Country Flag

I Cloverfield.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    01.06.07 - Rite of Passage
    09.26.07 - New Partnership
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I love Borat. I've never seen Ali G but Borat has so much to it, it's the kind of movie I have to watch at least once a year.
    you should really check out the dvd's of the Ali G show. this is where the borat thing originated, and there is some great material in the span of the show [enough to make them think it'd work as a movie]. also, i think the Ali G character and the Bruno character are also hilarious. it was a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest
    he was a good french guy in talladega nights!
    eghhh...that was one movie I was to sad I paid to see it. Will Ferrell = unfunny.
    i didn't see it bc i can't stand weill ferrell. it's one role of cohen's i will have to miss bc i don't like racing and i don't like ferrell so there's no chance of my seeing it.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yunsung View Post
    I Cloverfield.
    Awesome movie.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

anyone seen in thename of the father?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I Cloverfield.
    I believe talks of a sequel have already surfaced.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R and G
    i didn't see it bc i can't stand weill ferrell. it's one role of cohen's i will have to miss bc i don't like racing and i don't like ferrell so there's no chance of my seeing it.
    It's a shame that Ferrell had to ruin it. Cohen was hit and miss in the movie but mostly because his scenes featured Will Ferrell and his 'I'll make loud noises with my mouth' brand of comedy. John C. Reilly, Michael Clark Duncan, guy that played Ferrells father and his kids were great. Ferrell, alone, far outweighs the pros of this movie turning it into one big con.

Talledega Nights in a nutshell:

"MOMMA I'M GOING FAST!"
    "SHAKE AND BAKE!"

I'd almost say sit through the movie just until Ferrell's paralysis is over but it's not worth it. One scene of comedy gold isn't worth it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

I think all Will Ferrels movies have the same damn storyline!!! so annoying...

i'll still pass. ultimately, it's just not my style of comedy film.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Will Ferrell is great in small doses ala Mugatu in Zoolander and Chaz in Wedding Crashers.

two more movies i don't like. both of those i saw. it's not that parts weren't funny, but overall, not for me. especially zoolander. i'm not ben stiller's biggest fan either. more than ferrell, but not a whole lot more.

Country
    Country Flag

i'd only watch his kind of movie with a few friends or something...to watch it alone wouldn't be very funny...

i think if i brought zoolander to my friends to watch they'd kick me out of our circle of friends.

Gunslinger Apprentice Yunsung is on a distinguished road Yunsung's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I Cloverfield.
    I believe talks of a sequel have already surfaced.
    Yeah, I saw mention of that over at teh Wikipedias. For juicy spoilers, I'd hit it up.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    01.06.07 - Rite of Passage
    09.26.07 - New Partnership
    12.17.09 - Engagement

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    i think if i brought zoolander to my friends to watch they'd kick me out of our circle of friends.
    Zoolander is hilarious. I'm not a fan of Ben Stiller but this about the one movie where he doesn't play 'awkwardly likeable'. It's just so plain ridiculous and all it does is make fun of fashion, which I think is ridiculous without parody. Not many of my friends like it, but it's the kind of movie where you either understand the intended humour or you don't. I remember thinking it looked like the dumbest movie of the year but it's actually quite smart, it's just very subtle.

For me to like comedy it has to be either, dry, witty, intelligent, stupid or dry. I especially love comedy movies that have intelligence hidden behind utter stupidity. Freddy Got Fingered is an example of this. The way it parodies drama is great. Then again, some movies are just great stoned.

I'm not worried if my friends would kick me out of their circle for Zoolander...they've liked Sorority Boys, Ghost Rider...ugh, Daredevil...That should've been enough to kill a few of my friends.

Zoolander is hilarious. I'm not a fan of Ben Stiller but this about the one movie where he doesn't play 'awkwardly likeable'. It's just so plain ridiculous and all it does is make fun of fashion, which I think is ridiculous without parody. Not many of my friends like it, but it's the kind of movie where you either understand the intended humour or you don't. I remember thinking it looked like the dumbest movie of the year but it's actually quite smart, it's just very subtle.

For me to like comedy it has to be either, dry, witty, intelligent, stupid or dry. I especially love comedy movies that have intelligence hidden behind utter stupidity. Freddy Got Fingered is an example of this. The way it parodies drama is great. Then again, some movies are just great stoned.

I'm not worried if my friends would kick me out of their circle for Zoolander...they've liked Sorority Boys, Ghost Rider...ugh, Daredevil...That should've been enough to kill a few of my friends.
    i've seen enough of zoolander to know i get it, it just isn't my kind of funny. my only rule for comedy is that is has to make me laugh. zoolander doesn't.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i like will ferrell....some of his movies he's just annoying in...but others i enjoy him
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

His bit part in Wedding Crashers was wicked funny.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Hunting Party

This is one of those films that I wanted to see, but it just kind of went under the radar and I missed it. It probably wasn't around very long.

So I was happy to see it on DVD. I was interested in seeing the movie because I work with camera's, so I thought that might be kind of cool. I also really like Terrance Howard.

I really enjoyed the film. Gere gives one of his better performances in years. Seeing some of the real life war torn environments really added to the realism of the movie.

The film is based on an Esquire magazine article about a bunch of journalists who are in search of a war criminal in hiding. The movie has a lot of dark humor in it and really kept my interest.

This might be a good one to pick up next time you're looking for something to watch.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    His bit part in Wedding Crashers was wicked funny.

I use his one line on my mom all the time. MOOOOMMMMMMM!!! THE MEATLOAF!! MOM!!! THE MEATLOAF!!! Picking up chicks at the funeral was great, as well. I like Ferrell in small doses, like vodka. If I have to much of either I want to puke.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought Zoolander was funny as hell, because it was just a giant pisstake out of fashion and the modelling industry. It was Wilson and Stiller's characters that nailed it for me though Will Ferrel has annoyed the shit out of me in most things except for Zoolander and Stranger Than Fiction
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

God I love Zoolander.

Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Martin Scorsese to direct a film depicting the live of Bob Marley:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/850/850656p1.html

cool fev, thanks for posting that. that has promise to be something very cool.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    God I love Zoolander.

Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty
    I love Jon Voight in that movie.

"I just wanted to make a new life for my self, pa."

"With what, with your male modeling? Prancing around on stage with your weiner hanging out for everyone to see? You're dead to me boy, more dead to me than your dead muddah. Just thank the lord she didn't live to see her son as a mermaid!"

"MerMAN! *coughcough* MerMAN!"
    They were like brothers to me. I don't mean brothers as in actual brothers, but in the way that black people use it, which is more meaningful I think

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

cool fev, thanks for posting that. that has promise to be something very cool.
    I think it has enormous potential, all the ingredients are there : an iconic man, with a more than interesting life, directed by a great director.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 267 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast