers. The most powerful scene for me was the scene at the dinner table. I just found it heartbreaking to see the oldest child being treated by her Father in that way.

You could see the possible similarity between her character and her Uncle Tommy. It just made me think about how the relationship between two siblings hinges upon how they are raised by their parents.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

If you end up making the trip down, let me know, maybe I'll tag along.

One more thing about Brothers. The most powerful scene for me was the scene at the dinner table. I just found it heartbreaking to see the oldest child being treated by her Father in that way.

You could see the possible similarity between her character and her Uncle Tommy. It just made me think about how the relationship between two siblings hinges upon how they are raised by their parents.
    If I get down there I'll definitely let you know.

That dinner scene was one of my favorites. I really felt for her as well. I kept hoping her uncle would step forward and say something, but he didn't.
    I also loved the scene where we're introduced to her character. When she's in bed and her dad walks in, and she's fighting back tears. It made me feel so sad.

I really think she might be an actress to watch out for in the future.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm shocked that Brothers didn't get better reviews.

Are Heather and I the only people that have seen this film? I would be interested to hear what other people have to say.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Honestly, I heard Brothers stunk. I'm gonna go see it, based on you all, but I had pretty much decided to pass before I read your thoughts. A lot of reviews are saying that the acting is just way over the top.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks like an intriguing flick but I can't see paying to go see a movie like Brothers in the theater. I just can't bring myself to pay 8 bucks to go see a movie on the big screen that has the same effect on the small screen. I'll rent it. LotR, Star Trek, 300, TDK...definitely go seers. I'll go see The Road too (if it comes out here).

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Honestly, I heard Brothers stunk. I'm gonna go see it, based on you all, but I had pretty much decided to pass before I read your thoughts. A lot of reviews are saying that the acting is just way over the top.
    Pam, what are you doing reading the reviews! Don't listen to them. It was an excellent film, and the acting was no where near being over the top. I don't know, maybe it just affected me more than others, but I absolutely loved it. I would rank it as one of the best films I've seen this year.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Pam, what are you doing reading the reviews! Don't listen to them. It was an excellent film, and the acting was no where near being over the top. I don't know, maybe it just affected me more than others, but I absolutely loved it. I would rank it as one of the best films I've seen this year.
    Truly, you're right - I shouldn't read reviews. I really shouldn't. I hardly ever agree with them, but I do read a lot of them... Not to mention I check the tomato meter, a lot ( Brothers is currently at 57% ).

I will definitely check it out, plus, I'm pretty sure my girlfriend wants to see it, too.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

this proves that a movie can be made for as little as possible and make a lot of money.

it started as a you tube video that went viral and Hollywood wants to make it now. the guy who made this video spent a total of 300 dollars to make. i hope that the film makers that bought it don't screw it up. (Sam Raimi's company)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dadPWhEhVk"]YouTube- Ataque de Pánico! (Panic Attack!) 2009[/ame]

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Going backwards until I hit a dud:
    BROTHERS - Very good!
    INVICTUS - Very good!
    ARMORED - Very good!
    TRANSLYMANIA - ouch! I hit a dud (understatement)
    Oh, one more for the road THE FANTASTIC MR. FOX - I had every intention of not liking this movie, but it was good!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    this proves that a movie can be made for as little as possible and make a lot of money.

it started as a you tube video that went viral and Hollywood wants to make it now. the guy who made this video spent a total of 300 dollars to make. i hope that the film makers that bought it don't screw it up. (Sam Raimi's company)

YouTube- Ataque de Pánico! (Panic Attack!) 2009
    Well, he did a brilliant job, but I do have some doubts about him only spending $300 total to do it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Oh, one more for the road THE FANTASTIC MR. FOX - I had every intention of not liking this movie, but it was good!
    Dood, Wes Anderson is a god.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default R.I.P Brittany Murphy

My heart sunk when I logged on to Rotten Tomatoes and saw the news story that Brittany Murphy had passed away at the age of 32.

I always liked her as an actress. I would even go as far to say that I had a little celebrity crush on her.

I actually just lost my Grandfather on Saturday and this just proves how fragile life is.

Yes, my Grandpa was old, but death does not care. This is way too young.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As you said, death does not care. I am very sorry to hear about this and was stunned myself. I feel for her husband and can't even imagine what his world must be right now.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather
    Hope you're doing ok.

And I was shocked when I heard about Britney. She was so young. I hate to hear about stuff like that.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Heather. I'm doing ok. We've had a lot family around, so that helps.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very sad. My condolences to her family.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJm3Ewq6HyM"]Kicking And Screaming opening Scene[/ame]
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

I recently watched Joyeux Noël. It was an absolutely wonderful film. It's based on a true story. Christmas Eve during World War I, many of the troops along the front lines laid down their guns and decided to make peace for the evening.

It was quite a different war film than most of the other ones I've seen. Whereas alot of them show the brutality of war, or the effects war has on the soldiers, this one showed the character of the men. And how they were able to form friendships with one another despite what was going on at the time. I highly recommend it.

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have V for Vendetta, The Godfather Trilogy, Seven Pounds and Zombieland to watch. I've never seen any of them. Which one first?
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

My Mood
    Gay

Well... lose Seven Pounds. Really. Focus on the others.

How much time do you have?!?

The Godfather movies ( I and II ) are classic and I'd dive right into those.
    Honestly, GIII was pretty ... just not up to the previous two.
    V for Vendetta if you just have time for one tonight.

Wow. I'm kind of jealous. I wish I was just seeing those movies for the first time. :sigh:

Country
    Country Flag

Alright, Thanks Turtlex. I'll go for V for Vendetta for tonight, dunno when I'm gonna squezze in The Godfathers

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished V for Vendetta. That is one of the best films I have ever seen. I like it as much, if not more, than Fight Club.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Just finished V for Vendetta. That is one of the best films I have ever seen. I like it as much, if not more, than Fight Club.
    Whoowhoo !! Another convert !!

It's one of my favorite movies !

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I read the graphic novel for V for Vendetta and from that moment I was absolutely hooked. I love Alan Moore's works and I was a bit shaky about the ability of any director to move his work onto film media. But it moved fluidly and I loved every second of it.

Fun fact: I convinced my Civics teacher in High School that V for Vendetta was a vital part of my political transition between staunch Democrat Freshman year to Libertarian Senior year. Because of that, she and I created a teaching plan to implement a viewing of V for Vendetta into Civics class as a mandatory requirement. So now it is shown by every Civics teacher twice a year to hundreds of kids. I love Mrs. DiSorbo =)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 267 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 ... LastLast