Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 102 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Film Universe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gary Oldman confirmed at Comic-con that the next Batman will be filmed in 2010.

Woot!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd wait for an official statement from either a WB exec or Nolan himself. Oldman also 'confirmed' that there would be a Dark Knight - based video game for the PS3 and Xbox360 , and uh ...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Darn that Oldman!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

do they know who's directing the next one yet?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Country
    Country Flag

Not yet, Nolan's still not sure if he wants to do the third one.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i hope he does, I'd hate someone to fuck up all his hard work.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I read an interview where Chris's brother , Johnathan said that he's pretty sure that Chris still wants to do a 3rd film, but that he needs time to collect himself ... Ledger's death had a very deep impact on him.

Country
    Country Flag

Next Batman Movie to be Fully Shot in IMAX?
    Source: Ain't It Cool News
    August 25, 2009

"Ain't It Cool News has posted an interesting rumor saying that Christopher Nolan and Warner Bros. Pictures could be planning to shoot the follow-up to The Dark Knight completely in IMAX format:

The THIRD chapter of Christopher Nolan's Caped Crusader's saga could very well be FULLY shot in IMAX, not IMAX Digital - but the beautiful, stunning IMAX that we saw pieces of THE DARK KNIGHT in.

Now this is something that I'm sure a lot of you will feel is a no-brainer. Nolan blew us away with the IMAX sequences in that film - but it was a very tough process to work in. Mainly due to the limitations of how many available real IMAX rigs there are. Not only that, but lenses had to be created, adapted and god forbid one broke down. Part of the reason that Nolan went forward with INCEPTION first - besides taking a creative break from the cape and cowl adventures... was possibly to create a few new IMAX cameras made to his specs. Once again - the cost of shooting an entire feature film on IMAX... the stock, the time it takes to reset, to load, to move the cameras... Well... it is daunting, but as Nolan proved with DARK KNIGHT - the difference is stunning.

We'll have to wait and see if this does indeed happen."

This will be interesting to see how it develops in the future.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Has Nolan himself confirmed that he will be back to direct Batman 3?

Can you provide us with the direct link, Ricky?

Country
    Country Flag

Sure thing Feev:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=58373

At this point, I'm thinking that the IMAX situation and Nolan directing is purely speculative. However, it's still interesting to theorize about nonetheless.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Batman 3 Decision Due in January?
    Nolan and co rumoured to give offical update on sequel.
    by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, November 17, 2009 - Some news that we missed last week about a little-known comic-book movie franchise called Batman.

Batman On Film reports that director Christopher Nolan and studio Warner Bros. will officially announce their plans for Batman 3 in January.

Their scooper told the site: "The longer we don't hear a Nolan/B3 announcement in 2010, the less likely it is that the director will return."

We've heard so many rumours and counter-rumours about Batman 3 over the past year, so here's hoping BOF's source is true, and that 2010 brings some kind of official news about the project.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I wonder if Nolan not coming back has anything to do with the general feeling that it's going to be near impossible to top TDK ?!?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Breezy

i hope not, because it IS gonna be nearly impossible to top TDK, but that doesn't mean it would be a bad movie. I love the direction Nolan has taken the franchise in, and I want him to hang around.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got through watching Dark Knight again and it got me thinking about the future of this particular iteration of Batman. Here's my fear...

Nolan, since he didn't kill off the Joker in Dark Knight, might have planned to use him again...possibly even in the next movie. My fear with this is that because the actor who played him died and Nolan and/or the powers that be is afraid of the backlash of using another actor, is going with a different story all together. This might throw off the whole rhythm. If this is the case I think they really need to go ahead and get someone else to play that part. Someone on here way back said that they didn't think that anyone else should play the Joker ever. This seems silly to me. It's worse than that. It's wrong.

Ok...so Ledger did a great job with the character...then died. If you're building a house and your contractor dies you don't change the floor plan. You replace the contractor. There are other actors that could play this part. Johnnie Depp, for example, could play this part and do it well. (I'm sure there are others but he strikes me as the best candidate and probably the only person that could pull it off) I don't think it would be disrespectful or wrong in any way if the original plan was to bring back the Joker.

Another issue I'm thinking about here is that, to me, the Joker is an integral part of Batman. And when I say Batman I mean his character and his world. To ignore that because of a misguided sense of respect for the dead makes Ledger's death even more tragic to me because it cheats Nolan's iteration of Batman...the best iteration thus far, out of the villain that, I think, is a big part of defining Batman. The Joker truly is the the yin to Batman's yang.

I'm sure there are those that would disagree with the idea that someone else should play the Joker but think about why. Ask yourself why it is you really think that Nolan should shelf this character.

My Mood
    Gay

This might get me flamed, not sure, but IMO - there's no way in the world anyone could top Ledger's Joker. Ever. And, I think, it would be career suicide to try. At least any time soon, while the performance is still so fresh in everyone's memory. It was a defining moment, for both Ledger and the Batman franchise.

I've never been so high on Nolan, and wouldn't hate to see the series move onto a new director. A fresh perspective might be a good thing. There's no announcement yet that he'll be back for the next chapter.

( don't get me started on Bales, his Batman whisper still drives me to the brink of tossing the television out the window )

Batman has tons of evil villians and bad-guys. Pick another one and go with it - let them be truly evil ( which is why the Joker works so well ) and let the Bat deal with that, along with his angst.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

oh pam, contraversial!!!

well, i won't start on the bale thing again, as we have had that discussion before
    Spoiler:
    i still say your wrong

Pam i agree with you in regards to the joker, its too soon. Coz, honey, i can see exactly what you are saying in regards to not getting rid of the joker character, and i don't see why they would have too. BUT...... there is also a whole slew of bad asses that batman fought against and if you bring the joker back for the next film then not only will you get comparisons through out the whole of the film - which would take away from anything that the film did. but you are also in danger of the franchise becoming the batman and joker franchise.

personally, i love Bale as batman and i am far more interested in seeing how he would react with other villians, and how the character would continue to be shaped. but thats just my 2p worth

by all means if the franchise lasts long enough, bring the joker back at a later stage. but for now there are other nemisis (s?) for him to fight

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    Johnnie Depp, for example, could play this part and do it well.
    Noooooo!

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    there's no way in the world anyone could top Ledger's Joker. Ever.
    Its not about topping it.

And, I think, it would be career suicide to try.
    We wouldn't be talking about this if Ledger hadn't of died. In fact, if Ledger had lived and demanded too much money to reprise the role or just refused to do it we'd be debating who the best person would be to fill in. We wouldn't even be considering the idea that no one should play the role again. But no, the guy died. So now there's this false sense of elevation for him and the role of the Joker...that its something golden and pristine that should never be sullied by the hands of someone else. I strongly disagree. Before this movie came out and his death Ledger was considered a good actor...but not a great one. Also, I believe that Ledger's dying had at least a little to do with him winning the Oscar. Not saying he didn't deserve it. He did. But every nominee deserved it. If he hadn't of died we'd be on here bitching about the fact that he didn't win instead of pondering why he did.

On the other hand, you could be right for the most part...most actors couldn't pull it off without doing at least some damage to their careers. This was one of the reasons I suggested who I suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Johnnie Depp, for example, could play this part and do it well.
    Noooooo!
    C'mon...the guy's a great actor. Its not like it would be Jack Sparrow in a purple suit. But if not Depp...who would you suggest? Or are you in the NOBODY EVER camp...

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    you get comparisons through out the whole of the film - which would take away from anything that the film did.
    Ok now this is probably the best argument not to do it. I didn't think about that. But I do think it could be overcome...especially by the folks that are really into Batman.

but you are also in danger of the franchise becoming the batman and joker franchise.
    I'm ok with that simply because I don't see that many more movies being made in this particular line of films.

personally, i love Bale as batman and i am far more interested in seeing how he would react with other villians, and how the character would continue to be shaped.
    Yeah...he does have other villains but like I said, my fear is that Nolan had not planned to use any of them...that he had every intention of bringing back the Joker and the fact that he can't might throw off the whole story arc he had lined up and screw up the next movie. I don't know that thats the case but I don't think he was planning on using other Batman villains. Bringing back Two Face is an option though. It isn't explicitly said that he died at the end of Dark Knight.

by all means if the franchise lasts long enough, bring the joker back at a later stage. but for now there are other nemisis (s?) for him to fight
    Sure there are but not all of them will translate into Nolan's world as well. I'd hate to see Penguin here. I don't think Catwoman would do well either. But there are some lesser known villains that might do well...Deadshot comes to mind. Mr. Zsasz, Hugo Strange, Black Mask...perhaps a combination of villains (or an amalgam) Maybe bring back Ra's al Ghul. (the dude never dies)

Whatever they do...for the love of god...DO NOT put Robin in this world.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever they do...for the love of god...DO NOT put Robin in this world.
    oh lord, just imagine no, better idea is not too

My Mood
    Gay

How could it not be? I don't think anyone could even come close.

We wouldn't be talking about this if Ledger hadn't of died. In fact, if Ledger had lived and demanded too much money to reprise the role or just refused to do it we'd be debating who the best person would be to fill in. We wouldn't even be considering the idea that no one should play the role again. But no, the guy died. So now there's this false sense of elevation for him and the role of the Joker...that its something golden and pristine that should never be sullied by the hands of someone else. I strongly disagree. Before this movie came out and his death Ledger was considered a good actor...but not a great one. Also, I believe that Ledger's dying had at least a little to do with him winning the Oscar. Not saying he didn't deserve it. He did. But every nominee deserved it. If he hadn't of died we'd be on here bitching about the fact that he didn't win instead of pondering why he did.

On the other hand, you could be right for the most part...most actors couldn't pull it off without doing at least some damage to their careers. This was one of the reasons I suggested who I suggested.
    Hmmm. I'm totally going to disagree with this. Okay, here we go, my friend - I love this stuff.

Sincerely, there's no "false sense" of anything where this performance is concerned. He nailed it. He became the Joker. No one else can touch it. Word was leaking from the set long before Heath passed that this was a huge performance and would bring accolades. Then we lost Heath. The part speaks for itself, regardless of his death, not because of it.

Actors don't have to be Great in order to be great or perfect in a roll. It just so happened, Heath is great as the Joker. Is he a great actor, in general - probably not. He made some real dogs. He also turned in an amazing performance in Brokeback Mountain ( like the film or not, the desparation he conveyed was palpable ).

I disagree about the Oscar thing... only because, again, there was a lot of buzz long before Heath passed. And not all noms deserved it - frankly, I thought RDJr being nominated for Tropic Thunder was a joke. And not a good one.

I'm gonna duck a bit here again, because I happen to think that Johnny Depp is one of the most over-rated actors of our generation. He has made some good movies, but he's made just as many ( if not more ) really bad ones. My opinion, for sure - I know some folks think he's great ( probably for the same reasons I think he's horrible - I give you...any of those Pirate movies! ).

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm. I'm totally going to disagree with this. Okay, here we go, my friend - I love this stuff.

Sincerely, there's no "false sense" of anything where this performance is concerned. He nailed it. He became the Joker. No one else can touch it. Word was leaking from the set long before Heath passed that this was a huge performance and would bring accolades. Then we lost Heath. The part speaks for itself, regardless of his death, not because of it.

Actors don't have to be Great in order to be great or perfect in a roll. It just so happened, Heath is great as the Joker. Is he a great actor, in general - probably not. He made some real dogs. He also turned in an amazing performance in Brokeback Mountain ( like the film or not, the desparation he conveyed was palpable ).

I disagree about the Oscar thing... only because, again, there was a lot of buzz long before Heath passed. And not all noms deserved it - frankly, I thought RDJr being nominated for Tropic Thunder was a joke. And not a good one.

I'm gonna duck a bit here again, because I happen to think that Johnny Depp is one of the most over-rated actors of our generation. He has made some good movies, but he's made just as many ( if not more ) really bad ones. My opinion, for sure - I know some folks think he's great ( probably for the same reasons I think he's horrible - I give you...any of those Pirate movies! ).
    I sidagree with what ya said about depp
    yeah the pirates movies are stupid but they don aspire to be anything except light entertainment and depp was great in em
    I think he's one of the best actors maybe ever, one of the few cultual icons who has films the everyone can like, that rare popular artist/actor that remains awesome despite mainstream success
    i mean cmon
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWxfju51Yzk&NR=1"]YouTube- fear and loathing in las vegas hitchhiker[/ame]
    so cool
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Gay

We should flip threads if we're going to talk Johnny Depp...

... but for every Fear and Loathing, I can name a Secret Window. For every Ed Wood, a Don Juan DeMarco.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That statement, to me, is absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex

Again...its not about how he nailed it or didn't or if someone else could do it as well. My point is that just because someone played a role well does not mean that no one else can play that role well. In fact, someone else might just be able to do it just as well even if it isn't the same.

Actors don't have to be Great in order to be great or perfect in a roll.
    Who says they do?

I forgot about Tropic Thunder...

I don't think we can know for sure how much of a role Ledger dying played in him getting that Oscar...this is just my theory. I think it did. I think there's a lot of hype surrounding it because he died. And I think that because he died people are overprotective of this particular role.

And to turn what you said above around...just because an actor puts out some bad performances doesn't mean he's a bad actor. But if we're talking opinions here (and thats all we're working with after all) great or not...I still think if anyone can pull off playing the Joker in a way similar to Ledger it would be him. I think he could structure the performance in such a way as to act it very much the way Ledger did. The only foreseeable issue there is that his ego might not allow him to mimic another actor's performance.

EDIT: Oh I missed this post...

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    No Batman 3 for Nolan?
    Report claims threequel not a given for the director.
    by Jim Vejvoda

June 16, 2009 - Although the conventional wisdom has been that Christopher Nolan would be back to direct Batman 3 after helming his next film, Inception, the rumor mill now suggests that Nolan's involvement with the sequel to The Dark Knight might not be a given after all.

A trusted industry source for Batman-on-Film claims that it is going to take a herculean effort on the part of Warner Bros. to sell Nolan on doing a third Bat-film, confirming an old rumor that the studio has indeed compiled a short list of replacement candidates. So why is Nolan reportedly iffy on directing the film?

"The death of Heath Ledger in January of 2008 rocked Mr. Nolan hard. So hard that Chris was convinced that TDK was going to be it for him and Batman on film," according to BoF's source, adding that the Joker was envisioned as the villain in the third film.

The source also informed the site that BoF is "correct in reporting that (Nolan) is developing story ideas with [Jonathan Nolan] and David Goyer, but it will be until AT LEAST 2012 before we see the Caped Crusader back [in theaters]. And that is only an EARLY ESTIMATE at best right now. They are even saying it might not be until 2013."

BoF's source went so far as to say that, as of now, there is no story for Batman 3
    It that's true than I'm doubly keen on them finding another actor to play Joker and IN the next movie. They should stick with the original plan.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

anyway EVERYBODY knows that Jack Nicholson was the best joker

right?
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I know you're just joking but he really would have been great if he hadn't have been fat and old. As it was Michael Keaton could have made a better Joker. I don't mean that as a slam to Jack. I really think Keaton could have been a good Joker considering his age, condition, and his comedic history. (and he's still my favorite Batman) But Jack was past his prime. The Joker is far too athletic of a role for an overweight man in his 50s. He was good. Nicholson is always good even if he is pretty much always playing himself. But that performance was no where near the level of greatness that Ledger's performance was.

Of course, we're talking about two very different approaches to Batman here...Burton's comic book style to Nolan's gritty, real world perspective.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 102 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast