Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 267 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I saw Semi-Pro this weekend. I really like Will Ferrell, but I have to say, his movies are starting to get repetitive. Especially his sports movies. There are some laughs in this one but not nearly enough.

And please people, don't bring your kids to movies like this. Some lady brought her 2 kids both around 10 years old. I wanted to slap her. Just because Will Ferrell made Elf doesn't mean all his movies are going to be kid friendly.

I'm also worried about the state of the comedy. It seems like Hollywood thinks the pinnacle of a good joke is seeing somebody walk into something or bump theri head on something.

You can't get more low brow than this. The trailer for the superhero spoof movie had at least a dozen of these kinds of jokes in it. When I want to make my 4 year old cousin laugh, do you know what I do? I run into something and fall on the ground and make believe I'm hurt.

She thinks it's fucking hilarious. I would too if I were 4. I'm not 4 anymore.
    Ferrell's stock dropped after Anchorman came out.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I saw Semi-Pro this weekend. I really like Will Ferrell, but I have to say, his movies are starting to get repetitive. Especially his sports movies. There are some laughs in this one but not nearly enough.

And please people, don't bring your kids to movies like this. Some lady brought her 2 kids both around 10 years old. I wanted to slap her. Just because Will Ferrell made Elf doesn't mean all his movies are going to be kid friendly.

I'm also worried about the state of the comedy. It seems like Hollywood thinks the pinnacle of a good joke is seeing somebody walk into something or bump theri head on something.

You can't get more low brow than this. The trailer for the superhero spoof movie had at least a dozen of these kinds of jokes in it. When I want to make my 4 year old cousin laugh, do you know what I do? I run into something and fall on the ground and make believe I'm hurt.

Metallica : ♪ "Sad But Truuuuuuuuuuuue!!"♪

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys missed my point.

I'm not some prude who thinks a bad word or a sex scene is going to corrupt the minds of children.

My parents owned a movie store when I was growing up, so I saw many violent and vulger movies at a very young age. I too turned out okay. I also was known to peruse the Adult film section when nobody was watching.

My point is I have to watch these kids out of the corner of my eye stir in their seats for an hour and 45 minutes. They also get up and go somewhere 10 times throughout the film.

I also hate how people take their kids to movies when they have no idea what they are about. I overheard the mother say on the way out, "Wow, I wasn't expecting that to be so naughty." It's rated R bitch.

I also think that every person is different. Just because we turned out okay doesn't mean some kid isn't going into school on monday morning calling people cocksuckers.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

Metallica : ♪ "Sad But Truuuuuuuuuuuue!!"♪

When exactly was Ferrell's stock up? When he was on SNL or in Night at the Roxbury? While his movies may be stupid, they are raking in money and he is laughing all the way to the bank. I'll admit I enjoy his movies in small doses (like once every couple of months) but that is because I realize going in that they are going to be stupid. What do you want him to be doing? Drama? He proved that he can do other things in Stranger Than Fiction (to me anyway) but why would he with how successful his dumb movies have been.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post

When exactly was Ferrell's stock up? When he was on SNL or in Night at the Roxbury? While his movies may be stupid, they are raking in money and he is laughing all the way to the bank. I'll admit I enjoy his movies in small doses (like once every couple of months) but that is because I realize going in that they are going to be stupid. What do you want him to be doing? Drama? He proved that he can do other things in Stranger Than Fiction (to me anyway) but why would he with how successful his dumb movies have been.
    Ferrells stock was highest when Old School, Anchorman, Elf etc all came out four or five years ago. Stranger Than Fiction would've been better with Jim Carrey, at least he can act. I can't believe I willing sat through a movie with Will Ferrell AND Queen Latifah. That's as bad as the double dose of Brendan Fraser and Pauly Shore in Encino man.

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I watched Flight of the Navigator today...amazing...

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched 'The Lookout', which I missed in theatres. I felt it was a very good movie with good performances and an intriguing plot. I like that it wasn't a traditional heist movie and dealt much more with Chris Pratt and the affects his accident had on his life, his dreams to go back to his old life and his struggles to communicate with people or find peace and happiness.

If you haven't seen this movie, go rent it. While it's not one of those amazing, unforgettable movies, it's still pretty damn good.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0427470/

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I never saw the appeal of Will Ferrell.

He had a few sporadic amusing skits on SNL, e.g. the one where he played a transient who worked as a life model, where he played Lucifer, etc., but other than that I view his career as a fifteen year-long uninterrupted stream of suck.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It amazes me that some of you think Will Farrell is funny, but Two and a Half Men isn't? I've never seen a single thing Will Farrel is in that I could even sit through. I've always thought he was completely talentless. Same goes for Jim Carey, Austin Powers, 40 Year Old Virgin, I just think it's all painfully stupid. I have always felt the same about Jerry Lewis, and Three Stooges too. I guess that's why there's all kinds of stuff out there. Different strokes for different folks.
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Jim Carrey has great comedic styling, but I wouldn't characterize him as a great comedian. When he starred "In Living Color" almost all of his fellow cast members, e.g. David Alan Grier, Damon Wayans, Keenan Ivory Wayans, among others, were funnier than him. Carey isn't a good standup comedian, IMO, but when you give him well-written scripts he can perform broad comedy very well.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleT View Post
    It amazes me that some of you think Will Farrell is funny, but Two and a Half Men isn't? I've never seen a single thing Will Farrel is in that I could even sit through. I've always thought he was completely talentless. Same goes for Jim Carey, Austin Powers, 40 Year Old Virgin, I just think it's all painfully stupid. I have always felt the same about Jerry Lewis, and Three Stooges too. I guess that's why there's all kinds of stuff out there. Different strokes for different folks.
    I will pray for you to find the light and remove Charlie Sheen from your television.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched 'The Lookout', which I missed in theatres. I felt it was a very good movie with good performances and an intriguing plot. I like that it wasn't a traditional heist movie and dealt much more with Chris Pratt and the affects his accident had on his life, his dreams to go back to his old life and his struggles to communicate with people or find peace and happiness.

If you haven't seen this movie, go rent it. While it's not one of those amazing, unforgettable movies, it's still pretty damn good.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0427470/

I loved The Lookout, one of my favorite heist films of all time. Easily in the top 10.

My local movie store is going out of business (like most movie stores today). My parents used to own a movie store when I was growing up and the guy that owns this one owned a huge chain of stores. His copying of VHS tapes basically put my parents out of business. Blockbuster didn't help either.

Anyway, I picked up a film called The Crimson Rivers starring Jean Reno. I love finding films like this. I even watched it with the orginal French dub to add to the authenticity.

I thought it was a really good mystery/thriller in the mold of Seven. It really felt like an American movie to me. It also stars Vincent Cassell who I really liked in Derailed and Eastern Promises.

Check this one out if you get the chance.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw a really strange movie called Mirrormask yesterday. It was by Neil Gaiman who created the Sandman comics. A lot of the images made me think of the pictures from The Wizard and the Glass. Like I said, it was very different. Has anyone else seen this and, if so, what did you think of it?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I saw a really strange movie called Mirrormask yesterday. It was by Neil Gaiman who created the Sandman comics. A lot of the images made me think of the pictures from The Wizard and the Glass. Like I said, it was very different. Has anyone else seen this and, if so, what did you think of it?
    I love Mirrormask, but I am a huge fan of both Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

I just watched Unforgiven, I rather enjoyed it.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw 3:10 to Yuma tonight. Loved it.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was good but if I never watch it again I won't be kicking myself. I was really expcting the ending sequence to be super intense with the set up and I was just a little disappointed with that.

I still have to see Unforgiven which I've been told is a crime. I want to see it, too, just haven't gotten around to it.

Speaking of westerns, I finally started watching The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on AMC one night. I was really enjoying it and I got to the part where Eastwood and the other guy get out of that Civil War camp I fell asleep. Damn movie didn't start until almost 3 am. If I rent it, I want to know if getting A Fist Full of Dollars and a Few Dollars More is worth it. I want to watch Hang Em' High again, watched it when I was about ten or eleven.

Last movie I watched was Rambo and it was pretty damn awesome. Not a movie for the squeamish, I tell you that much. Rambo rocks the bow and arrow something fierce.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have to see Unforgiven which I've been told is a crime.
    Yes, yes it is. The gallows pole awaits you at dawn.

Speaking of westerns, I finally started watching The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on AMC one night. I was really enjoying it and I got to the part where Eastwood and the other guy get out of that Civil War camp I fell asleep. Damn movie didn't start until almost 3 am. If I rent it, I want to know if getting A Fist Full of Dollars and a Few Dollars More is worth it. I want to watch Hang Em' High again, watched it when I was about ten or eleven.
    You need to pick up TG, TB, & TU asap! The climax is the best part of that movie, and one of the best climaxes in any movie! Have you heard of the movie Yojimbo? Well A Fistful of Dollars is a remake of that movie, just substitute swords for guns, samurais for gunslingers, and japan for mexico and...well you get the idea. For A Few More Dollars is the most action packed of the trilogy and the chemistry between Eastwood and Van Cleef is excellent.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched Kingdom of Heaven last night and really liked it a lot.
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I saw 3:10 to Yuma tonight. Loved it.
    ITS GREAT!!! I've watched it like 5 times since I bought it.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm obsessed with Clint. In the past month i've spent way too much money on movies.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It kind of makes me sad when 10,000 B.C. makes 35 million bucks this weekend and College Road Trip (parts of whcih were filmed at the local high school my mom works at) makes 13 million bucks and The Bank Job only makes 6 million.

There's some thing wrong with the world.

This is the reason why great movies like In Bruges, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, The Assassination of Jesse James and many others never get wide releases.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

What the hell is 10,000 B.C. about? I've seen the trailer three or four times and it makes absolutely no fucking sense. Is it a real indigenous people? Are they just drawing on several traditions? Anybody know? I'll take your answer off the air.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

It kind of makes me sad when 10,000 B.C. makes 35 million bucks this weekend and College Road Trip (parts of whcih were filmed at the local high school my mom works at) makes 13 million bucks and The Bank Job only makes 6 million.

it's almost a gurantee that whenever you see a trailer on tv for what you think is the stupidest movie ever, it will turn out to be next week's "#1 movie in America" box office hit.

oh, and what is 10,000 bc about? a bunch of special effects and historical innaccuracies from my perspective.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

it's almost a gurantee that whenever you see a trailer on tv for what you think is the stupidest movie ever, it will turn out to be next week's "#1 movie in America" box office hit.

oh, and what is 10,000 bc about? a bunch of special effects and historical innaccuracies from my perspective.
    Bingo! 10,000 BC seems to mix and match cavemen with Egyptians, creatures of the ice age with desert climates, etc. I saw an article that said that there were few historically accurate things in the movie but the director was not worried about it because he just wanted to create a graphic novel type adventure (see 300).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 267 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast