Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mrs. Tassenbaum *DT7 spoilers*

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with that. It would be the same as having sex with someone in the middle of a disaster. Comfort in the storm and all that.

Poor thing was being exposed to other worlds, this man represented a break in every single thing she ever knew to be real. I think it was a natural reaction.

If Dora came home from that, told me what happened...I would have understood.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony_A is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I loved Mrs. Tassenbaum's role in the story. Why did she help Roland? Well, she was drawn to him, and she and her husband DID purchase John Cullum's house. After all, Ka is like a wheel.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Part of the reason for the tone of my posts is that the thread was presented as a love fest for Mrs T. For me, adultery, is the giant pink elephant and I don't think it should be ignored.
    I don't think it should be ignored either - it indicates a problem in the marriage if one partner is being unfaithful. Where I disagree is that, the person having the affair isn't necessarily the only one at fault.

Let this be the last word on the matter if that's cool. I don't want to start arguing about marriage and adultery and etc... I thought about erasing my post, but it would make a few others seem out of place.
    Why would you erase your post? It's relevant to the topic and has generated discussion.
    There's also no need for the discussion not to continue, it's a valid reason for disliking Irene - but it's up for dissection like anything else posted in a public forum.

I'm not going to apologize for believing adultery is wrong and anything but "justified," but I don't want to argue it anymore.
    You puzzle me sometimes. I don't want an apology, I just don't agree with your opinion and worded mine as strongly as you did yours. But we're discussing a fictional character in a fictional situation - why take it so personally?

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked Irene too. I found it a little unsettling that she wanted to bone Roland so bad, but I think it was the unreality of the situation. I imagine she probably wasn't very happy, but I don't think people always cheat because they're unhappy.

I agree with OJ about the Bill and Beverly thing in It, but I also believed that it was real. I think that would have happened in real life even though Bill and his wife were happy together. But it did upset me because Audrey loved Bill so much.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    I don't think people always cheat because they're unhappy.
    It's not always unhappiness, but it's indicative of some problem in the relationship (or existing problems/issues with the person being unfaithful).

I don't think anyone does it just to be a wanker

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony_A is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    I don't think people always cheat because they're unhappy.
    It's not always unhappiness, but it's indicative of some problem in the relationship (or existing problems/issues with the person being unfaithful).

I don't think anyone does it just to be a wanker
    Except maybe for Ed Furillo in "City Slickers" when he was asking Mitch if he'd have sex with a woman if there was no chance that nobody else would ever find out.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Good on Tony for chiming in with the most random movie reference!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought Mrs Tassenbaum was an interesting quirky character. I also disagree with her affair with Roland though. I understand why she did it, it just wasn't right. I wouldn't class her as a whore though. If she is, then Roland is too. He was the one who actually initiated it because "he felt she wanted him to." He didn't even really want to, grieving Jake, but he did it anyway.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

She may have been wrong, but I like the idea of a frustrated housewife climbing onto Roland's hard cock and screaming in pleasure as she rides him in desperation because she doesn't know what will happen the next day and she knows shes being bad and part of her likes that badness.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I think what Matthew meant to say was...

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    I like the idea of a frustrated housewife climbing onto Roland's hard cock and screaming in pleasure.

Country
    Country Flag

omg

:ducks:

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

I like the idea of a frustrated housewife climbing onto Roland's hard cock and screaming in pleasure.
    I never knew until now that I was such a prominant part of you're fantasies, Jayson. I'm flattered.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

I never knew until now that I was such a prominant part of you're fantasies, Jayson. I'm flattered.
    You know you're my hero in all aspects Matthew

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Along the Path of the Beam Babymordred121 is on a distinguished road Babymordred121's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I disliked Mrs. Tassenbaum. She seemed to just unnecessarily slow down the plot even more during an already slow part of the book.
    "I serve only one masta: DAAKNESS" - Peter Boil, Swashbuckler

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

She may have been wrong, but I like the idea of a frustrated housewife climbing onto Roland's hard cock and screaming in pleasure as she rides him in desperation because she doesn't know what will happen the next day and she knows shes being bad and part of her likes that badness.
    I wouldn't like to get into this part of this topic too much but I imagined their love-making very peaceful and quiet.

Roland would have understood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2