Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 102 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2550

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I saw Suicide Squad last night. I really enjoyed it. Certainly not a cinematic masterpiece, but I thought it was highly enjoyable. After watching it I would really like to see what the original cut was, or what the cuts of the movie they used for the test screenings a couple months ago where. While good this cut felt lacking in certain areas. There where also a lot of clips that where in the trailers, but not in the actual movie, which I thought was strange.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So you think the backlash is undeserved?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I saw Suicide Squad last night. I really enjoyed it. Certainly not a cinematic masterpiece, but I thought it was highly enjoyable. After watching it I would really like to see what the original cut was, or what the cuts of the movie they used for the test screenings a couple months ago where. While good this cut felt lacking in certain areas. There where also a lot of clips that where in the trailers, but not in the actual movie, which I thought was strange.
    Seeing it tonight. I will also weigh in afterwards!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Not necessarily. I definitely don't think it's for everyone. I think it's all about expectations. Though I think a lot of reviewers just don't want to like this DC Universe.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Not necessarily. I definitely don't think it's for everyone. I think it's all about expectations. Though I think a lot of reviewers just don't want to like this DC Universe.
    They don't. They really do not... BVS hated by critics? Proves this.... same with Man of Steel and now this. I am pumped to see it!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, reading the RT critics reviews it's pretty clear they are just piling hate on the movie for the sake of hating it. Because it's a thing now.

I mostly just want to say temper expectations. Like BvS I think if you go into this thinking it's going to be the best comic book movie you've ever seen, you'll be disappointed.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Yeah, reading the RT critics reviews it's pretty clear they are just piling hate on the movie for the sake of hating it. Because it's a thing now.
    Or they are just calling a spade a spade. Don't blame the critics because DC can't make a good movie.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Or they are just calling a spade a spade. Don't blame the critics because DC can't make a good movie.
    They can though. I though BVS was a really good movie.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    No, some are quite obviously just piling on. "An all-out attack on the whole idea of entertainment"? Are you fucking kidding me? What kind of crack are these quacks smoking?

I definitely think there's a lot of "piling on" going on, but at the same time I don't really think it matters. Mostly I think WB just has to be a bit less gun shy though. There's been too many cuts and re-edits so far. The Ultimate Edition of BvS was drastically better than the theatrical release (and I really like the theatrical release). I also can't imagine that the theatrical release of Suicide Squad is better than David Ayer's original cut. At the end of the day though I think critics fell in love with Marvel's way of doing things and aren't happy with the darker tone that DC seems to be taking. On top of a Batman reboot. Maybe had they set this new DC universe in the same world as Nolan's movies it'd be a different story, but they didn't and it's too late to go back now.

Country
    Country Flag

Loved Suicide Sqaud. First half was brilliant for me and not sure what the problem is out there with critics hating on DC.... But it was not warranted. 8/10 for me if not a bit more. Loved the joker too! But Alfeck is so good as Batman... Loved it!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. I expected it to be more fun than it was. I do like how DC is building a universe though. I can't decide if the Wonder Woman trailer makes that movie look good or corny. I guess maybe that is good because Suicide Squad probably suffered from how great the trailers made it look.

Country
    Country Flag

Just left the theater. Saw it in glorious IMAX 2D. Loved it. An easy 7.5 out of 10. So much fun and they nailed these characters.

I think the biggest problem was editing. The movie seemed to be cut strangely, causing some pacing problems. Makes me wonder if there's any truth to the rumors about who edited the final cut of the movie.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just left the theater. Saw it in glorious IMAX 2D. Loved it. An easy 7.5 out of 10. So much fun and they nailed these characters.
    Now that you've had a chance to see it for yourself, what things do you agree with the critics on?

I think the biggest problem was editing. The movie seemed to be cut strangely, causing some pacing problems. Makes me wonder if there's any truth to the rumors about who edited the final cut of the movie.
    I don't have anything to substantiate this but I guarantee you WB had a hand in the editing process. After BvS dismal reception they went back and shoehorned light hearted scenes to offset the tone. There are several rumors swirling around the internet that Ayer's original version was much darker.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/rumored-...ene-list-hits/

Country
    Country Flag

I really cannot agree with much of the critics palpable hatred. I have seen very little constructive criticisms. The editing was fine and it's not something I typically pay attention to anyway. The movie was fairly linear and straightforward. This is not an art-house film not is it aiming for any Oscars. All performances were top-notch. I did not have any issues with the mission, how it unfolded, or how it ended. The music, which seems to be one of the biggest issues, worked beautifully for me. Had my feet tapping and my head bopping. Like I said, I loved it. I think I liked BvS a tiny bit more, but these were pretty much on par, even though they were very different.

Country
    Country Flag

I really cannot agree with much of the critics palpable hatred. I have seen very little constructive criticisms. The editing was fine and it's not something I typically pay attention to anyway. The movie was fairly linear and straightforward. This is not an art-house film not is it aiming for any Oscars. All performances were top-notch. I did not have any issues with the mission, how it unfolded, or how it ended. The music, which seems to be one of the biggest issues, worked beautifully for me. Had my feet tapping and my head bopping. Like I said, I loved it. I think I liked BvS a tiny bit more, but these were pretty much on par, even though they were very different.
    I could not have said it better myself~!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Glam Princess is on a distinguished road Glam Princess's Avatar

I hope I can go see this sometime this week. I'm really looking forward to it. Hope I'm not disappointed

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Glam Princess is on a distinguished road Glam Princess's Avatar

I liked the 1st Man of Steel. Hope the 2nd one is as good or better!

Country
    Country Flag

Aquaman literally rocks

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was going to write up my thoughts on Suicide Squad, but turns out I had a lot more to say.

My review of Suicide Squad
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Good review, Ricky. Even if I don't agree with the rating or Leto's Joker (I thought he was ok, but he didn't blow me away), I really enjoyed most of the characters. I don't think the story flowed for me well, personally - when the characters were introduced in the first half hour, while individually, they were great, I didn't like how it was done overall, with each of them being covered one after the other across the first half hour. You know how with some long running TV shows, you get one big-assed long "Previously on..."? To me, that what the first half hour felt like - playing catch up on new iterations of characters.

As for the soundtrack, I'm in two minds about that. The songs themselves were great. How they worked with the visuals, though? Meh. They never worked quite as well as they should have, imo. Suicide Squad isn't a terrible film by any means, but I just thought it was frustrating at times. Think I preferred BvS, to be honest, although SS was definitely more fun.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 102 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast