Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Message Board Software---UPGRADE COMPLETE **Post bugs and questions here**

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Here's a "g" to stick in the banner at the top of the forum. The scrolling text says "closed for uprade"

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Here's a "g" to stick in the banner at the top of the forum. The scrolling text says "closed for uprade"
    If Matt need this much help on the scrolling banner, what can we expect with the upgrade.

lol
    Geoff

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    If Matt need this much help on the scrolling banner, what can we expect with the upgrade.

lol
    Don't you mean uprade?
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys are killing me.

But thank you.

I promise, I'm much more detailed on important shit.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Go for it, Matt.

I'm an IT UNIX Admin - don't know what you're running on here, but should you need a hand, reach out!

Oh, and it's always easier to move up one version at a time - don't get too far behind or troubleshooting is a bugger ( I speak from experience ).

May The Force Be With You.
    May Gan Watch Over You.

PS - I got quite the pang thinking I wouldn't have board access for a while. Gosh.
    Last edited by turtlex; 07-14-2008 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Sharing
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

strange messages. slowness i understand but i'm getting weirdness like database error has occurred and shit. i'm not getting it from any other site. and if i go to the home page then wander i'm fine. then it acts hinky for a little while.

is it me? is anyone else seeing this?

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good Luck Matt. I am sure everything will be fine.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

turtle... it's you!

*smooch*
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

i think it is. cause now it's happening with another site. i think zone alarm is having a little mini nervous breakdown. i think it's going todash. :sigh:

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Have you read this about Zone Alarm and the latest Windows Update?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a couple database errors yesterday too. Fine so far today.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Have you read this about Zone Alarm and the latest Windows Update?
    yeah. zonelabs sent out an email (a fucking email of all things ) to everybody after it happened. i think that update was part of service pack 3 which i completely refuse to download. but i am watching for that update like a hawk in case it goes separate. fucking microsoft. i hate them but i use all their stuff. i'm an addict.

p.s. what's a "punter"? the article says "'punters' who use. . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I had a couple database errors yesterday too. Fine so far today.
    ha! it wasn't just me! okay it probably was, but still.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

AND WHAT, EXACTLY, AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WHILE THE BOARD IS DOWN?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Amen, sister!!!

Last edited by The Lady of Shadows; 07-15-2008 at 03:36 PM. Reason: add another url

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

shit, I have to work instead of just being here! Damn you, Matt!!!

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. How rude.

i know. the nerve of that guy. bah. upgrades. a likely story.

i vote we lock him in a room with a bunch of ewoks and see if he gets eaten.

(after the board is back up of course!)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, yeah, of course.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

haha. now everyone else will be without the site during the day like i am.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

We can't help it if you're deprived.

Or is that depraved.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The upgrade is complete you guys, went basically without a hitch.

However, there is a TON of new shit on this version that we have not yet evaluated for usefulness. We may or may not be using a lot of it (as we didn't before)

If you find something you don't recongize or have a question or run across something that is broken...please report it here.

Thanks for the patience.

One new thing you can use right now:

I have added a "quote this post in PM" option to the dropdown in the postbit. It allows you to directly quote a post in a PM to someone

Great example. Lets say you wanted to quote this very post in a PM to me. Its right there in the drop down.

<---post bit
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

*uncurls self from fetal position*

ahhhh... much better!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Woohoo we're back on.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast