Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

*pokes Spencer*
    Hi!

I think Talia could work too, sort of a revenge thing or sumptin.
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, I never considered Ragdoll! That would be f'n sweet!

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I think Anarky might be interesting...however the general audience might see the costume as a V ripoff. The fact that he's inspired by the Joker is what I think makes him a good contender for a role in the third movie. Unless Joker is recasted, Anarky would be the best way to convey how Joker, and by extension Batman, has changed things. I originally wanted to see Two-Face being used in a Dark Victory-esque way in the 3rd movie, where
    Spoiler:
    He would play the freaks against the remnants of the traditional mob
    . However that will be impossible now. Anarky could do this: he seems like a good medium between Two-Face and Joker. Plus Anarky is like a more violent version of Batman, so he could be a key player in Batman gaining acceptance in the eyes of the GPD.

However, Anarky is a kid underneath the costume, correct?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Batman 3 Starting Next Year?
    Rumors swirl that the TDK sequel will shoot in '09.
    by Jim Vejvoda

September 30, 2008 - We recently reported that Batman 3 is among the four DC Comics film adaptations that Warner Bros. wants out in theaters by 2011. Now comes word that the sequel to The Dark Knight could shoot as soon as next year.

According to not one but two reports at Batman-on-Film.com, behind the scenes sources have informed BoF that pre-production on the next Bat-film is slated to begin around next February in Chicago for a summer '09 shoot.

"What's interesting is that info seems to be originating from folks who worked on TDK behind the scenes -- set builders, stuntmen, film crew, etc. -- in Chicago," BoF said. "As far as this buzz coming from former TDK crew members, there's probably something to this as you can't hire these guys at the very last minute. If sets need to be built and other miscellaneous pre-preproduction projects need to get done, I suspect that readying these things a year and a half/two years in advance is NOT out of the question."

As far anyone knows, TDK director Christopher Nolan and his brother and co-screenwriter Jonah Nolan have yet to sign a deal for Batman 3.

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    I think Anarky might be interesting...however the general audience might see the costume as a V ripoff. The fact that he's inspired by the Joker is what I think makes him a good contender for a role in the third movie. Unless Joker is recasted, Anarky would be the best way to convey how Joker, and by extension Batman, has changed things. I originally wanted to see Two-Face being used in a Dark Victory-esque way in the 3rd movie, where
    Spoiler:
    He would play the freaks against the remnants of the traditional mob
    . However that will be impossible now. Anarky could do this: he seems like a good medium between Two-Face and Joker. Plus Anarky is like a more violent version of Batman, so he could be a key player in Batman gaining acceptance in the eyes of the GPD.

However, Anarky is a kid underneath the costume, correct?
    Yup
    But I think its a pretty awesome idea for the next Nolan movie.
    I keep thinking about the Talia angle too lol
    And I hope we see more Two Face, Ill be seriously disappointed if we dont.
    I lurk, therefore I am.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We won't, Nolan has already said that Two Face's character is dead.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I dont care.
    I lurk, therefore I am.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So are you suggesting that he get thrown into the Lazarus Pit, or?...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Feev, come on, seriously. It's completely obvious that Two-Face was buried in the pet sematary.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I'd want to see Talia as a love interest/villainess before Catwoman, but I don't think the third movie needs a love interest.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ErinPatricia View Post
    *pokes Spencer*
    Hi!

I think Talia could work too, sort of a revenge thing or sumptin.
    Yeah, but you've gotta have that whole Ra's "you and the Detective need to get busy and make me an heir!" stuff goin on.

and, as an evil Republican, let me just say that the change in Ra's character from a "good intentioned environmentalist who went way too far" in the comics, to an "anti crime neo nazi" in Batman Begins sucked, and made the movie much less interesting than it could have been.

It'd be great if the third movie featured a city-wide mob war. Innocents dying everyday in the crossfire, betrayals from within the GPD's ranks and all that. Something like that could also cause the GPD to form a temporary truce with Bats until the war would be concluded. Perhaps Black Mask and maybe Ventriloquist could be the opposing mob bosses. We need a couple of freaks to be the instigators here, since the traditional mob seemed to be on its last legs at the end of The Dark Knight.

Whatever we get, Nolan and Goyer have something up their sleeve. They pitched this Batman reboot as a 3-picture deal.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Since the cops are going to be gunning for Bats in the third film, I want to see a couple of situations in which Bruce has no choice but to violently mow his way through the GCPD officers.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/09/23...ner-thinks-so/

Brett Ratner calls for a Joker spin-off. This might be cool if Nolan or another quality director did it. However, if a guy who wants to make a movie out of Guitar Hero wants to do it, I say leave the origin multiple choice.

I'm also looking forward to see how Bats/Bruce deals with the GPD. The situation should also give Gordon some great character development as well.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    Brett Ratner calls for a Joker spin-off. This might be cool if Nolan or another quality director did it. However, if a guy who wants to make a movie out of Guitar Hero wants to do it, I say leave the origin multiple choice.
    If Ratner comes anywhere near the Batman franchise, I'm jumping off a building.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Goyer Blasts Batman 3 Buzz
    Batman Begins screenwriter takes on the rumor mill.
    by Jim Vejvoda

October 8, 2008 - Holy bull****, Batman! That sums up David Goyer's feelings on all the Batman 3 rumors that have been swirling around the 'Net these last few months.

Goyer, who co-wrote the screenplay for Batman Begins and the story for The Dark Knight, informed MTV that "ALL" of the recent rumors regarding Batman 3 are "all B.S."

"Chris [Nolan, the series' director] and I haven't even talked about it. He quite understandably is taking a long, long vacation and wants to purge himself," Goyer said.

Among the recent rumors that have been shot down are reports that pre-production could get under way in Chicago as soon as early 2009 for a summer '09 shoot.

MTV's report comes on the heels of a story last week at IESB, which claimed to have been told by a Warner Bros. executive that "another Batman film is not in pre-production and is not getting ready to shoot. Not at all. We were told this rumor is total BS and that Nolan just got back from vacation and while WB is keen (duh) to make a third film, there has been no immediate conversations with Nolan and that the rumor is totally bogus."

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Batman Webisode.

This ones for you Feeve:

Batman Meets Superman

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

dude, has feev even seen this yet? pm his ass and tell him to get in here. this was great!

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heng Dai

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damnit, I can't see it from my work computer!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome!

"Uh yeah, I just stopped crime - like, all of it."

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nolan on JLA, Batman 3
    Can the director see his Dark Knight in a team-up film?
    by Jim Vejvoda

October 29, 2008 - Warner Bros. intends on producing four DC Comics movies by 2011, including Batman 3. One project that the studio has long kicked around doing -- and almost did this year until it fell apart -- is Justice League of America. The question was whether Batman, as currently realized by director Christopher Nolan and actor Christian Bale, would fit in the more comic booky realm of JLA. Nolan thinks there is a place for Batman in such a movie -- but not his Dark Knight.

"I don't think our Batman, our Gotham [Nolan's emphases], lends itself to that kind of cross-fertilization. It goes back to one of the first things we wrangled with when we first started putting the story together: Is this a world in which comic books already exist? Is this a world in which superheroes already exist?," Nolan told the Los Angeles Times.

He continued, "If you think of Batman Begins and you think of the philosophy of this character trying to reinvent himself as a symbol, we took the position -- we didn't address it directly in the film, but we did take the position philosophically -- that superheroes simply don't exist. If they did, if Bruce [Wayne] knew of Superman or even of comic books, then that's a completely different decision that he's making when he puts on a costume in an attempt to become a symbol. It's a paradox and a conundrum, but what we did is go back to the very original concept and idea of the character. In his first appearances, he invents himself as a totally original creation."

And when asked whether the studio is pressuring him to make a third Bat-film sooner rather than later, Nolan replied, "They're being extremely gracious. I have a very good relationship with the studio. They know that I really needed to go on holiday and take some time to figure what I want to do next. They've been very respectful of that, which is terrific and one of the reasons I enjoy working with Warner Bros."

http://movies.ign.com/articles/892/892656p2.html

That with a mob vs freak war occuring in Gotham. Even if NML was too...gimicky for Nolan, a mob vs freak war is the best way to go. I'd want to see the freaks as: Black Mask, Killer Croc*, and another random freak (an unknown, I think Nolan really likes them).

Killer Croc could be a homeless guy who lives with the other homeless people of Gotham that is pissed off with the mob's stranglehold on the Narrows and the corruption within the GPD. So he riles up the homeless and they start attacking the cops or mob. Cops seems more likely since the mob would be able to mow them down. The inspiration for this kind of Killer Croc comes from the character Mephisto, in Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's novel Reliquary.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Knight Oscar SnuB
    Academy decide score isn't eligible.
    by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, November 13, 2008 - The music for The Dark Knight won't be eligible for an Oscar, according to Variety.

The Academy committee will inform principle composers -- Hans Zimmer and James Newton -- that their score for the movie will be disqualified because too many other people were also listed as composers.

Besides Zimmer and Newton, three others are officially on the credits as "composers" -- music editor Alex Gibson, ambient music designer Mel Wesson and composer Lorne Balfe. For a score to be considered by the academy, over 70-percent has to be attributable to the principle composers.

The score for The Dark Knight was a big factor in its success.
    All involved reportedly signed a document saying this was the case, but the Academy committee was unmoved.

This will disappoint The Dark Knight's legion of fans, who would doubtless like to see the movie's superb, cutting edge score receive some recognition.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is ridiculous. Damn Academy.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast