Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Darkthoughts

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    where did the name Darkthoughts come from?
    Quoted so it doesn't get lost at the bottom of the previous page.

If you could live anywhere in the world, aside from where you live now, where would it be?
    What's your favorite time of day?
    If you could go back in time and watch one historical event, what would it be?

Say you're alone in your house; for whatever reason (fire, tornado, tidal wave), you have to rush out and you can only grab one thing.
    What is it?
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Gunslinger Apprentice Armand St Pierre is on a distinguished road Armand St Pierre's Avatar

We've only talked a few times but you've made more than a positive impression on me.

Which Lostie (character not actor) would you want to split a bottle with on the island?......and I mean, a one night (spare not a drop) bottle splitting.
    “A Human Thought is an actual EXISTENCE, and a Force and Power, capable of acting upon and controlling matter as well as mind.”

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"God always punishes us for what we can't imagine."
    SK

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Do you sing in the shower? If so, what's your favorite shower song to sing?
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Mustard or mayo?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean's initial line of questioning reminded me of one of my favorite songs:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH7pOUm5s9k&feature=related"]YouTube - Anti Nowhere League - So What[/ame]

If they ever came up with a new version of that 7 Up series for your part of Great Britain, would you and/or your family want to participate?

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lovely Lisa,

What is your favorite flower?

What is your favorite candy?

Do you like serenades during dinner?

Do you kiss on the first date?

Lights on or lights off?

What do you want for breakfast?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Geez, a little transparent there, aren't you?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I knew some people would appreciate my questions!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you collect anything?

What were your children's first words?

Are you good at frying pancakes?

Do you believe in fortune tellers?

Roland would have understood.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Okay, how did you crash your car?
    Well! I had only been seeing Rob for about 2 weeks and it was his car I crashed, part of him taking it so well was what made me decide he was the man for me
    We were in the pub having a lock in (after hours drinking), playing poker. I was so drunk I fell off my stool and decided to go outside and get some fresh air. I went into the car park and decided I'd sit in Rob's car - I then noticed he'd left the keys in the ignition (honestly, you can do that sort of stuff where I live!) and thats when I had my bright idea
    The previous night, I'd had a dream that I could drive and it was sooo easy! The dream came flooding back to me and I thought - perfect! I'll move Rob's car to a different space in the car park - and he'll be so impressed!!
    Obviously, having the car in neutral instead of first gear would be second sense to a driver...I crashed straight into the pub...the end
    And he was impressed, indeed. Wasn't he?
    Lisa, you rock.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for that Tiffany
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    where did the name Darkthoughts come from?
    When I joined .net I had two usernames in mind - Bango Skank, which I was at another DT forum, or Towerjunkie. They'd both been taken. So I just kinda sat thinking about names that began with DT or Dark-something and Darkthoughts just came to me...I thought it suited me quite well, implying being preoccupied with DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    If you could live anywhere in the world, aside from where you live now, where would it be?
    I was asked a similar question on one of the last pages and replied, the Dordogne in France. But, even though there are many places I'd like to spend a year or so in, I think eventually I'd always like to return to England - I love it here

What's your favorite time of day?
    I like any time of day when I'm on my own - I have 3 children, so peace and quiet has become a novelty and I relish it when I get it.

If you could go back in time and watch one historical event, what would it be?
    I would like to be able to attend a festival like Beltane in Celtic times. It was originally a Gaelic festival, I believe, but it was also celebrated by the Breton (in France), the Welsh and the Cornish - who were all Celts.
    Most schools in English villages are CofE (Church of England) so Christian practises (such as prayer and hymns in assembly and prayer before meals etc) are compulsory. However, when I was at school we also celebrated May Day, with Maypole dancing and a May Queen, with all the other children dressed in animal masks - which strikes me as highly bizarre pagan behaviour for a CofE school So y'know, I'd like to go back and see it done properly.

Say you're alone in your house; for whatever reason (fire, tornado, tidal wave), you have to rush out and you can only grab one thing.
    What is it?
    Ah crap...well, it'd have to be something irreplaceable wouldn't it - so as much as my first thought when I read this was "My books! My music!" they can be replaced, so I'll say my wedding ring - which I had made especially and to quite a non conventional design.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand St Pierre View Post
    We've only talked a few times but you've made more than a positive impression on me.
    Thanks

Which Lostie (character not actor) would you want to split a bottle with on the island?......and I mean, a one night (spare not a drop) bottle splitting.
    Ha ha! Now you're talking!
    Well, I'm tempted to say Sawyer, because people are more inclined to have casual sex with strangers when they're completely wasted
    Locke is also a contender, because he's such an interesting character, but I believe that he doesn't have many answers - he's letting the island lead him - so it might not be worth plying him with alcohol and grilling him.

So I'm going to go for...Richard Alpert...that man is quite the enigma!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Do you sing in the shower? If so, what's your favorite shower song to sing?
    I most certainly do! And it's The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin - I even do all the instrumental bits and everything

Country
    Country Flag

Have we ever seen a picture of that ring... I think we have.. *unsure*

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Mustard or mayo?
    Mayo! I'm a mayo freak, I don't eat french fries without it

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    If they ever came up with a new version of that 7 Up series for your part of Great Britain, would you and/or your family want to participate?
    Oh wow! Yes, I'd love to! I thought that series was amazing and such a great concept.
    Don't know that it wouldn't depress me a little if I participated though. You have such fantastic hopes for the future as a child, I'm not sure I'd always like to compare the then to the now...you know, seeing the realization of adulthood dawning on you.

So, can you watch this online? I've only ever seen it on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    What is your favorite flower?
    I love blue flowers, like cornflowers, because thats my favourite colour. But I'll always have a soft spot for daisies because they remind me of being a child.

What is your favorite candy?
    Hmmm...I'm taking this very seriously...not sure if I can say only one sort!
    There are these little hard gummy candies called Cherry Lips that I love! For US candy I'd say Cup O Gold - they are the shiz!!

Do you like serenades during dinner?
    I've never been serenaded during dinner. I think I'd prefer eating and talking.

Do you kiss on the first date?
    Hell yeah...and the rest!

Lights on or lights off?
    Either, I'm a spur of the moment type person

What do you want for breakfast?
    Monte, if you ever decide to adopt subtlety, I won't speak to you

(Bacon and eggs please!)

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Do you collect anything?
    Books and also, I have a small sticker collection happening on my art portfolio
    case. It wasn't planned, it just happened - I'll take a picture when I find my camera!

What were your children's first words?
    Sam and Max both said "Dada", but Ruby's was "bear" because she was completely mesmerised by Bear from Bear In The Big Blue House

Are you good at frying pancakes?
    Yes! I can flip them and everything

Do you believe in fortune tellers?
    It depends.
    I do my own tarot readings and they've always been accurate. I've had them read by other people 3 times and had my palm read too. To me, its just an indication of the way your life is heading on the current path you are walking. But its all subject to change, which is why you should never forget that you always have a choice.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Have we ever seen a picture of that ring... I think we have.. *unsure*
    Yes, but I think I've deleted it. Here it is...

I was going to take more pics of it, because it has more detail around the back of it - but the batteries in my camera ran out

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooooh, lovely ring. And you have very nice hands, Darkthoughts.

(Sorry for repeating a question...I perused previous pages to make sure I didn't duplicate any but I guess I missed one. )
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Do you have a favorite blues musician?

Do you like Eric Clapton?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    Ooooh, lovely ring. And you have very nice hands, Darkthoughts.
    Thanks!

(Sorry for repeating a question...I perused previous pages to make sure I didn't duplicate any but I guess I missed one. )
    No worries, I had something to add that I added when you asked me the question

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Do you have a favorite blues musician?
    Well, you already know I like Robert Johnson I also love Muddy Waters, Leadbelly, Howlin' Wolf... I also love when bands like Led Zep do a few blues turns, Since I've Been Loving You and When The Levee Breaks in particular...and leading on nicely into your next question...

Do you like Eric Clapton?
    Yes, I love Eric Clapton! I thought he was at his height in the Cream days. Their rendition of Crossroads is immense, also Born Under A Bad Sign - excellent stuff.
    I do like his solo stuff too, although my Dad is a bigger fan

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

So, can you watch this online? I've only ever seen it on tv.
    Oh, I don't know. They show it on PBS, and I've seen it on DVD, but I don't know. I've seen snippets of it online, usually when it's being promoted on some other PBS program.

Where did you get that ring from?

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, here's the link I was trying to post earlier:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH7pOUm5s9k"]YouTube - Anti Nowhere League - So What[/ame]

Hope it works, but I doubt it.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That link worked the first time for me

The ring is based on another ring I own that was made from a Victorian medicine spoon...I'll post a picture once I get some more batteries for my camera...the original ring however was made of copper, so it turned your finger green whenever you wore it!
    A silversmith called Louise Parry made it.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

If you were to walk into your kitchen and find your favorite vase, glass, dish, etc broken and your kids claimed they didn't do it BUT YOU KNOW ONE OF THEM DID, which one is the most likely culprit?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Max

For two reasons - he's such a meddler that he constantly ends up breaking stuff he shouldn't be touching in the first place - and the other reason is that Sam and Ruby would instantly admit it was them, even if they thought they'd get told off.

Country
    Country Flag

If you were a man for a day what would you do or try out?

Do you like giving advice?

What's the meaning of life?

Have you ever written a poem?

Do you find Roland (our dear gunslinger) sexy?

Did you use to have any bad habits you could get id of?

Is there any newpaper or magazine your buy reguarly?

Have you ever met depression?

What's the most stressful for you in your life?

Can you open your eyes under the water?

*looks at the questions* Yeah, I don't let you relax.

Pirate Lover Lee is on a distinguished road Lee's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you play any other instruments? If not, what one would you most like to play?
    No, but I would love to play the flute and have been looking out for one to buy.
    Hmm..that's interesting. I have a flute that Im not using that could be sent overseas. Like brand new.

Would you like to have it?
    You're going to want it.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If you were a man for a day what would you do or try out?
    Pee standing up! It's been number one on my "what I'd do if I were a bloke for a day" list forever

Do you like giving advice?
    I think everyone does, it's one of those slightly narcissistic human traits we all share.

What's the meaning of life?

I don't really think there is a meaning though, (imo) we're simply part of an ecosystem and that concept doesn't personally detract from my quality of life or enjoyment of it

Have you ever written a poem?
    Yes. I won a poetry competition at primary school once It's not my forte, I've submitted a couple in Turtleback Lane though.

Do you find Roland (our dear gunslinger) sexy?
    Absolutely!!!!!!

Did you use to have any bad habits you could get rid of?
    I used to bite my nails when I was much younger - but stopped doing that. I smoke when I'm at the pub, I guess thats my only bad habit now.

Is there any newpaper or magazine your buy reguarly?
    No, I never read newspapers or magazines - they're so full of bad news!

Have you ever met depression?
    Yes, I think everyone gets depressed on quite a regular basis - whether it becomes an issue depends on our ability to cope with it or whether we have the support from others to cope with it.
    Generally speaking, alot of aspects of adult life are very boring and repetitive, so its no wonder. But I think, if you let yourself appreciate very small things - such as sunlight streaming through your window when you wake up, or eating something tasty, or someone showing you courtesy - you can stockpile a sense of wellbeing that counteracts all the little stresses you also store up throughout the day.

What's the most stressful for you in your life?
    I find being a mother quite stressful. I've been really irresponsible most of my life and also very spontaneous, so when I had children it was like..."whoa! I need routines and everything!" But I've gotten used to that, its more being someones role model that I find stressful, because you endeavour to only pass on your good traits even though its not possible to do that all the time.

Can you open your eyes under the water?
    Yes, swimming underwater is my favourite part of swimming.

*looks at the questions* Yeah, I don't let you relax.
    I'm enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

Do you play any other instruments? If not, what one would you most like to play?
    No, but I would love to play the flute and have been looking out for one to buy.
    Hmm..that's interesting. I have a flute that Im not using that could be sent overseas. Like brand new.

Would you like to have it?
    Wow...really?!!! I'll pm you

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast