+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80
Results 1,976 to 1,990 of 1990

Thread: Batman and DC films

Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My favourite part of Joker was the unreliable narrator aspect of the film. Normally it could be a lame Shyamalanian twist, but it's established fairly early on in the film in various ways. First we see Arthur imagining himself on Murray's talk show, which is less about fame and recognition than it is about Arthur's lack of a father figure in life and since Murray is something he shares with his mother, he fantasizes about a family unit. We also see that the scenes with his neighbour were entirely delusional too, a fantasy borne out of his loneliness and need for love in his life; there's also the aspect of her being a single mother, something else that is shown on the seen on the bus where he's trying to entertain the kid, which I think helped draw Arthur to to the idea of her and establishing a family unit. We also learn that his mother was delusional as well and dreamed up an affair with Thomas Wayne so there is a real element of mental illness being passed down much like Hereditary. We also learn that his mother's mother's abusive ways early in Arthur's life resulted in Arthur having a brain injury that resulted in his laughing disorder.

Since we're seeing the entire film from the POV of Arthur and he's delusional and story we've been given from his perspective is show to be fantasy, a case could be made for the entirety of the film to be a delusion while Arthur is in Arkham...though I think it's more a case of figuring out which elements are more likely to be authentic. I would need to watch it again to have a better grasp on what those things could be. Did the lower class of Gotham really see Joker as a hero or was that his way of glorifying his own crime in his mind? Were the Wayne's actually murdered or did he want to wish he could be powerful enough to bring about the deaths of the Gotham power couple? Did he actually appear on Murray and did he actually kill him? The lack of showing him be arrested once he's broken out by his followers begs to question how he got into Arkham...was it for all the murders? Was it just for the subway murders? Did those murders even happen? It's possible he merely got picked up for murdering his mother after learning the truth. Maybe it all really happened and the only delusions were said to be delusions and how he got into Arkham for the end isn't necessary...but the lack of that story tie really made me question everything that came before.

Normally I'd be against such a gimmick, but this is meant to be an origin story, and it's quite possible the maniacal Joker who causes chaos in Gotham was created in Arkham Asylum. Having Joker become the Joker in a literal sense isn't nearly as important as him becoming Joker in a psychological sense.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Manni Folken ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

If he was adopted how could his condition be hereditary from his adoptive mother?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    If he was adopted how could his condition be hereditary from his adoptive mother?
    Because he grew up in her delusion and his condition is a product of her abusive environment. It's more nurture than nature.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Manni Folken ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Aha! I now understand!
    I will buy the DVD and maybe the commentary(ies) will explain some of the hidden(?) meanings in the movie, or else just let us know how cold it was on this or that particular filming day.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Joker fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy

The Batman casts Paul Dano as The Riddler

Filmmaker Matt Reeves has found his Riddler for The Batman. Paul Dano has joined the film as the classic villain, Warner Bros. announced Thursday.

Dano's version of the character will be named Edward Nashton, a departure from the comic books in which he goes by the name Edward Nygma. Frank Gorshin and John Astin played the villain in the 1960s TV series, while Jim Carrey played him in 1995ís Batman Forever, directed by Joel Schumacher.
    AWESOME CHOICE.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Peter Gibbons Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. He's pretty versatile. Intrigued to see what he does with it.
    Peter: "I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N will become famous soon enough M_O_O_N will become famous soon enough M_O_O_N's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    ...Since we're seeing the entire film from the POV of Arthur and he's delusional and story we've been given from his perspective is show to be fantasy, a case could be made for the entirety of the film to be a delusion while Arthur is in Arkham...

I saw the movie yesterday. I believe it is delusions within delusions within a delusion. The very last scene in the hallway shows us whose delusion it is.

Spoiler:
    Ours.
    There are no coincidences.

I don't like rep points! -
    Please use the 'I disapprove' option for me. (seriously)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Joker fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy

The Rock though?.... really?.... :/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He's been championing Black Adam for like a decade, yeah.

My Mood
    Sleepy

Yeah but that doesn't mean he's the best fit for the role. I just can't stand him and his "acting". He's the main reason I've stayed away from... well, anything he does really.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a name known to all DanHocker is a name known to all DanHocker is a name known to all DanHocker is a name known to all DanHocker is a name known to all DanHocker is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yeah but that doesn't mean he's the best fit for the role. I just can't stand him and his "acting". He's the main reason I've stayed away from... well, anything he does really.
    I think he's fine, I just can't see him playing a villain, and I don't want to see Black Adam turned into a good guy or a anti hero. He's a villain and should continue to be one.

Goldmember webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I think he's fine, I just can't see him playing a villain, and I don't want to see Black Adam turned into a good guy or a anti hero. He's a villain and should continue to be one.
    THE ROCK TILL NOT PLAY A VILLIAN. Something to do with his kids... or some shit. Member Rampage? Well Rock walked away from the script and was going to be sued by the filmmakers because they killed the ape at the end. He said he would not do it and it was sad. He made them change the final script to what it was when the ape lived. I am saying this now.. Black Adam will be a bad guy to start... then will become good. I am saying it now... only cause Rock is attached.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a name known to all DanHocker is a name known to all DanHocker is a name known to all DanHocker is a name known to all DanHocker is a name known to all DanHocker is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    THE ROCK TILL NOT PLAY A VILLIAN. Something to do with his kids... or some shit. Member Rampage? Well Rock walked away from the script and was going to be sued by the filmmakers because they killed the ape at the end. He said he would not do it and it was sad. He made them change the final script to what it was when the ape lived. I am saying this now.. Black Adam will be a bad guy to start... then will become good. I am saying it now... only cause Rock is attached.
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised. That said I also wouldn't be surprised if this movie never got made either (even though there's a release date attached now).

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80