Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 102 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2550

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have this image in my mind of Phoenix looking like Brian Azarello's Joker

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Both of these trailers look great.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Both of these trailers look great.
    Loved Aquaman.. BUT I thought the Shzamm looked silly. Best trailer than came out of Comic Con was hands down GLASS. LOVED THAT.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mera's amazing red hair wins everything!

Also:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Loved Aquaman.. BUT I thought the Shzamm looked silly.
    That's sort of the point. I loved it, it's Big meets Superman.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Exactly. It's kinda what the DCEU needs. It'll be their version of something like Guardians of the Galaxy or Thor Ragnarok. A Superhero / Comedy. The only thing I worry about with Aquaman is the excessive amounts of CGI they are gonna have to use.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Momoa should be a good Aquaman; he was great in The Red Road (can really act) and, of course, he's got the superhero build.
    Eastasia has always provided Drag Queen Story Hour to young children.

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. It's kinda what the DCEU needs. It'll be their version of something like Guardians of the Galaxy or Thor Ragnarok. A Superhero / Comedy.
    It's more of DC's version of Spider-Man: Homecoming, I feel like.

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. It's kinda what the DCEU needs. It'll be their version of something like Guardians of the Galaxy or Thor Ragnarok. A Superhero / Comedy.
    It's more of DC's version of Spider-Man: Homecoming, I feel like.
    Maybe, seems like it's gonna be more comedic than Spider-Man: Homecoming was. Hard to say though, we really haven't seen much.

Country
    Country Flag

Good interview here about that:

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Aquaman looks horrible. These DC films don't appeal to me in the slightest. Not even the slightest inkling to see them.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

That's a shame... I love underwater movies (The Abyss is one of my all-time favorites) so I am so there opening weekend for Aquaman!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I can hold out hope for a good Batman movie at some point the rest of my life.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

My problem is that the DCU seems to be such a convoluted mess. It seems to me they should've released the Aquaman movie before Justice League so that people like me that have never read any of the comics would have some sort of background on the character.

Now with the new Joker movie coming out with Joaquin Phoenix, they've had almost as many different actors playing the Joker as they've had playing Batman.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Aquaman looks horrible. These DC films don't appeal to me in the slightest. Not even the slightest inkling to see them.
    I didn’t think it looked horrible at all. I’m gonna see it. BUT I am willing to bet it gets shit reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    My problem is that the DCU seems to be such a convoluted mess. It seems to me they should've released the Aquaman movie before Justice League so that people like me that have never read any of the comics would have some sort of background on the character.

Now with the new Joker movie coming out with Joaquin Phoenix, they've had almost as many different actors playing the Joker as they've had playing Batman.
    I'm still not convinced that movie is actually happening. I think maybe I'll believe it when they start shooting or we get a trailer. Until then I just don't see or understand how there can be a Joker movie.

That said I like the overarching idea behind the Joker movie. As I understand it, it's kinda like a "else worlds" movie. I don't think it's supposed to be in the main cannon. I actually wish Marvel would do some stuff like that. Not every movie has to tie back into The Avengers.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

They did rush it. I'm not a fan at all of the first 5 years of the MCU, but at least they took the time to establish most of the key players. Half of the Justice League was introduced during Justice League. They should've taken it slower, wrote some better scripts, made sure the films were higher quality, and took it slow...it would've turned out better for them. It's sad when their 'avengers' did that poorly at the box office. When you think IT beat it by what...45 million OW?

They did rush it. I'm not a fan at all of the first 5 years of the MCU, but at least they took the time to establish most of the key players. Half of the Justice League was introduced during Justice League. They should've taken it slower, wrote some better scripts, made sure the films were higher quality, and took it slow...it would've turned out better for them. It's sad when their 'avengers' did that poorly at the box office. When you think IT beat it by what...45 million OW?
    To be fair here. Justice League didn't do bad at the box office. $229 mil domestically is not a bad take. It still brought in more money than most of the movies that came out last year. The problem is that our idea of what these superhero movies should do is skewed so highly by how extrordinarily successful Avengers and the Marvel movies have been.

I'm not gonna defend Justice League's quality though. I had fun with it, but the movie as a whole was a mess. I don't really think that was a fault of the lack of leadup though. Mostly I think it was a "too many cooks" situation. You have 2 different directors, a number of rewrites, and if rumor is to be believed a ton of studio executive interference. That just tends to lead to poor results.

As far as the movies themselves go, I liked Man of Steel and Wonder Woman a lot. BvS I think was good, but kinda had too many sub plots going on. Suicide Squad was trash, and Justice League was decidedly mediocre. The movie really suffered from a bland "end of the world" villain more than anything else.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To be fair here. Justice League didn't do bad at the box office. $229 mil domestically is not a bad take. It still brought in more money than most of the movies that came out last year. The problem is that our idea of what these superhero movies should do is skewed so highly by how extrordinarily successful Avengers and the Marvel movies have been.

I'm not gonna defend Justice League's quality though. I had fun with it, but the movie as a whole was a mess. I don't really think that was a fault of the lack of leadup though. Mostly I think it was a "too many cooks" situation. You have 2 different directors, a number of rewrites, and if rumor is to be believed a ton of studio executive interference. That just tends to lead to poor results.

As far as the movies themselves go, I liked Man of Steel and Wonder Woman a lot. BvS I think was good, but kinda had too many sub plots going on. Suicide Squad was trash, and Justice League was decidedly mediocre. The movie really suffered from a bland "end of the world" villain more than anything else.
    It's really kind of a shame too. DC has some of the oldest and most beloved comic characters IMHO. If only all the subsequent DC films had the same standards as Nolan's Batman films, sigh.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Justice League was a box office mess. It barely made them any money. Budget plus Prints and Advertising - theatre take = almost no profit...they might have even lost money. Your big group superhero movie, your Avengers, shouldn't make less than your lesser movies. And it most definitely shouldn't be your lowest grossing film in a franchise.

Batman v Superman: 330 domestic; 873M worldwide
    Wonder Woman: 412M domestic; 821M worldwide
    Suicide Squad: 325 domestic; 746M worldwide
    Man of Steel: 291M domestic; 668M worldwide

Justice League: 229M domestic; 657M worldwide

The varied directors, studio interference etc, is just another facet of Warner Brothers mucking it up. They rushed it, they had creative differences, they interfered, rewrote scripts...that's just poor. The MCU has released 21 films and never fired a director during actual production or brought in another director to do reshoots. Warner Brothers and Lucasfilm need to sort their stuff out, because they're literally destroying their own chances. And dwindling box office returns, poor critical reviews (Wonder Woman aside), and audiences that just don't care...that's not good.

Justice League was a box office mess. It barely made them any money. Budget plus Prints and Advertising - theatre take = almost no profit...they might have even lost money. Your big group superhero movie, your Avengers, shouldn't make less than your lesser movies. And it most definitely shouldn't be your lowest grossing film in a franchise.

Batman v Superman: 330 domestic; 873M worldwide
    Wonder Woman: 412M domestic; 821M worldwide
    Suicide Squad: 325 domestic; 746M worldwide
    Man of Steel: 291M domestic; 668M worldwide

Justice League: 229M domestic; 657M worldwide

The varied directors, studio interference etc, is just another facet of Warner Brothers mucking it up. They rushed it, they had creative differences, they interfered, rewrote scripts...that's just poor. The MCU has released 21 films and never fired a director during actual production or brought in another director to do reshoots. Warner Brothers and Lucasfilm need to sort their stuff out, because they're literally destroying their own chances. And dwindling box office returns, poor critical reviews (Wonder Woman aside), and audiences that just don't care...that's not good.
    I'm not really disagreeing here. That said if you look at other superhero movies released in November, you'll find the box office take fairly similar. It's not really good enough for what should be your big tent pole movie, but give the reception of BvS and the release date it's not surprising.

I'm not really sure I can get behind your inclusion of Lucasfilm here though. They've only bombed one movie so far, and it really wasn't the fault of the movie itself. Solo was "fine" it was great, it was bad. It's poor performance comes down to bad marketing, and even worse positioning. There's no way that movie should've been soo close to Deadpool 2 and Infinity War. They should've shoved it in the winter time like they did with Rouge One. Say what you will about The Last Jedi, that movie still crushed it at the box office.

Also while maybe not during actual filming Marvel did fire Edgar Wright about as close to actual filming as it could be. Also for what it's worth they didn't fire Zack Snyder. Zack Snyder stepped down because his son died and he and his wife need time to cope with that and be with family.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 102 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast