Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which would you like to see more?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • An adaptation/extension of Stephen King's previously published work

2 7.69%
  • An original story by Stephen King

24 92.31%

Thread: Which would you like to see more?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Which would you like to see more?

I've mentioned this a number of times but I felt that it might need a topic.

Does anyone think Stephen King should write original work for Marvel, and not just authorize adaptations/extensions of preexisting work?

For example, take a look at Joe Hill's Locke & Key right now. It's completely original and has nothing to do with his previously established work.

As much as I'm enjoying the second Dark Tower arc (didn't care much for the first) and I'm looking forward to The Stand, I'd much rather see King write something completely different that we haven't seen before.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. I'm not even sure if I will get the Stand comics simply because I've got the unabridged novel at home. On receiving the sketchbook, looking at the art and also the style they're taking (i.e. focusing each early book on an individual character, starting with Flagg - which is unusual as he doesn't turn up until later in the book) I'm certainly becoming pursuaded, although I'm not quite there yet.

As I imagine extras will be minimum for the comics (I'll find out from reviews etc.) I might wait for the GN for this adaption though.

I'll continue grabbing the Dark Tower comics piecemeal though.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've said many times before, I really want to see ORIGINAL works, not reprints. I've enjoyed the second Dark Tower arc a lot (even though I'm definitely NOT a graphics novel kind of guy). I'll be getting The Stand issues mainly because I'm also a big collector, but not really because I want to "see" the story.

John

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I deleted your duplicate post for you, cyber.

I voted original too. I'd love to see some new stuff.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is easy for me. I want to see new stuff by King. I think Cyber had a great point with Locke and Key.

I will, however, buy all the remaining DT comics and all The Stand comics too.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I concur, new material would be my preference. I will nonetheless keep collecting the DT comics and am really looking fwd to The Stand.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I'm content with the Tower comics for now, but I'd love for him to do some work with Eddie Brock's character.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i'm always always always going to go for an original work. no questions. i've resisted the comics (or graphic novels or whatever i'm supposed to call them) because even though he authorized them and all they aren't him. they aren't his thoughts, his characters doing his things, his way. does that make any sense?

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    they aren't his thoughts, his characters doing his things, his way. does that make any sense?
    It does to me.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Original would definitely be preferred, but I, too, have been buying all the DT comics and will by all of the Stand ones. I've also really liked Locke & Key - waiting for #6!

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would like to see Stephen King write some original work for marvel.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted like most people here for an original story. After all, we all had different pictures in our minds of the situations and the characters in the DT series, so what's the point of drawing things that everyone imagines a different way? Getting us hooked on a new story, though, adds some more magic to the original one, doesn't it?
    I'm not sure I'll get the Stand comics because (there everybody's going to throw rocks at me) I didn't actually like the story in the first place. So seeing something that I found uninteresting a second time, though in a different media, is definitely not something I'm looking forward to.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to know why whoever voted for the adaption of a previous work did so. I can't imagine why.

John

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    I'm not sure I'll get the Stand comics because (there everybody's going to throw rocks at me) I didn't actually like the story in the first place. So seeing something that I found uninteresting a second time, though in a different media, is definitely not something I'm looking forward to.
    You better duck...

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Míchéal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    You better duck...
    ducked ok apparently ^^ You can try again