Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 102 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2548

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I'm surprised nobody seems impressed with Batman Ninja. Or just not anime fans? It looks so cool!
    I think it looks interesting, but they are using this new CGI hybrid anime style that's used in some or the newer animes and it just doesn't look as good as the non cgi stuff.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    Of course! I mean...I guess I can just...list them? I'll stick to DC since this is the DC thread.

Superman
    Superman II
    Batman
    Batman Returns
    Batman Begins
    V for Vendetta
    Constantine
    Wonder Woman
    Justice League

Pretty sure that covers most of the ones I really like off the top of my head.
    I can Pretty much agree with that. Though personally I'm not particularly a fan of the Christopher Reeves Superman era. And looking back on Batman Returns, that movie is a hot mess (writing wise). My top comic book movies ( in no particular order) has a lot of overlaps.

In no particular order.

Iron Man
    Captain America: Winter Soldier
    Batman
    Batman Begins
    The Dark Knight
    V for Vendetta
    Logan
    Deadpool
    Kick Ass
    Scott Pilgrim (I don't think this movie gets enough credit)

Wonder Woman gets just squeezed out of the top for me and so does Avengers and Gaurdians of the Galaxy.
    Well, if we are going to go straight top 10 comic book/graphic novel movie favorites...well, I'd seriously have to sit down and consider that. I have a lot of x = y = z type love for movies so narrowing down to a top x-amount list is hard for me.

But, some of my other favorites are:

Dredd
    Blade
    Sin City
    Hellboy
    The original Thor and the 3rd Thor
    Deadpool
    Logan
    Spiderman Homecoming
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Iron Man
    Kick Ass
    Red Sonja (Don't care that it's horrible, love it anyway)
    ETC ETC ETC
    LOOK WHAT YOU DID!

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with Dan...some of this new-fangled computer animation is really not my cup of tea sometimes. It seems like every new anime Netflix produces is computer animated and most of the time its just really lacking in the visually pleasing department. I was very happy to see that the Castlevania anime was mostly hand drawn (and Voltron as well) because that's becoming some kind of lost art.

That being said, Batman Ninja looks fantastic. lol

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

(Wrong thread but) Hey someone else is a Thor fan! I thought most people found it boring.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Of course! I mean...I guess I can just...list them? I'll stick to DC since this is the DC thread.

Superman
    Superman II
    Batman
    Batman Returns
    Batman Begins
    V for Vendetta
    Constantine
    Wonder Woman
    Justice League

Pretty sure that covers most of the ones I really like off the top of my head.
    I can Pretty much agree with that. Though personally I'm not particularly a fan of the Christopher Reeves Superman era. And looking back on Batman Returns, that movie is a hot mess (writing wise). My top comic book movies ( in no particular order) has a lot of overlaps.

In no particular order.

Iron Man
    Captain America: Winter Soldier
    Batman
    Batman Begins
    The Dark Knight
    V for Vendetta
    Logan
    Deadpool
    Kick Ass
    Scott Pilgrim (I don't think this movie gets enough credit)

Wonder Woman gets just squeezed out of the top for me and so does Avengers and Gaurdians of the Galaxy.
    Well, if we are going to go straight top 10 comic book/graphic novel movie favorites...well, I'd seriously have to sit down and consider that. I have a lot of x = y = z type love for movies so narrowing down to a top x-amount list is hard for me.

But, some of my other favorites are:

Dredd
    Blade
    Sin City
    Hellboy
    The original Thor and the 3rd Thor
    Deadpool
    Logan
    Spiderman Homecoming
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Iron Man
    Kick Ass
    Red Sonja (Don't care that it's horrible, love it anyway)
    ETC ETC ETC
    LOOK WHAT YOU DID!
    Oh god I totally forgot about Dredd and Hellboy. How I could forget about Hellboy is really beyond me, since it's my favorite actual comic book.

I'm with Dan...some of this new-fangled computer animation is really not my cup of tea sometimes. It seems like every new anime Netflix produces is computer animated and most of the time its just really lacking in the visually pleasing department. I was very happy to see that the Castlevania anime was mostly hand drawn (and Voltron as well) because that's becoming some kind of lost art.

That being said, Batman Ninja looks fantastic. lol
    There's some it really works well on, (Samurai 7), but most it looks really bad on (the new Berserk).

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you watch the new Berserk, Dan?? I haven't bothered with it...because I just can't imagine it being any good. But I'm willing to give it a shot if it's even half way decent. (also, sorry, totally off topic, I'll do my best to keep it at a minimum)

Did you watch the new Berserk, Dan?? I haven't bothered with it...because I just can't imagine it being any good. But I'm willing to give it a shot if it's even half way decent. (also, sorry, totally off topic, I'll do my best to keep it at a minimum)
    No I didn't bother with it, because I heard it was awful. I've just seen some clips of it and the CGI looks just terrible. For the most part with anime my tastes fall in the 90's / early 2000's. I also try to avoid ongoing series and only watch stuff that is confirmed to be done, or is just a movie or OVA.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

No I didn't bother with it, because I heard it was awful. I've just seen some clips of it and the CGI looks just terrible. For the most part with anime my tastes fall in the 90's / early 2000's. I also try to avoid ongoing series and only watch stuff that is confirmed to be done, or is just a movie or OVA.
    I kind of figured it would be complete crap. I have heard a few details about the plot and I think I'm most upset about Casca and how her character is now. I mean, I get it, she's broken and nearly insane and for good reason, but I loved her in the original anime. And it's just one of those horribly depressing stories that just seems to get worse as it goes along. Unless something good happens to Guts or Casca at this point, I think I'll just avoid it.

My anime tastes are all over the board. I love some of the dramatic stuff, some of the uber violent stuff, I love some of the fan service-y stuff, and I love the funny stuff...so I'm willing to sit down and watch a few episodes of most anything IF I like the way the animation looks. A good story will rarely save poor animation.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/10/d...vies-upcoming/
    Today at Comic Con Experience 2017 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Warner Bros. revealed its upcoming movies coming from DC Films.

The state of the DC Extended Universe has been a question on the minds of many fans following the underwhelming performance of Justice League at the box office, but the title cards shown during the Warner Bros. presentation suggest that the studio is moving full steam ahead with its previous plans.

Warner Bros. began by referencing its biggest DC Comics success so far, Wonder Woman, by showing a title card for the Wonder Woman sequel that showed the logo flanked by Roman columns. There was no “2” in the title, suggesting Wonder Woman 2 may not be the film’s official title.

Additionally, the title card for Aquaman was shown. Aquaman will be the next DC Extended Universe movie out of the gate, arriving in 2018.

The title card for Flashpoint was shown, indicating that DC Films is moving forward with plans to turn The Flash film into an event. That was followed by Justice League Dark, suggesting progress is still being made towards bringing the mystical side of the DC Universe to live-action.

Suicide Squad 2 was teased with a title card, as well as the upcoming Batgirl movie, Shazam, Green Lantern Corps, and The Batman.

Conspicuously absent from the list was the previously announced Cyborg movie, as well as the second Justice League movie. There was also no mention of any other of the Suicide Squad spinoff movies – Gotham City Sirens, the Harley Quinn solo movie, the Harley and Joker team-up movie, and the rumored Deadshot solo were all absent.

The villain-centric Black Adam and Deathstroke movies were also absent from the list, as was the solo Joker movie, though that film will not be a part of the DC Extended Universe, which may explain its absence.

Justice League is now playing in theaters. The film will be followed in the DC Extended Universe by Aquaman on December 21, 2018, Wonder Woman 2 on November 1, 2019, Shazam on April 5, 2019, Cyborg in 2020, and Green Lantern Corps in 2020.

Country
    Country Flag

Truth:

Think I'll break out my blu-ray this weekend

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Some nice discussion and updates with the recent shuffling and semi-announcements for forthcoming DC movies:

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that we know for sure Batfleck is exiting soon, I hope DC decides to introduce Batman Beyond. I want a sci fi, futuristic take on the Bat.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Some additional tidbits for ya................................................ .........

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I rewatched Justice League a few days ago, and I enjoyed it even more this time.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced critics overreacted to this one. Also Steppenwolf's voice is fucking awesome.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I rewatched Justice League a few days ago, and I enjoyed it even more this time.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced critics overreacted to this one. Also Steppenwolf's voice is fucking awesome.
    TOTALLY AGREE. I loved it so much more the second time. STILL hate how they handled Superman... but damm I love Ben A as Batman... I will miss him
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I think this will be super fun:

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

TOTALLY AGREE. I loved it so much more the second time. STILL hate how they handled Superman... but damm I love Ben A as Batman... I will miss him
    I just watched Justice League for the first time and was so disappointed. A few good moments, but overall, it's so visually dark, it's as if the are trying to hide the less than stellar cg effects. This movie reminded me why I love Marvel movies so much. I enjoyed the newest Infinity War trailer better than this entire movie. DC really blew it in the way they approached the whole concept. The stand alone Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg movies should have come first. I really enjoyed Flash - I wish he were the whole movie. 6/10 for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 102 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast