Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 102 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Read "The Killing Joke", then you'll really get it.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

already read that...a long long time ago and several times since. I don't see the connection the same way there. I think we're talking about something different.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Knight Honored
    TDK earns noms for screenplay, cinematography.
    by Jim Vejvoda

January 7, 2009 - The Dark Knight has added to its critical laurels with two new nominations announced today.

The Writers Guild of America has nominated the Batman Begins sequel in the category of best adapted screenplay, alongside The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Doubt, Frost/Nixon, and Slumdog Millionaire.

The WGA's nominees for best original screenplay include Milk, Burn After Reading, The Wrestler, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, and The Visitor.

In related news, the American Society of Cinematographers (ASC) have named their finalists in the feature film category of the 23rd Annual American Society of Cinematographers Outstanding Achievement Awards competition. The nominees are Roger Deakins, ASC, BSC (Revolutionary Road and The Reader), Anthony Dod Mantle, BSC (Slumdog Millionaire), Chris Menges, ASC, BSC (The Reader), Claudio Miranda (The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button) and Wally Pfister, ASC (The Dark Knight).

The recipient will be named during the awards celebration here at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel on February 15.

Finally, The Dark Knight also made the longlist for the British Academy Film Awards (BAFTAs), with 13 nominations: best film, adapted screenplay, director (Christopher Nolan), makeup & hair, visual effects, sound, editing, costume design, production design, cinematography, music, leading actor (Christian Bale), and supporting actor (Heath Ledger). The BAFTAs will be awarded February 8 in London.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    already read that...a long long time ago and several times since. I don't see the connection the same way there. I think we're talking about something different.
    We may be. I'm referring to the scene in the interrogation room, the way the Joker tells his scar story different every time, the mention that they're destined to this forever because neither will kill the other, all of that comes right from The Killing Joke, with revisions to make it flow with the movie.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah yes, I wasn't thinking as much of the relationship between Batman and the Joker as much as the look and feel of the Nolan movies, especially the depiction of the Joker. Nolan's Joker seems to me to be taken straight from the Arkham Asylum graphic novel.

Country
    Country Flag

Heath Ledger won yay!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If he takes the Oscar, he will be only the second person to receive the award posthumously.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I think he'll take it.

From the Golden Globes :

As expected, the late Heath Ledger earned the supporting-actor Globe for his diabolical turn as the Joker in the Batman blockbuster "The Dark Knight." The Globe win boosts Ledger's prospects for the supporting-actor honor at the Oscars, whose nominations come out Jan. 22, the one-year anniversary of the actor's death from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.

The award was accepted by "The Dark Knight" director Christopher Nolan, who said he and his collaborators were buoyed by the enormous acclaim and acceptance the film and Ledger's performance have gained worldwide.

"All of us who worked with Heath on `The Dark Knight' accept with an awful mixture of sadness but incredible pride," Nolan said. "After Heath passed, you saw a hole ripped in the future of cinema."
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    If he takes the Oscar, he will be only the second person to receive the award posthumously.
    Just a small correction...he will be the second actor to take an Oscar posthumously. There have been other people who've won for nonacting roles in the film industry.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Harvey Dent in a Coma?
    Eckhart Two-Faced about future of character.
    by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, January 12, 2009 - Remember a few months ago, when Aaron Eckhart was telling all and sundry that Harvey Dent/Two-Face, the villain he so memorably played in The Dark Knight, was definitely dead?

Well, he seems to have maybe changed his mind, having said the following to MTV News at the Golden Globes on Sunday: "I think Harvey -- if he's not dead -- is in a serious coma and I'm not sure he's coming out. They might pull the plug on him."

Whilst he still doesn't sound too optimistic about reprising his role as the villain in Nolan's second Batman sequel, the fact that Eckhart is now saying his character is alive is certainly more ambiguous than what he was saying back in September, when he told Coming Soon: "He is dead as a door nail. ... He ain't coming back baby."

The fact that he reckons his character may well be alive will give hope to Bat-fans eager to see Two-Face in Batman 3.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

I read that earlier today. I'd love to see another Batman film by these guys but only if they have a good story.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have blind faith in Mr. Nolan, I'll go see Batman 3 even if ... Eddie Murphy is cast as The Riddler!

My Mood
    Gay

Feev - don't give them any ideas !!!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yep, that mad as hell guy is the only one so far to do it.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

I could see Johnny Depp playing the Riddler.

I think he would be a wise next choice for a villain. It seemed like they were setting that up in Dark Knight with the employee Mr. Reese figuring it out.

Mr. Reese
    Mreese

Mystery

Kind of cool in a way.

We'll see I guess.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Knight Returns This Month
    Warners to re-release film theatrically Jan. 23.
    by IGN Staff

January 16, 2009 - Warner Bros. Pictures is bringing The Dark Knight back for a return engagement in IMAX and theatres on January 23, 2009, giving audiences one more chance to see the film on the big screen. The film will re-open nationwide, it was announced by Dan Fellman, Warner Bros. Pictures President of Domestic Distribution.

In making the announcement, Fellman stated, "The Dark Knight is a crowning achievement in every sense of the word. We wanted to provide one more opportunity for moviegoers to experience it on the big screen as it was meant to be seen."

One of the most celebrated and successful films of this or any year, The Dark Knight has been hailed by both critics and audiences since its original release last July. The film garnered widespread acclaim for its artistic and technical achievements, culminating with the film being named on more than 150 critics' lists of the year's top-ten films.

In addition, the filmmakers behind The Dark Knight have been honored by their peers, with Christopher Nolan receiving a Directors Guild of America Award nomination; producers Nolan, Charles Roven and Emma Thomas garnering a Producers Guild Award nomination; and a Writers Guild of America Award nomination for Best Adapted Screenplay going to Chris Nolan, Jonathan Nolan and David S. Goyer. Cast member Heath Ledger received a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination, and has also won a Golden Globe, Critics' Choice Award and numerous other critics groups' awards for Best Supporting Actor.

The Dark Knight also won the Critics' Choice Award for Best Action Film, and swept the People's Choice Awards in five categories, including Favorite Movie and Favorite Cast.

The Dark Knight stars Christian Bale, reprising his role from Batman Begins, Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger, Academy Award winner Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Academy Award winner Morgan Freeman.

Christopher Nolan directed The Dark Knight from a screenplay written by Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer. Charles Roven, Emma Thomas and Christopher Nolan produced the film, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Kevin De La Noy and Thomas Tull serving as executive producers.

Collaborating with Nolan behind the scenes were two-time Oscar-nominated director of photography Wally Pfister, Oscar-nominated production designer Nathan Crowley, Oscar-nominated editor Lee Smith and Oscar-winning costume designer Lindy Hemming. The music is by Oscar winner and multiple Oscar nominee Hans Zimmer and seven-time Oscar nominee James Newton Howard, who previously collaborated on the score for Batman Begins.

Originally released on July 18, 2008, The Dark Knight broke virtually every possible box office record to become the top-grossing film of 2008 and the second-highest grossing movie (domestically) of all time. Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with Legendary Pictures, a Syncopy Production, a Christopher Nolan film. The Dark Knight, is based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. Batman was created by Bob Kane.

The Dark Knight is distributed worldwide in IMAX and theatres by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company. The film has been rated PG-13 for "intense sequences of violence and some menace."

----

I want to see it in IMAX again!

Country
    Country Flag

Oh I hope this pushes it past Titanic. It won't worldwide, but it could on the US charts.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

And of course it'll boost it's chances of winning come Oscar time

My Mood
    Gay

Congratulations Heath Ledger!!

Academy Award Nominee for Best Actor In A Supporting Role for The Dark Knight.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nolan's Got My Number
    Which former Bat-villain actor said this?
    by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, January 22, 2009 - Since The Dark Knight, there's been no end of speculation regarding potential future enemies for the caped crusader. One villain who hasn't been mentioned too much is Ra's Al Ghul, the villain played by Liam Neeson in Batman Begins.

Fans of the franchise will remember that (SPOILER ALERT) the character seemingly perished at the end of Begins. However, in DC's comic book universe Ra's Al Ghul is immortal -- meaning its feasible for him to return for Batman 3.

MTV quizzed Neeson on the subject this week at Sundance, with the Irish actor cryptic on reprising his role. "You never know" was his reply, before adding that Christopher Nolan still has his phone number.

Hands up who wants Neeson to reprise his role as Ra's Al Ghul in Batman 3?

He is obviously still keen on the franchise, telling them "the tapestry of the story [of TDK] was quite wonderful." However, he did apparently think the film was too long.

So there you go; another Batman 3 villain rumour – at least its not as ridiculous as Cher as Catwoman. Do you think Ra's Al Ghul could re-surface in a future Bat-movie?

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I'm sure if Ras is out there watching Batman, he's been disappointed by the events that occured in The Dark Knight. It would also mean that Nolan isn't afraid of getting into the mystical, since after the monorail crash it would most definitely take the Lazarus Pit to get Ras back on his feet.

I would like to see him again, but only if he naturally fits into the script. I don't want them to shoehorn him in.

Country
    Country Flag

I hated the movie characterization of Raas. He's a crazy environmentalist, not a crazy anti-crime gestapo.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Batman 3 Script Under Way?
    Producer Roven neither confirms nor denies the rumor.
    by Jim Vejvoda

January 30, 2009 - Is the script for Batman 3 already being written? A new report online claims that it is.

According to IESB, Batman 3 "has already gone into the writing stage with Christopher Nolan, Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer all hard at work."

The site chatted with Dark Knight producer Charles Roven at Thursday's press junket for his new film The International. Roven remained tight-lipped about Batman 3 even as he neither confirmed nor denied IESB's report.

"The creative driver of the project at this point is Chris. There's really nothing more for me to say about that. When he feels that he's got something to talk about, then we'll be able to talk about it," Roven said. He then coyly dodged a follow-up question about whether or not he knew the identities of the villains in the third film.

We'll have the latest developments on the next Batman film here on IGN as news breaks.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Batman 3 Script Scoop
    The lowdown on Christopher Nolan's involvement.
    by Jim Vejvoda

February 17, 2009 - IGN Movies has learned that, as of right now, Christopher Nolan is the only screenwriter attached to Batman 3.

Studios and guild members are required to submit work lists to the guilds of the projects that they are on. IGN has learned that a work list from Warner Bros. was submitted last week listing Christopher Nolan as the sole screenwriter on Batman 3.

From what we've learned, The Dark Knight's Jonathan Nolan or David Goyer aren't officially involved in the script phase as of yet.

In related news, Batman-on-Film says it's heard from three separate sources that "Nolan's recent deal with Warner Bros. for the film Inception, at least includes an agreement between the studio and the acclaimed director to helm his second sequel to Batman Begins."

Country
    Country Flag

Heath Ledger earns Oscar as Joker in `Dark Knight'

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Heath Ledger has won the supporting-actor Academy Award for his demented take on Batman villain the Joker in "The Dark Knight," becoming only the second performer to win an Oscar posthumously.

Ledger's triumph comes 13 months after his death from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs on Oscar nominations day last year.

His Oscar was accepted by his parents and sister.

Ledger joins 1976 best-actor winner Peter Finch of "Network" as the only other performer to win an Oscar after his death.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 102 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast