Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 102 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I know. I'm still waiting to see what bullshit excuses they're going to give when they disquality TDK from winning the big awards.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"We at the Academy have disqualified The Dark Knight from winning any further awards in order to give C-rated movies a fighting chance at winning awards to make the director feel special and not hurt his self-esteem."
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Traveler iamjacksgoat is on a distinguished road iamjacksgoat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If the Academy disqualifies Heath Ledger, then I'm going to be angry. His role as the Joker was the best part of the movie for me, though the movie was good as well.
    "Ich warte auf die neue Sprache
    die die mir dann nützt."

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't see how they could disqualify him. I think he will definitely be nominated; it is just a question of whether they have the balls to give him the award that he deserves.
    Heng Dai

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Batfans ( that might include feev, not really sure ... ) - looks like there is going to be a limited edition of the Blu-Ray version, with cool Batpod bike.

Pre-order at amazon for $47.99

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Limited-Digital-Blu-ray/dp/B001J53X9U/ref=pd_bbs_sr_5?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1227455974&sr=8-5"]Amazon.com: The Dark Knight: Limited Edition with Batpod (+Digital Copy and BD Live) [Blu-ray]: Christian Bale, Heath Ledger: Movies & TV[/ame]

Looks very cool.

Hey, I ordered one.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I predict Feev would buy it even if he didn't own a Blu Ray player.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

LOL - good point, Brice.

I use my PS3 though, and I'm pretty sure Feev is a PS3 boy.

This is a cool collectible, regardless.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is cool indeed and I haven't even finished watching the movie yet. I've watched maybe the first 20-30 mins.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

Pre-order at amazon for $47.99
    I WANT IT.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

wow. that took five whole hours.

where you been feev? mars?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Anyone want to see how I make this pencil disappear???

I finally have seen the MOVIE!!!

*twirls around the room*

There will never be another Joker... ever

Why does Batman have to sound like Clint Eastwood, tho?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Two reasons :

1] He needs to sound menacing to match his fearsome appearance (striking fear into the hearts of men and all that), and

2] Wayne is the most recognized person in Gotham, it makes sense that he would have to drastically change his voice , right?

What were your favorite parts O?

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Why does Batman have to sound like Clint Eastwood, tho?
    I asked this very question myself. It's one of the reasons I don't think the movie is all that, like some other folks do. : ducking :

Heath Ledger is amazing, regardless. He completely stole the movie.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The movie wasn't all that because of Wayne's voice?

My Mood
    Gay

Well, feev, that was just part of it for me, but a huge annoying part, yes.

And he uses that stupid whispery voice ... AND wears what is basically a 3/4 face mask? Um, okay.

I also thought it was over-long and needed editing - badly.

My original post about my thoughts is way back in this thread someplace.

I thought Ledger was awesome and so far, of all the films I've seen this year, deserves the Oscar for Best Supporting ( though I hear some are saying he should be up for Best Actor, and I would disagree with that ).

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the movie is perfect the way it is, it's just long enough to tell the story that it needed to tell.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I agree with feev. Too much editing and the movie might go the way of Spider-Man 3.

My Mood
    Gay

Well, I'd have to watch it a 3rd time to give you the exact details of where I felt it needed editing, but I recall multi-shots of the same take when things were blowing up, and the like. It was all things I thought did NOT add to the story or the pacing. Extraneous stuff.

I bought the Blu-Ray limited edition with the Batpod bike. See, I'm not totally down on it.

My Mood
    Gay

I'm probably going to take a beating for this... but I didn't like it.

I wanted to like it.

I wish I liked it.

But... I didn't like it.

It was too long, by about 45minutes.

Christian Bale doing that Clint-Eastwood-Whisper voice thing was just ... silly.

Heath Ledger stole the movie, for sure, and he was a great villian.

Unfortunately, I thought Maggie was terrible. Anyone could have played the part like that.

Oscars for Extras was around for Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman, but were they there for anything except the paycheck?

It was like a waste of talent for me, the whole movie.

Okay, let the flames come at me. Just being honest though.
    Thing is - I so wanted to shout through the movie " Yo! The Bat Man! You have a nearly full face mask - no need to disguise your voice!"

Now Superman.... there's a guy that needs a lesson in disguises!
    My previous stated reason for not liking DK so much.

Reading over - I was reminded about how horrible Maggie was. She was the pits!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'd have to watch it a 3rd time to give you the exact details of where I felt it needed editing, but I recall multi-shots of the same take when things were blowing up, and the like. It was all things I thought did NOT add to the story or the pacing. Extraneous stuff.
    I'll be anxiously awaiting your analysis.

My Mood
    Gay

I will watch it on Blu-Ray when I get that delivered ( with my fancy collectible Batpod )

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Two reasons :

1] He needs to sound menacing to match his fearsome appearance (striking fear into the hearts of men and all that), and

2] Wayne is the most recognized person in Gotham, it makes sense that he would have to drastically change his voice , right?

What were your favorite parts O?
    I don't mind his voice being DIFFERENT from Wayne's. I was just distracted by how much he sounded like Eastwood... I almost wished he would've said..."Do ya feel lucky, Punk?" just to get it out there!

My favorite parts... well, anything with the Joker as he kicked ass! They made him truly the character from the Dark Knight comics, which is what I have always wanted!!!!
    It makes me sad that we'll never see the Joker again
    I loved the way they handled Harvey Dent storyline... I really enjoyed that.
    and...

Gary Oldman kicks ass... I love him!

I think that anyone can be Batman (OK, well, not ANYONE)... but not many can be the Joker... there will never be anyone who could do a better job.

oh, and another thing, some completely insane woman actually brought her 5 year old son to this movie!!! I was disgusted!

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I know. I'm still waiting to see what bullshit excuses they're going to give when they disquality TDK from winning the big awards.
    This is an easy one. Not to get too much into politics, but the Academy has been known to consider "the importance of the subject matter" when doling out nominations. Therefore the suvject matter of The Dark Knight may be deemed not "important enough", (meaning it doesn't represent a worldview that the Academy agrees with, ot that the movie doesn't "change the world for the better" (as if a movie could change the world)), and another "more important" movie will get the nods instead, no matter how godawful it may be.

Past examples of "important", academy nominated and/or award winning godawful movies include:

Lawrence of Arabia (actually pretty good, but WAY too long)
    The English Patient
    Terms of Endearment (well the last third of the movie sucks anyway, but that's what probably got it nominated )
    Brokeback Mountain(While many do say this was a decent movie, it wouldn't have gotten nearly the attention it did if it wasn't about what it was about)
    Dead Man Walking
    and the motherfu$#^#$^#$ing stupid ass "The Crying Game"

and the list goes on and on. Hell, like I've said before, Batman Begins changed the entire motivation of Raas Al Ghul in order to make the movie more acceptable, or PC, or whatever you want to call it. The Dark Knight did none of that.

Some "life changing" movie will pop up and steal the Academy's heart, and they'll suddenly have no room to honor the most solid movie I've ever seen.

agreed... the only way TDK will get any awards will maybe be in makeup or something like that...
    Ledger could possibly win, but that would ONLY be because he is dead... if he were alive, not a chance.

that's just how the Academy Awards work

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 102 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast