Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 266 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 6642

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    If Quentin wants to do some tinkering, how about releasing the full version of Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair. I don't see what the holdup is on this one other than the rumored animated sequence to be completed. That's the one most fans long for.
    You had to mention that? Just when I started to forget about it.

I guess the studio doesn't like money.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    If Quentin wants to do some tinkering, how about releasing the full version of Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair. I don't see what the holdup is on this one other than the rumored animated sequence to be completed. That's the one most fans long for.

While I liked Kill Bill.... it defiantly wasn’t a cash cow. That year it barely broke the top 50. I checked and vol 1 was 40th and 2 was 44th of their respective years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

While I liked Kill Bill.... it defiantly wasn’t a cash cow. That year it barely broke the top 50. I checked and vol 1 was 40th and 2 was 44th of their respective years.
    We're talking about a special edition Blu-ray.

Studios release special editions all the time of films that nobody gives a shit about. I can guarantee you that there are more than enough people that would buy The Whole Bloody Affair on Blu-ray.

Best Buy released a special edition steelbook of Kill Bill a few years ago. That couldn't have been The Whole Bloody Affair?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

For the end of Pride month, how many have you seen? I'm way behind myself.

200 Best LGBT Movies of All Time

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Ooh this is a nice list. I've seen a good deal of these and am aware of a lot more that are on my watchlist. Really happy to see Funeral Parade of Roses at #15, that's such a unique and daring film for when it came out in '69.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Ooh this is a nice list. I've seen a good deal of these and am aware of a lot more that are on my watchlist. Really happy to see Funeral Parade of Roses at #15, that's such a unique and daring film for when it came out in '69.
    Interesting, I don't remember seeing Bohemian Rhapsody on there. I may have missed it. But there are more I would like to see on the list, mostly obscure little things. One good one is called "The Blossoming of Maximos Oliveros". I've always remembered that one and the name really helps, HA!

The entire movie Sebastiane is on Youtube, uncensored.

I happen to think of Ben-hur 1959 as being a gay film but many don't pick up on it or don't agree. And please I am not looking to argue that point if anyone comes for me.

Also, Call Me by Your Name, God's Own Country and Brokeback Mountain need to be higher just for my own tastes if nothing else.

I have not seen the #15 spot but will have to check it out.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sebastiane is a great film. And in Latin!

Sebastiane is a great film. And in Latin!
    Ha! I know that now, tripped me out at first cause I didn't know that going into it.

The list also brings up what constitutes an LGBTQ film. Hitchock has a huge gay following and it can be argued that several of his villains are gay. But I don't think any of his films made it.

And you just haven't lived until you've watched Mommie Dearest in a room full of gay men.

There should be a sort of LGTBQ-adjacent list for films adored by the community but not necessarily a "gay" film say like Steel Magnolias. Going back further, a ton of old westerns and some war flicks have major gay subtext. Red River is a great example.

Country
    Country Flag

Another good list of queer cinema: https://www.bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/...films-all-time

Un chant d’amour, man! What a sexy movie that is!

Portrait of Jason is hilarious and a bit sad but so entertaining for what it is.

If you haven't seen Pink Narcissus yet mae, it's wild and every bit of it was filmed in the director's own apartment. If you've seen it, you know that's a pretty large feat!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

How many Spider Man movies do we need?

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    (A Sony lawyer magically appears)

As many as are contractually required to prevent full rights from reverting back to Marvel

(Lawyer fades)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Long as they get them right? Bring them on. Holland is a brilliant actor in every thing he does too. He will spread as Spider-Man 7 more time. He rocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default A24 showing free movies on billboards this summer

It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

I thought this was a fun and gentle:

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Uh oh... The Lion King currently sitting at 57% on RT

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_lion_king_2019

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    That's awesome!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

That was a great video for all kinds of reasons.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

I've never read it but I did know this about it...

‘The Little Mermaid’ Originally Meant as Gay Love Letter to Author’s Crush

Country
    Country Flag

Our first submission for the Best International Film for the 2020 Oscars:

https://deadline.com/2019/07/oscars-...ry-1202645421/
    Mounia Meddour’s debut feature Papicha has been selected by Algeria to represent the country in the Oscars’ newly-dubbed International Feature Film category – formerly known as the Best Foreign Language Film race. This appears to be the first film chosen for the category by any country this year; typically submissions start to roll in over the summer and into the fall.

Set in the 90s, Papicha centers on Nedjma, an 18-year-old student passionate about fashion design who refuses to let the tragic events of the Algerian Civil War keep her from experiencing a normal life and going out at night with her friend Wassila. As the social climate becomes more conservative, she rejects the new bans set by the radicals and decides to fight for her freedom and independence by putting on a fashion show.

Paris-based Jour2Fête, which confirmed the selection to Deadline, releases in France in October and is handling international sales. The film received praise upon its world premiere in Cannes.

Algeria has previously received four Oscar nominations in the category and won in 1969 for Costa Gavras’ Z.

The International Feature Film name change doesn’t impact any other rules for the category. However, the shortlist for the race has been expanded to 10 from a previous nine. Seven, rather than six, will be chosen by the Phase I International Feature Film Committee, and the additional three will be voted by the International Feature Film Award Executive Committee.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with this guy sometimes and other times he infuriates the hell out of me (he's done a lot of movie analysis vids) but this is an interesting one and again, I agree with some of what he says but not all....

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Very sad news. We have two movies with him in our upcoming 2000s tournament, Batman Begins and Sin City.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 266 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 ... LastLast