Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Darkthoughts

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Is hanging on in quiet desperation really the English way?
    For alot of the older generation I'd say, yes - Floyd's parents generation, I think my parents generation were the ones to start turning it around.
    Interesting. Waters' lyrics certainly show he has a pretty low opinion of that generation.

Ok, here are some more for you...

I know that you play guitar.

What song/piece do you play that you are the most pleased with the way you play it?

Hypothetically speaking, if skill wasn't an issue and you could play any song on the guitar, what would you most like to play?

Do you play any other instruments? If not, what one would you most like to play?

Thanks for playing.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Interesting. Waters' lyrics certainly show he has a pretty low opinion of that generation.
    I don't think it can be completely held against them. WW1 shaped the way their parents raised them and WW2 happened while they were still of that mindset, and just reaffirmed all the values they'd been raised with. It's no surprise they found the children of the 50's and 60's frivolous - it's just a shame they couldn't let go, comprehend it and join in.

What song/piece do you play that you are the most pleased with the way you play it?
    I know alot of guitar players who, when asked how well they play, answer "Not that well." And that is generally just them being modest. When I say it on the other hand, it's completely accurate and true Therefore I can hardly play anything, and the things I do play are very simple - out of those Half The World Away is probably my best one on the acoustic. On the electric I can bang out a ropey version of Jimi's Hey Joe, that my husband is able to recognise - so I'll throw that in too!

Hypothetically speaking, if skill wasn't an issue and you could play any song on the guitar, what would you most like to play?
    I know that instantly - Nothing Else Matters - Metallica. Right now I can play the basic intro and thats it, it was the reason I started playing. There are much more accomplished songs I should choose, but thats my first aim.
    Theres also a guitar solo in a song called In The Meadow, which is by All About Eve, that I love...I'd love to play that too.

Do you play any other instruments? If not, what one would you most like to play?
    No, but I would love to play the flute and have been looking out for one to buy.

Thanks for playing.
    De nada

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Why are you so cool?

Did you know that you're one of the main reasons I'm a member?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Why don't you drive?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Do you have a middle name? If so, what is it?
    Michelle.
    do you know that the male version of this name is used in Russian as a nickname for - guess who? - a bear!!!
    Jean: is that Miche? or Mische? A friend of mine has that for a middle name

Lisa: Besides your husband or parents, who would be the first person you would call in an emergency or if you were in serious trouble?
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Jean: is that Miche? or Mische? A friend of mine has that for a middle name
    Misha or Mishka (first syllable stressed) as a term of endearment, Mihail (mee - ha - eel, the last syllable stressed) as a respectful name (it's Russian version of Michael), sometimes with the patronymic (Potapovich)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Why are you so cool?

Did you know that you're one of the main reasons I'm a member?

I always think other people are cool

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Why don't you drive?
    I don't really know. I did ask for driving lessons on my 17th birthday, but didn't get any...I secretly think my parent's were trying to keep me off the road
    I do have a tendancy to let my mind wander - my sister said that if I drove she'd ban me from having a car stereo, because I'd most likely get really into singing something and crash
    It's something I keep meaning to do (drive, not crash! Although I have crashed a car before.)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Lisa: Besides your husband or parents, who would be the first person you would call in an emergency or if you were in serious trouble?
    My best friend Stewie. He's a psychiatric nurse, so he deals with volatile situations everyday and can therefore be relied upon to keep his head and be practical. Also, he's always honest with me and I respect that alot

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

What's the secret of your beauty?

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think everyone looks beautiful when they smile.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was a perfect answer.

What was your biggest dream as a child?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

To see a fairy

When I was 6 the house we lived at had a copse (a small woods) at the bottom of the garden. I was convinced fairies lived in there and spent hours looking for them. I left sweets on tree stumps, bits of jewellery under bushes...all sorts to try and tempt them out of hiding.

I read a fairy tale where two children fell asleep in a forest and were taken away by fairies - so I tried that too...but nothing happened

However, I did receive my best compliment of all time when we did a play at my school that year, of the story The Elves And The Shoemaker. The headmaster was explaining the story to us and asked, "Does anyone know what an elf looks like?" then he called me up to the front of the class and said "This, is an elf!" and I was so proud

Country
    Country Flag

He was right.
    And when did you stop wanting to see them? Or do you still dream about them?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely, I think a part of us never grows up and somewhere we retain all those childhood dreams and thoughts.

It's something I love about Stephen King books, he is so able to tap into that.

Country
    Country Flag

May I give you some advice? If you would like to see a fairy, just look into the mirror.

What's your first memory?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

When we lived in Newcastle (until I was 3 years old), we lived in a block of flats that was on one of these children's home campuses.
    I had a little plastic step to stand on so I could reach the sink when I brushed my teeth.
    One day I got my Mum to take it outside, and I stood on it thinking I'd be able to see over the top of the flats.
    Thats my earliest memory

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, how did you crash your car?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Who is your favorite member here?

What is the first website you go to when you launch your browser?

If you could change anything about your body, what would it be?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Well! I had only been seeing Rob for about 2 weeks and it was his car I crashed, part of him taking it so well was what made me decide he was the man for me
    We were in the pub having a lock in (after hours drinking), playing poker. I was so drunk I fell off my stool and decided to go outside and get some fresh air. I went into the car park and decided I'd sit in Rob's car - I then noticed he'd left the keys in the ignition (honestly, you can do that sort of stuff where I live!) and thats when I had my bright idea
    The previous night, I'd had a dream that I could drive and it was sooo easy! The dream came flooding back to me and I thought - perfect! I'll move Rob's car to a different space in the car park - and he'll be so impressed!!
    Obviously, having the car in neutral instead of first gear would be second sense to a driver...I crashed straight into the pub...the end

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Who is your favorite member here?
    That is a really mean question!
    I honestly couldn't pick one person.

What is the first website you go to when you launch your browser?
    My home page is my isp's homepage - I've never bothered to change it because I access my email there.
    But I currently only post on 2 sites - here and Facebook.

If you could change anything about your body, what would it be?
    I would eliminate my beer belly, without having to give up beer

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Well! I had only been seeing Rob for about 2 weeks and it was his car I crashed, part of him taking it so well was what made me decide he was the man for me
    We were in the pub having a lock in (after hours drinking), playing poker. I was so drunk I fell off my stool and decided to go outside and get some fresh air. I went into the car park and decided I'd sit in Rob's car - I then noticed he'd left the keys in the ignition (honestly, you can do that sort of stuff where I live!) and thats when I had my bright idea
    The previous night, I'd had a dream that I could drive and it was sooo easy! The dream came flooding back to me and I thought - perfect! I'll move Rob's car to a different space in the car park - and he'll be so impressed!!
    Obviously, having the car in neutral instead of first gear would be second sense to a driver...I crashed straight into the pub...the end
    So you thought you could drive IRL because you did so in a dream? BRILLIANT! I hope you know this post made my day Lisa.

"The End."

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll tell Rob that "The Crash" has bought international joy to people

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It has , it has

I have a similiar story, but that's a question for another day...[hint, hint]

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Mwahahahaaa! Duly noted

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

okay, but it's not the end. did you actually crash into the pub? like through the wall or window or just run into it?

onward:
    if you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
    what is your biggest regret?
    what is your biggest triumph?
    do you remember your first love?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    okay, but it's not the end. did you actually crash into the pub? like through the wall or window or just run into it?
    I crashed into the wall where a wooden cupboard was housed (on the outside) that contained the electric meter. I totally smashed the doors to pieces, but the meter was fortunately intact

if you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
    Hmm, good question.
    Um...I would wish that money wasn't such a priority for those around me. I know money is necessary, but I don't let it get me down when I have none. I have never had a credit card, and aside from my bar tab (which I pay on time all the time ) I never borrow - if I don't have it, I go without. It saves stress, I can't stand money related arguments - they bring me down because its so materialistic.

what is your biggest regret?
    I went out with a guy for 4 years when I left home, who turned out to be the biggest asshole in the world. I don't regret that I went out with him, because it taught me a lot about myself - but I regret all the opportunities I passed up on spending with my friends because of him.

what is your biggest triumph?
    Giving birth, hands down - biggest rush EVER!

do you remember your first love?
    Absolutely. We made mud pies together and had sword fights with sticks...y'know, the real thing

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

where did the name Darkthoughts come from?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast