Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 102 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2548

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Well we have him for at least 2 Justice League movies. They're all under contract for both of those, and I will be shocked if we don't get at least one stand alone Batfleck movie.
    Man I sure hope so. He kills it as the caped crusader!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wonder Woman 2 set for December 2019:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...te-set-1022782
    It's official: Gal Gadot will return for a Wonder Woman sequel, which has received a release date from Warner Bros.

Wonder Woman 2, the follow-up to this year's superhero hit, will hit theaters Dec. 13, 2019.

Talks with Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins to return are ongoing, and she has not officially been announced as being aboard the project.

Gadot will next appear as Diana Prince in November's Justice League, alongside Ben Affleck's Batman, Jason Momoa's Aquaman, Ezra Miller's Flash and Ray Fisher's Cyborg as the DC superhero dream team.

Wonder Woman is holding better than any superhero film in more than 15 years at the North American box office. It has grossed more than $389 million at the domestic box office to date and passed Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 over the weekend.

So far, Wonder Woman 2 is the only release slated for Dec. 13, 2019. The date announcement comes a week after Warners set dates for a number of mystery films, including an untitled DC movie for Feb. 14, 2020.

Wonder Woman 2 joins Justice League and Aquaman (Dec. 21, 2018 ) as the only DC films with release dates. But over the weekend at San Diego Comic-Con, Warner Bros. teased its upcoming slate with logos for films including Shazam! (which will be its next film to shoot), Flash movie Flashpoint, The Batman, Batgirl, Justice League Dark, Green Lantern Corps and Suicide Squad 2.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I think it definitely should be considered for a Best Picture nomination:

https://variety.com/2017/film/news/w...ok-1202509132/
    With $781 million in global box office receipts, “Wonder Woman” has already broken records as the highest-grossing movie directed by a woman ever.

Now Warner Bros., the studio behind the film, wants the action movie to break another glass ceiling. Although executives haven’t commented publicly on their plans, they have internally discussed launching a formidable awards-season campaign for the movie, in the hopes of making it the first comic-book film nominated for best picture, Variety has learned.

The studio will also stump Patty Jenkins for best director, which would also be groundbreaking. No director of a comic-book film — not even Christopher Nolan — has ever been nominated, and only men have ruled the category since (and before) Kathryn Bigelow won the Oscar for “The Hurt Locker” in 2010.

A spokesperson for WB declined to comment.

This won’t be a cheap endeavor, as the road to the Oscars keeps getting costlier. Big dollars are spent on taking out advertising, making watermarked DVDs, setting screenings, and paying for talent to travel to both coasts, to remind voters how hard they suffered for their craft.

The Oscar race took a turn in 2009, after another Warner. Bros. film, “The Dark Knight,” failed to secure a best picture nomination. In 2010, the Academy expanded its best picture category from five to a maximum of 10 movies. But although blockbusters like “Gravity” and “The Martian” have made the cut, a comic book movie has yet to compete in the top race.

That’s because the Academy is still too stodgy to recognize Batman or Deadpool as art. But Warner Bros. executives have been wondering if new membership expansions, which have increased the voting body to include younger members and more diversity, will boost “Wonder Woman’s” chances. (Among the new class of voters is star Gal Gadot, who will presumably support this mission.)

The studio’s efforts will include reintroducing the film this fall, to scarce few who may not have seen it. Insiders report strong reactions to the screening of “Wonder Woman” at the Academy, as it’s been championed by a liberal Hollywood and a reinvigorated wave of feminism in response to Donald Trump. But the movie’s glow could diminish if the mashup tentpole “Justice League,” which comes out in November and co-stars Gadot, gets ripped to shreds by harsh reviews.

The awards-season race usually starts in the fall, though movies released earlier in the year — such as “Mad Max: Fury Road” — can make a comeback and rally with plenty of nominations. Many of the Academy Awards contenders in 2017 seem to be lower-budged films, such as Paramount’s “Downsizing” and “mother!,” Netlfix’s “Mudbound,” and Sony Pictures Classics’ “Call Me By Your Name.”

With all the focus on “Wonder Woman,” Warner Bros. won’t be neglecting its other summer hit. Sources report to Variety that the studio will also be bringing out the guns for “Dunkirk” and its director Nolan. That means, in a year without a clear frontrunner, Warner Bros. will have two big studio movies trying to crush the competition.
    To have Wonder Woman as the first comic book film nominated for Best Picture would be tremendously wonderful. Logan could also be nominated. But as much as I loved it, I would prefer to see Patrick Stewart get a nomination for acting rather than the film itself.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Yes, I think it definitely should be considered for a Best Picture nomination:

https://variety.com/2017/film/news/w...ok-1202509132/
    With $781 million in global box office receipts, “Wonder Woman” has already broken records as the highest-grossing movie directed by a woman ever.

Now Warner Bros., the studio behind the film, wants the action movie to break another glass ceiling. Although executives haven’t commented publicly on their plans, they have internally discussed launching a formidable awards-season campaign for the movie, in the hopes of making it the first comic-book film nominated for best picture, Variety has learned.

The studio will also stump Patty Jenkins for best director, which would also be groundbreaking. No director of a comic-book film — not even Christopher Nolan — has ever been nominated, and only men have ruled the category since (and before) Kathryn Bigelow won the Oscar for “The Hurt Locker” in 2010.

A spokesperson for WB declined to comment.

This won’t be a cheap endeavor, as the road to the Oscars keeps getting costlier. Big dollars are spent on taking out advertising, making watermarked DVDs, setting screenings, and paying for talent to travel to both coasts, to remind voters how hard they suffered for their craft.

The Oscar race took a turn in 2009, after another Warner. Bros. film, “The Dark Knight,” failed to secure a best picture nomination. In 2010, the Academy expanded its best picture category from five to a maximum of 10 movies. But although blockbusters like “Gravity” and “The Martian” have made the cut, a comic book movie has yet to compete in the top race.

That’s because the Academy is still too stodgy to recognize Batman or Deadpool as art. But Warner Bros. executives have been wondering if new membership expansions, which have increased the voting body to include younger members and more diversity, will boost “Wonder Woman’s” chances. (Among the new class of voters is star Gal Gadot, who will presumably support this mission.)

The studio’s efforts will include reintroducing the film this fall, to scarce few who may not have seen it. Insiders report strong reactions to the screening of “Wonder Woman” at the Academy, as it’s been championed by a liberal Hollywood and a reinvigorated wave of feminism in response to Donald Trump. But the movie’s glow could diminish if the mashup tentpole “Justice League,” which comes out in November and co-stars Gadot, gets ripped to shreds by harsh reviews.

The awards-season race usually starts in the fall, though movies released earlier in the year — such as “Mad Max: Fury Road” — can make a comeback and rally with plenty of nominations. Many of the Academy Awards contenders in 2017 seem to be lower-budged films, such as Paramount’s “Downsizing” and “mother!,” Netlfix’s “Mudbound,” and Sony Pictures Classics’ “Call Me By Your Name.”

With all the focus on “Wonder Woman,” Warner Bros. won’t be neglecting its other summer hit. Sources report to Variety that the studio will also be bringing out the guns for “Dunkirk” and its director Nolan. That means, in a year without a clear frontrunner, Warner Bros. will have two big studio movies trying to crush the competition.
    To have Wonder Woman as the first comic book film nominated for Best Picture would be tremendously wonderful. Logan could also be nominated. But as much as I loved it, I would prefer to see Patrick Stewart get a nomination for acting rather than the film itself.
    It would be great if Wonder Woman got nominated. That said (and I loved the movie) if it's either Logan or Wonder Woman, I'd give it to Logan in a heart beat. But I don't think either will get a best picture nomination, unless times have changed that much.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Loved both films.. but neither one deserve a nom
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Loved both films.. but neither one deserve a nom
    I think Logan does, but then again I think the Oscars nominate a lot of movies that really aren't very good and tends to ignore movies if they don't fit the "Oscar Movie" stereo type. Especially if they are genre films.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

More old school Batman coming soon!

Country
    Country Flag

I told ya.... I really think he is done.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/casey....html?mid=imdb
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I still don't buy it. There's no way he's not already contracted for Justice League part 2 or whatever they're calling it. Mostly I don't buy it until it's officially confirmed by Ben Afleck or Warner Bros.

Country
    Country Flag

I still don't buy it. There's no way he's not already contracted for Justice League part 2 or whatever they're calling it. Mostly I don't buy it until it's officially confirmed by Ben Afleck or Warner Bros.
    Man I hope your right.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Man I hope your right.
    It may be that Justice League 1 and 2 are all we get with him, but I do think we're going to at least get that. I just don't think there's any way that these actors and actresses weren't locked into multi picture contracts the same way Marvel does it.

Country
    Country Flag

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen Batman and Harley Quinn yet. I was going to wait to watch it with Rose but when I was randomly clicking through to check the quality, I came across a "not quite appropriate for a four year old" sex scene. Is that the worst it gets? Thanks.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Has anyone seen Batman and Harley Quinn yet. I was going to wait to watch it with Rose but when I was randomly clicking through to check the quality, I came across a "not quite appropriate for a four year old" sex scene. Is that the worst it gets? Thanks.
    I have it but haven't watched yet. I wouldn't think Batman in general would be appropriate for a four year old but you'd know better as her father. And we have a new movie coming soon:

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Batman isn't appropriate for kids? Halloween, action figures, designs for clothing and backpacks, toys --including Happy Meal toys, animated cartoons galore ... They would say otherwise, lol.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, there are degrees. Gotham By Gaslight probably is not, what with all the prostitutes being hacked to death.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Super hi-res version of that Comic Con poster art for Justice League: https://i0.wp.com/batman-news.com/wp...e_4k_8k-HD.jpg

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure I am digging that "Flash" outfit, but looks cool otherwise!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 102 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast