Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 102 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Not even an in-credits or after-credits "In Memory" thing?

Does the DVD include anything about the Joker journal Ledger was keeping?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the two-disc, and it doesn't have anything like that on there.

Anything on the Blu-Ray, Turtlex?

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, this DVD is VERY thin on content, not even a commentary track.

Country
    Country Flag

but, In good news:
    ‘The Dark Knight’ Score Up For Award Again, Academy Reverses Eligibility Decision
    Published by Rick Marshall on Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 10:46 am.

Last month we brought you the news that the score of “The Dark Knight” had been disqualified from Academy Award consideration due to crediting too many composers’ names on the project. Now, however, it looks like good has once again triumphed over, well… politics.

Variety reports that the music branch of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has reversed its decision, and the musical score for one of the most successful films of all time will now be eligible for an Oscar. The Academy changed its mind after reviewing the score for “The Dark Knight” and deciding that composers Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard were the primary authors of the film’s music.

The film’s cue sheet, which identifies the authors of a film’s score, listed three other composers — though they had all signed affidavits stating that Zimmer and Newton were the primary composers for “The Dark Knight.” As we indicated in our previous report, Zimmer and Newton were similarly disqualified for the “Batman Begins” score.

Luckily for “The Dark Knight” (and its award campaign), the Academy reversed its decision prior to nomination ballots or lists of eligible scores being distributed.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I have the two-disc, and it doesn't have anything like that on there.

Anything on the Blu-Ray, Turtlex?
    Nothing that I've found, and honestly - it's soooooo wrong not to have some kind of tribute on there!

Maybe it's an Easter Egg or something, but I highly doubt it. Still going through things, but it doens't look good.

Spencer - I tend to agree with the Academy on that one. They have to keep the nominees down to PRIMARY, else there would be 30 names on every film. They did the same thing with Crash and that won best picture.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Gay

The Golden Globe nominees are out... Sorry, feev, with the exception of Heath, pretty much a TDK shutout.

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE
    TOM CRUISE – TROPIC THUNDER
    ROBERT DOWNEY JR. –TROPIC THUNDER
    RALPH FIENNES – THE DUCHESS
    PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN – DOUBT
    HEATH LEDGER – THE DARK KNIGHT

Honestly, Heath's only competition here is Philip Seymour Hoffman.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

imo, it's not a supporting role. His performance carries the entire movie... just sayin'
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Gay

He steals the movie, for sure, but I don't think it's a leading role.... honestly, I wish it were since I'm not exactly 100% thrilled with the Whispering Bales.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

You KNOW it was all about Aaron Eckhart anyway....

My Mood
    Gay

( turtlex loves Aaron Eckhart )

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Whispering Bales was terrible imo but I loved the movie.

Very seldom that something like this will live up to the hype...Heath's performance did to the hilt.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Whispering Bales was terrible imo but I loved the movie.

Very seldom that something like this will live up to the hype...Heath's performance did to the hilt.
    I agree about Heath and Whispering Bales.... but because of the Whispering One... I can't say I loved the movie.

I loved Heath Ledger's performance. Outstanding. I can say that!

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe I haven't posted here yet.

It's a given that this is Heath's film, but I thought that Bale improved over Batman Begins. Doesn't seem as stiff and uncomfortable as before.
    In Digitized Remorse

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    You KNOW it was all about Aaron Eckhart anyway....
    Yeah, when his face was burning I would have loved for The Joker to pop in out of nowhere and say "Thank You For Smoking."

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

thank u for smoking is one of the greatest movies of the last decade

"hey neil Im gonna impale your mom on a spike & feed her to a dog with syphilis" him and neil both laugh and he leans over to nick and says "its an inside joke"
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fall of Gilead View Post
    It's a given that this is Heath's film, but I thought that Bale improved over Batman Begins. Doesn't seem as stiff and uncomfortable as before.
    Agreed. It's interesting to draw the parallel between Bale becoming more comfortable with the role of Batman, and Bruce Wayne becoming more effective as Batman.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

one thing i was a little offput by in the dark knight was the way bale talked when he was batman, "Im batman and I have a deep scratchy voice! BOO!"
    i dunno...
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Warner Pres. Talks Batman
    Horn quized on Dark Knight follow-up, Green Lantern.
    by Brian Linder

December 18, 2008 - In the wake of a series of redonkulous rumors about the next Batman film, including buzz that Eddie Murphy would play the Riddler, Warner Bros. head honcho Alan Horn is speaking out about the future of the series and other high-profile superhero projects that it has in dev.

Horn told Collider that the studio has no plans for the next Bat-flick except that Chris Nolan will have dibs on directing.

"The story is everything and we are very respectful of Chris. We have a wonderful relationship with him and we are going to be respectful of his timing and we want to get it right. Also, I think the fans expect that – they want us to make a terrific movie – we have to give them another great movie," Horn told the site.

- Warner Bros.
    Horn says the studio is giving Nolan time to think.

As for other comic-to-film projects in development, Horn says that Green Lantern "hasn't taken off yet, but we're close." He also confirmed that another Superman flick is expected to take flight "in the next couple of years."

We'll have further updates on these projects and more as news breaks.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Very awesome of WB's part.

Murphy as Riddler...shit its like a contest to see who can concoct the BB3 rumor that generates the most nerd rage lol. There was some stuff about a Shia Lebouff Robin, and Rachel Weisz as Catwoman. Let me see...

On Catwoman:

From E! Online:

The next Batman installment is alive and kicking—definitely. We already mentioned today certain Warners sources are leaking to us that Rachel Weisz is being considered for the Catwoman role, too fab. But Warners officially isn't saying bubkes. But other insiders working on the next installment, to follow up where The Dark Knight left off, say it's all so a go:

Despite some recent interviews in which he down-played the possibility of returning as director again, Christopher Nolan (who helmed Knight) will for sure be back directing the third flick, we're assured by a production mole. Christian Bale will obviously rejoin his director pal, and we're very pleased to report that he'll be playing a "sexier" Bruce Wayne. This is heaven-sent news, as, let's face it, Bale couldn't have looked any more constipated in that last flick.

Never mind. And as for Catwoman casting, look, when we chatted with Aaron Eckhart not long ago, he blabbed that he would love to see Angelina Jolie play the role. Well, sorry babes, as we spilled earlier today, Weisz is the one more likely, at this point, to be signed on to play the sexy puss. After all, Angie has her claws out enough in real life, right?

By the by, even though Warners did not comment on any of the above movie talk, additional studio sources did confirm it's certainly "expected" Bale and Nolan will be back, pending a script which is being written as we gossip. However, let's not forget the most important Batman buzz of all, right?

Who dare fill Heath's shoes? A Batman movie is only as good as the villain, right? Don't believe me? Just watch the Oscars next February, and let's discuss after Heath nabs one of those babies posthumously.

So. Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin? Johnny Depp as anyone? Robert Pattinson as The Joker?
    Spencer Pratt as himself? Jeez, the sky's the friggin' limit these days. Me? I vote for Pattinson. I just don't buy that dude as a nonhuman blood-sucking vampire anyway, you?

Oh, and here was a comment on the article: "that article sounds like it was written by a horny grandmom."

It was The Sun that linked Shia Lebouff to Robin and Murphy to Riddler.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Robert Pattinson as The Joker?

I'd rather chew razor blades.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

1. NO-ONE should play Joker. The definitive Joker had already been done.

2. Green Lantern? Are they serious?

3. If there is a new Superman, I hope it's better than the last one.

4. Nice Joker av/sig Feev!
    In Digitized Remorse

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

oooooooh feeeeeeeeeeeeeevie. . . .

Examining The Ledger - Carpetbagger Blog
    from The New York Times, 12.24.98

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for that

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Whispering Bales was terrible
    Just curious, was it throughout the movie or in a certain part/parts?

For me it was the "I'm not wearing hockey pants." at the beginning of the movie. Sounded like he was trying to hawk something outta his throat there at the end.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok...initially...after seeing it in the theater I said that I thought Ledger's performance was adequate but not great. But I will say that now, after a few viewings, I'm appreciating it more. I think that part of my initial review was colored by the fact that I was hung up in a certain style of Joker that just didn't fit with Nolan's incarnation of Batman. I've read Arkham Asylum since my first time seeing DK and it really hammered home the feel that was intended for both the Joker and Batman as a whole. In many ways I actually prefer this raw, gritty Joker to more polished versions. From this frame of reference, Ledger's Joker really was great.

In short, I just didn't get it the first time.

That said, I'd have no problem with someone else playing the Joker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 102 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast