Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 102 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2550

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sooooooo it looks like Idris Elba will be replacing Will Smith as Deadshot in Suicide Squad 2

Idris Elba is joining the squad. Sources tell Variety that Elba is Warner Bros. choice to replace Will Smith as Deadshot in the “Suicide Squad” sequel.

Smith had to bow out of the upcoming DC Comics movie due to scheduling conflicts, and the studio moved fast to find another proven A-lister to replace him before production starts in September.

It’s currently unknown who will be joining Elba in the sequel, though many believe Margot Robbie will return as Harley Quinn. James Gun was tapped to write and direct the film. The release date is currently set for Aug. 6, 2021.

The original “Suicide Squad” — starring Smith, Jared Leto, Robbie — became a massive box office sensation when it hit theaters in 2016, grossing $746 million worldwide.

Elba is also starring in the upcoming Netflix series “Turn Up Charlie,” which bows this spring. Ahead of “Suicide Squad 2,” he will appear on the big screen for “The Fast and the Furious” spinoff “Hobbs and Shaw” alongside Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham, as well as Universal and Tom Hooper’s “Cats” adaptation with Taylor Swift, James Corden, and Jennifer Hudson.
    Source.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Idris Elba is playing a character that shoots guns inhumanly fast and accurate? Hmm... sounds familiar.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Idris Elba is playing a character that shoots guns inhumanly fast and accurate? Hmm... sounds familiar.
    Yeah but now he’s missing an eye instead of fingers. Tooootally different

“They have the Big Mac. We have the Big Mick!”

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Yeah but now he’s missing an eye instead of fingers. Tooootally different

“They have the Big Mac. We have the Big Mick!”
    To this day I still go to McDonald's and call the Big Mac a Big Mick instead.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

https://batman-news.com/2019/03/12/d...-trilogy-imax/
    There’s a lot of events planned for Batman’s 80th anniversary, but this may be the one the most people can partake in.

Warner Bros. announced on Tuesday that Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy would be returning to IMAX theaters for limited showings to celebrate the 80th anniversary. As Nolan did shoot portions of the films with IMAX equipment, this will be quite a treat to those who missed it the first time around, or just want to see it again.

The return engagement kicks off in Los Angeles on March 30 – Batman’s actual 80th anniversary – and will include a Q&A session with Christopher Nolan. The event will take place at the Universal Cinema AMC at CityWalk in Universal City. The screenings will then continue with New York on April 13 at the AMC Lincoln Square, then the AMC Metreon in San Francisco, the Cinesphere Ontario Place in Toronto, and the Indiana State Museum in Indianapolis. All events not in Los Angeles will include footage from the Q&A session.

The screenings will be presented in 70mm IMAX.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooohh! I live like 20 minutes from Universal City Walk. I'll try and see if I can snag some tickets.

Country
    Country Flag

I just read that the new Suicide Squad movie will be a reboot rather than a sequel. One of the comments on the story (which I completely agree with):

DC should just take a break from making anything until they can figure out what they're doing besides making everything a confusing and convoluted mess

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it'll be what the industry refers to nowadays as a "soft" reboot; meaning not a complete overhaul, but there will be certain elements from the original that will be omitted moving forward.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I have no issue with that. The Snyderverse, as much as I enjoyed it, did not work, so they need to change lanes. That's okay. We're used to reboots and multiverses in comics. In fact, it can be argued that every DC movie and TV show exists in the same multiverse, since The Arrowverse already referenced directly the 1990 Flash series. It's not too much of a leap to have the DC multiverse include multiple realities with different Suicide Squads. And they've been talking about not necessarily connecting everything, at least not initially.

Also:

Country
    Country Flag

Shazam is getting incredible reviews. Cannot wait!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm always wary of advanced reviews, but this film has all of the right ingredients to be hugely successful.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I haven't had high hopes for this movie since it was announced. This trailer didn't change my mind.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't had high hopes for this movie since it was announced. This trailer didn't change my mind.
    YOUR KIDDING. This looks brilliant. The trailer blew me away... a dark, different take and I am so excited now. You really thought that was bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Dammit. I never knew what to think about the Joker movie. I thought it sounded interesting enough, and I like Jouioieytxbdidhevsnfon Phoenix as an actor a lot. Gladiator is my favorite movie, Her is in my top 50, etc.

But I will not be seeing this in theaters.

And I can't remember a time when I DIDN'T see a DC/Marvel movie in a theater.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I actually think it looks great, though totally unnecessary.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The trailer was lackluster BUT, I still have high hopes for the Phoenix/Todd Phillips tandem. I think this will end up being a pleasant surprise for 2019.

Country
    Country Flag

Keep in mind it's a teaser. Also, they're not going for Ledger, but more of a '70s Scorsese feel, like Taxi Driver.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Keep in mind it's a teaser. Also, they're not going for Ledger, but more of a '70s Scorsese feel, like Taxi Driver.
    Which is the right move, and also kinda why we ended up with "Damaged" Joker. You can't really try to copy what Ledger did, as it'll just feel like a imitation.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm very lenient on virtually all aspects of different directors' interpretations of the Joker - the one constant that he needs to have is criminal genius. His unpredictability and intellect must rival the strength Batman's detective skills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 102 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast