Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 102 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2548

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I guess it's officially official:

https://uproxx.com/hitfix/ben-afflec...tman-superman/
    The most recent news about the restructuring of the DCEU after Justice League earned less than expected came late Monday afternoon, when Variety reported a delay in the Flash’s standalone movie. Buried among the news about The Flash was a confirmation of what has long been rumored: Warner no longer requires the services of Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill as Batman and Superman.

The studio is not moving forward with Batman and Superman movies featuring Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, respectively. It is expected to recast the Dark Knight with a different actor.

They don’t say anything about recasting Henry Cavill (and there’s much confusion around whether or not he’s really done with the role), but they may have only mentioned recasting Batman because there’s no Superman movie in production whereas Matt Reeves’ The Batman is still in the works, with longstanding rumors that Reeves would cast a younger Batman. Meanwhile, casting rumors have gone around about Jake Gyllenhaal and Jon Hamm and others, with nothing much coming from those.

Rumors about Ben Affleck leaving the role have been swirling for a long, long, long time, and Affleck himself even said during the Justice League press tour that he wanted to “find a graceful and cool way to segue out of it.”

So it seems all the contradicting rumors are finally being laid to rest like so many versions of Thomas and Martha Wayne. But who knows? There’s nothing in the rule book that says Warner can’t cast Ben Affleck as Superman and Henry Cavill as Batman. Just really mess with our heads. Go nuts. Hell, go rated R and have everybody hang dong.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post

The most recent news about the restructuring of the DCEU after Justice League earned less than expected came late Monday afternoon, when Variety reported a delay in the Flash’s standalone movie. Buried among the news about The Flash was a confirmation of what has long been rumored: Warner no longer requires the services of Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill as Batman and Superman.

The studio is not moving forward with Batman and Superman movies featuring Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, respectively. It is expected to recast the Dark Knight with a different actor.

They don’t say anything about recasting Henry Cavill (and there’s much confusion around whether or not he’s really done with the role), but they may have only mentioned recasting Batman because there’s no Superman movie in production whereas Matt Reeves’ The Batman is still in the works, with longstanding rumors that Reeves would cast a younger Batman. Meanwhile, casting rumors have gone around about Jake Gyllenhaal and Jon Hamm and others, with nothing much coming from those.

Rumors about Ben Affleck leaving the role have been swirling for a long, long, long time, and Affleck himself even said during the Justice League press tour that he wanted to “find a graceful and cool way to segue out of it.”

So it seems all the contradicting rumors are finally being laid to rest like so many versions of Thomas and Martha Wayne. But who knows? There’s nothing in the rule book that says Warner can’t cast Ben Affleck as Superman and Henry Cavill as Batman. Just really mess with our heads. Go nuts. Hell, go rated R and have everybody hang dong.
    Disappointing end to a disappointing run. This is usually when WB will try to act like this actually a good thing and start overhyping what little pieces of good news they have i.e. “we have such a full slate planned for 2022!”

Also, and I’m sure she already did before starting WW84, but if I’m Gal Gadot I’m not touching that golden lasso again until she gets Robert Downey money and then some bc she is literally all they have at this point

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post

Disappointing end to a disappointing run. This is usually when WB will try to act like this actually a good thing and start overhyping what little pieces of good news they have i.e. “we have such a full slate planned for 2022!”

Also, and I’m sure she already did before starting WW84, but if I’m Gal Gadot I’m not touching that golden lasso again until she gets Robert Downey money and then some bc she is literally all they have at this point

I literally weep for the DCU............................................... .................................................. .......................... I think I know how to save it though.

Spoiler:
    Rename the DCU to the MCU!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

If the WW84/Flashpoint rumor that Grace Randolph talks about above is true or close to the truth, we will have an all-new DCEU in the '20s.

Also:

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The question here is... will this (Aquaman) be good or not? I am saying not... I just dont think it will be. I am betting under 50% for Rotten Tomatoes.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

And yes, that's the official full title. Love it!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The question here is... will this (Aquaman) be good or not? I am saying not... I just dont think it will be. I am betting under 50% for Rotten Tomatoes.
    What are you basing that on, though? From all the previews, especially that Behind the scene package, it's looking awesome. Plus anything underwater and I'm in. Anything sci-fi and underwater, oh boy! The Abyss is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    What are you basing that on, though? From all the previews, especially that Behind the scene package, it's looking awesome. Plus anything underwater and I'm in. Anything sci-fi and underwater, oh boy! The Abyss is one of my favorite movies of all time.
    The previews. They are horrible... Abyss was great.. yes. This, I am worried! Not to mention the only thing he has been enjoyable in was GOT. He was my least fav in the Justice League movie too.. well him or Cyborg. Hey.. I PRAY it is good as I would really like to see some good DC stuff ... but have very low expectations.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

That's fair. I hope you go with an open mind and enjoy it as an adventure movie, don't think of it as a continuation of Justice League, because it's not. In fact, they are pretty much retconning everything except Wonder Woman, I feel like with their movies over the next few years.

Country
    Country Flag

That's fair. I hope you go with an open mind and enjoy it as an adventure movie, don't think of it as a continuation of Justice League, because it's not. In fact, they are pretty much retconning everything except Wonder Woman, I feel like with their movies over the next few years.
    I agree. With Cavil gone and Afleck... who knows? I think if DC was smart... they would do a whole Fashforward arc with Flash. Do a whole sleu of movies with new characters... (like a Phase 1) and then recast them again for another Flashforward... then at the end of a phase 3 or 4... bring back the originals for a movie to tie it all together. Could be amazing if done right. I see every comic movie in theaters... I always have open mind and hope for the best. Comics and farm life were my childhood...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Let me correct myself, they're retconning everything except Wonder Woman and Harley, the two characters they knocked out of the park.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don’t think Flash is a retcon either although they’ve been threatening us with a Flash flick for at least 5 years now. Game of thrones book 6 will probably arrive before Flashpoint

Country
    Country Flag

So the word is that Aquaman is awesome as was expected:

https://batman-news.com/2018/11/26/a...ial-reactions/

Country
    Country Flag

So the word is that Aquaman is awesome as was expected:

https://batman-news.com/2018/11/26/a...ial-reactions/
    I NEVER listen to these. BUT we shall see...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

As someone who's loved all of the DCEU movies (except Suicide Squad) I am biased. I think the trailers for this look great. It does look like a big CGI fest, but then again all of these super hero movies are. As far as Jason Momoa goes, I can't say I've seen another movie with him in it, but I liked him in Justice League, Game of Thrones (though there really wasn't much there in GOT), and Stargate Atlantis.

Country
    Country Flag

The Harley and Ivy comic is great and the two are actually married now in canon (based on an Injustice 2 comic) so I hope this happens:

https://geektyrant.com/news/margot-r...the-big-screen
    Margot Robbie has got a few DC projects in development right now involving Harley Quinn, but the one that is going to get made first is Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn).

Birds of Prey is going to bring together several DC female characters such as Huntress, Black Canary, Cassandra Cain, and more. But, there’s one character that she would love to see team up with Harley Quinn, and that character is Poison Ivy.

As you know, Harley and Poison Ivy have had a long an interesting relationship with each other over the years in the comics and Robbie is hoping to bring their story to the big screen one day. When asked about it in an interview with Pride Source, she said:

“Yeah. If you read the comics you know that Poison Ivy and Harley have an intimate relationship. In some comics they convey it as a friendship; in other comics you can see that they're actually sexually involved as a couple. I've been trying to -- I would love to have Poison Ivy thrown into the universe, because the Harley and Poison Ivy relationship is one of my favorite aspects of the comics, so I'm looking to explore that on screen.”

I imagine that the film project where Poison Ivy will be introduced to the DC cinematic universe will be Gotham City Sirens, which is currently being developed by Suicide Squad director David Ayer. We just have no idea when Warner Bros. plans on moving forward with that film.

As least we know that Robbie is looking forward to exploring the character at some point. The relationship between Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy began in Batman: The Animated Series when they end up trying to rob the same place. The two end up becoming friends after Harley breaks up with The Joker and the rest is history.

Country
    Country Flag

https://batman-news.com/2018/11/29/w...-beetle-movie/
    Warner Bros. is reportedly in development on a film version of Jaime Reyes’ Blue Beetle. How far into development the film has made it remains unknown, but Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer has been brought on to write the screenplay. He most recently wrote the upcoming Scarface reboot for Universal, and the Miss Bala remake for Sony Pictures.

It’s notable here that Warner Bros. is focusing on Jaime Reyes, the third individual to take up the mantle of Blue Beetle. He debuted in the comics in Infinite Crisis #5 in 2006. The original Blue Beetle, Dan Garrett, served as the inspiration for Night Owl in the Watchman comics, but this is a version that has actually been grafted with extraterrestrial armor from a scarab that now resides at the base of his spine.

No word on a timeline for this production, but it’s one we’ll be following with intense interest.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Big DC news day!

https://batman-news.com/2019/01/31/d...-release-date/
    Amongst all of the news on Wednesday night of Ben Affleck retiring as Batman, and The Suicide Squad on its way, a new animated film got lost in the shuffle. DC Super Pets will be hitting screens on May 21, 2021.

DC Super Pets will be headed up by directors Jared Stern and Sam Levine, with Patty Hicks serving as producer. The story will use the series of children’s books from Capstone Publishers as the source material. The books also inspired a series of shorts on Cartoon Network.

The lineup of super pets is set to include Batman’s dog, Ace the Bat-Hound; Superman’s dog, Krypto; and Supergirl’s car, Streaky.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 102 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast