Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 102 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2548

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Love it. All of it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b063b253176561
    Women and girls were thrilled to see themselves reflected in a superhero when “Wonder Woman” premiered this summer.

Now an LGBTQ activist wants the same.

A Change.org petition has been launched to make Diana bisexual in the film’s 2019 sequel.

Gianna Collier-Pitts, who was a 2017 campus ambassador for GLAAD at New York University, launched a Change.org petition to make Diana bisexual in the film’s 2019 sequel.

In it, Collier-Pitts writes that “representation is power.”

“Some of you may be thinking that this specificity doesn’t make a difference,” she wrote. “But for people like me who rarely see themselves reflected in media, believe me. It does.”

Last year, Greg Rucka, a “Wonder Woman” comic writer confirmed that Diana was bisexual. The admission wasn’t much of a surprise, however, considering that the character’s origin story takes place on the female-only island of Themyscira. Rucka told Comicosity:

“It’s supposed to be paradise. You’re supposed to be able to live happily. You’re supposed to be able — in a context where one can live happily, and part of what an individual needs for that happiness is to have a partner — to have a fulfilling, romantic and sexual relationship. And the only options are women.”

He continued: “Now, are we saying Diana has been in love and had relationships with other women? The answer is obviously yes.”

Collier-Pitts sites Rucka’s comments in her petition and asks: “Why is it so hard to translate this for the silver screen?”

She describes the struggle of coming to terms with her own sexuality when there was a lack of positive representation of in pop culture. “We are oversexualized and underrepresented,” she wrote. “We are called greedy, dishonest, and confused.”

She added: “Making Wonder Woman canonically bisexual on the big screen would make her the first openly LGBTQ superhero of any gender from either DC or Marvel’s cinematic universes, and would solidify her place as a true role model for women of all ages and identities.”

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b063b253176561
    Women and girls were thrilled to see themselves reflected in a superhero when “Wonder Woman” premiered this summer.

Now an LGBTQ activist wants the same.

A Change.org petition has been launched to make Diana bisexual in the film’s 2019 sequel.

Gianna Collier-Pitts, who was a 2017 campus ambassador for GLAAD at New York University, launched a Change.org petition to make Diana bisexual in the film’s 2019 sequel.

In it, Collier-Pitts writes that “representation is power.”

“Some of you may be thinking that this specificity doesn’t make a difference,” she wrote. “But for people like me who rarely see themselves reflected in media, believe me. It does.”

Last year, Greg Rucka, a “Wonder Woman” comic writer confirmed that Diana was bisexual. The admission wasn’t much of a surprise, however, considering that the character’s origin story takes place on the female-only island of Themyscira. Rucka told Comicosity:

“It’s supposed to be paradise. You’re supposed to be able to live happily. You’re supposed to be able — in a context where one can live happily, and part of what an individual needs for that happiness is to have a partner — to have a fulfilling, romantic and sexual relationship. And the only options are women.”

He continued: “Now, are we saying Diana has been in love and had relationships with other women? The answer is obviously yes.”

Collier-Pitts sites Rucka’s comments in her petition and asks: “Why is it so hard to translate this for the silver screen?”

She describes the struggle of coming to terms with her own sexuality when there was a lack of positive representation of in pop culture. “We are oversexualized and underrepresented,” she wrote. “We are called greedy, dishonest, and confused.”

She added: “Making Wonder Woman canonically bisexual on the big screen would make her the first openly LGBTQ superhero of any gender from either DC or Marvel’s cinematic universes, and would solidify her place as a true role model for women of all ages and identities.”
    I feel like they made a joke about that already in this Wonder Woman movie. In the boat scene when they where leaving Themyscira. I can't remember the exact line though. That said, change.org petitions are probably the most pointless thing ever. I can't think of a single significant thing that was changed because of a change.org petition.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...sant-interview
    You’ve just been in London recording the score for Justice League. It’s been 28 years since you scored Batman. What was it like going back into the DC universe?

It was great. It was like I never left because I’m using the same thematic material that I used back then. It never actually went away [Laughs.] It just was great fun.

There are a few little fan moments. I instated a moment of the Wonder Woman theme that Hans Zimmer did for Batman Vs. Superman, but I also had two minutes where I had the pleasure of saying, “Let’s do John Williams’ Superman.” and that for me was heaven, because now I have a melody to twist, and I’m using it in an actually very dark way, in a dark moment. It’s the kind of thing that some fans will notice. Some won’t. It’s a moment where we’re really not sure whose side he’s on.

The people at DC are starting to understand we’ve got these iconic bits from our past and that’s part of us, that’s part of our heritage -- we shouldn’t run away from that. Contemporary thinking is, every time they reboot something, you have to start completely from scratch -- which, of course, audiences will tell us again and again, is bullshit. Because the single-most surviving and loved theme in the world is Star Wars, which they had the good sense to not dump for the reboots. And every time it comes back, the audience goes crazy.

Did you write new themes for such characters as Flash and Aquaman?

I created very simple motifs. There are so many themes, you can’t just do a big theme for everything. So i created a motif for Flash, for Aquaman and Cyborg -- but they’re very simple things, and [DC] understood. I said, "These things may never be used again, but I’m giving you all the components, should you wish to have things to build on." So they either will or they won’t, but that’s how I approach a project like this. You have to take the attitude that this is the beginning of a mythology and it all matters, it all comes to fruition, and with any luck they will.

I loved the people I worked with, they were wonderful. The DC guys were great. I kept talking about the DNA of John Williams in this other theme -- using the DNA of Batman in these other variations, which were not the Batman theme -- but it all derives from that... Musical themes are like genes, you carry the DNA along and it creates these subtle connections which are perceived on an unconscious level. It’s funny because I’m terrible at puzzles, but I love musical puzzles. It’s a different part of my brain.

Did you record at Abbey Road?

Abbey Road and Air. On my god, we had nine days of 12-hour recording sessions using both studios. It was crazy. It’s funny, I’ve only worked with [director] Joss [Whedon] twice, but they’re both been insane situations. I was joking with him at the end, "It would be great to do something normal where we actually have a regular schedule instead of these hyper-reduced schedules." On the other hand, i like challenges and I love Joss, so it was all good.

Why do you love working with him?

It was the same as when I worked with him on Ultron. He appreciates melodies and pieces. He’s like, “Oh, you’ve given it identity here!” There was a moment where the Batmobile shoots out of a thing and he goes, “Go batshit crazy here! Batman the shit out of it!” When I’m using the Batman theme, I’m using the melodic sense of it, I’m wasn’t doing full-on Batman, and there’s a moment when he says, “No, right here, Full on!”

Are his musical instincts right?

I think they’re great and he loves doing little things like that that are pure fan excitement: “Do John Williams here, Batman the shit out of this moment.” He knows how fans think. Give them these little things and let them enjoy it.

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have personally liked the movies so far. In fact, more so than 90% of Marvel's. I liked the darker tones of them. Suicide Squad was my least fav.. I really have high hopes for this movie. I also hope Affleck sticks with Batman too.. he just kills this part!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

How sweet is this poster?

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Batman: The Animated Series is coming to blu-ray next year!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

And now for something completely different:

Country
    Country Flag

https://batman-news.com/2017/11/01/d...ustice-league/
    Spanish website Reporte Indigo caught up with Justice League composer Danny Elfman, who had some interesting comments about Batman’s theme in the movie.

“No, you will not hear a new theme for Batman,” Elfman said when asked about Justice League. “You’ll hear Batman’s theme for Batman.”

The interviewer asked Elfman if he was referring to Hans Zimmer’s score from the previous movie. “No,” Eflman said confidently. “You’ll hear Batman’s theme. Batman has only had one theme,” Eflman added before confirming that his classic 1989 Batman theme will be in Justice League.

Country
    Country Flag

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I'm just about burned out on superhero movies (and DC in particular). Justice League might be the first DC movie I won't see in the theater. I'm not even a little excited for it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I think I'm just about burned out on superhero movies (and DC in particular). Justice League might be the first DC movie I won't see in the theater. I'm not even a little excited for it.
    Burned out on DC? They have like 3 or 4 movies. Haha marvel I can see maybe... but DC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that combined with the superhero overload EVERYWHERE (Marvel, DC; Netflix, CBS...). It's just no longer fresh to me. Especially when every damn one is "we have to save the WORLD. From an ALIEN threat!" Why does world destruction have the be the stakes of every superhero movie? It's cheap.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 102 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast