Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2548

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

And if all of that awesome shit wasn't enough:

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was utterly unmoved by the Justice League trailer :/
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

As someone who has never read a 'Flash' comic book or seen an episode of the TV show, I've gotta say, I'm really excited by Ezra Miller's take on the character. So glad to see that the DCEU finally has a character with a sense of humour.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I was utterly unmoved by the Justice League trailer :/
    It was just a teaser, something they put together for fans. They haven even finished shooting the movie. The Wonder Woman trailer on the other hand! I watched it four times yesterday and it made me tear up four times. Now that's a trailer!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

The WW movie looks great. How far we've come from the Lynda Carter days when that was enough action and special effects to satisfy us. Anyway, you can't go wrong with girls and big swords.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Wonder Woman trailer looks great. I love the aesthetic they're going for. My only complaint is that her fighting style is too 'showy', it looks like she poses after each punch landed. Everything else is great though.

The Justice League trailer didn't do it for me either... the guy playing Flash doesn't have the acting chops to be the wise cracker of the group. His delivery was almost cringe worthy. And LOL at DC deciding to do a 180 on the tone. Don't blame them though. I recently rewatched BvS and it felt like a chore.

Gunslinger Apprentice Glam Princess is on a distinguished road Glam Princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    As someone who has never read a 'Flash' comic book or seen an episode of the TV show, I've gotta say, I'm really excited by Ezra Miller's take on the character. So glad to see that the DCEU finally has a character with a sense of humour.
    No sense of humor is part of the DC universe problem. I wanted to like BvS, I really did. It just lacks the humor to balance the dark feel.

Country
    Country Flag

I loved BvS but the added humor is not a problem for me. I appreciated the very dark tone which needed to be established due to the story they're telling.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I loved BvS but the added humor is not a problem for me. I appreciated the very dark tone which needed to be established due to the story they're telling.
    Agreed. I enjoy serious movies.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me too. Loved BVS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The Wonder Woman trailer looks great. I love the aesthetic they're going for. My only complaint is that her fighting style is too 'showy', it looks like she poses after each punch landed. Everything else is great though.

The Justice League trailer didn't do it for me either... the guy playing Flash doesn't have the acting chops to be the wise cracker of the group. His delivery was almost cringe worthy. And LOL at DC deciding to do a 180 on the tone. Don't blame them though. I recently rewatched BvS and it felt like a choir.

All I could think of watching it was this:

"Derek, are you worried about Hansel?"
    "Not as worried as I am about Gretel. Did you get that? I want people to know how funny I can be."
    "Believe me, they'll know. It hits newstands tomorrow."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Agreed. I enjoy serious movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Me too. Loved BVS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I enjoy serious movies too, but this was just too far along the spectrum.

Even The Dark Knight - arguably the granddaddy of Super Serious Comic Book Movies - took the time to have a little fun.

I like BvS but it needed to tone it down juuuuust a little bit.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So the reviews are coming is and SUICIDE S is getting crucified. All i read is how there is not enough humor. I don't get it... if I wanted a comedy I would go to one!!!!!!!!! I like Batman V Superman better than 95% of the Marvel films out there cause there are just cheesy and that wasn't. I loved Nolan's Batman films cause they are not full of cheese.... like I feel Marvel's is. I am going to see this in 3 days and will be shocked if it is as bad as the critics say.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I was shocked at the critics for the response BvS got. If they don't get the DC Universe, it's their fault.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's never compare Nolans Batman movies to BvS ever again please.

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What he said. ^

Suicide Squad is currently sitting at %35. Ouch.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/suicide_squad_2016/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I was shocked at the critics for the response BvS got. If they don't get the DC Universe, it's their fault.
    Idk. I get the DC universe, but after seeing BvS for a second time I have absolutely no desire to ever revisit again. Something that rarely happens with me and CBMs.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I didn't.
    They were in the same paragraph. That's far too close for comparison. If Nolans realism is their goal they are failing worse than Perdita Felicia failed Canada at Hurdles.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ymBPUbDN0It

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Idk. I get the DC universe, but after seeing BvS for a second time I have absolutely no desire to ever revisit again. Something that rarely happens with me and CBMs.
    I know! I've only seen it once, I've seen that the Ultimate Edition is out, and usually, I'd be excited for another look, but...nope. BvS is just one of those rare comic book movies that wasn't for me. I was really hoping Suicide Squad would be better, and I know that I shouldn't judge before I see it, but...35%? Really? Suicide Squad seemed to have a great look that was a mesh between the superhero universe of 2000AD with the anarchic, punky look of 2000AD, a film that should've massively appealed to me, but it doesn't sound like we've gotten that. Well, who knows, maybe I'll give it a look and judge for myself, but my hopes have really gone down for this one.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast