+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67
Results 1,651 to 1,659 of 1659

Thread: Batman and DC films

Vagrant Dead Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy's Avatar

It's been since it came out that I've seen Eternal Sunshine... but I looked up plotholes on IMDB and found this.....

spoiler

Here's the other goofs listed...

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Here's the goofs for The Prestige...

The Prestige

and Gladiator...

Gladiator

Sorry to go off topic but I firmly believe there is no such thing as a perfect movie. Every feature length film has some error in it somewhere. Hope my post isn't too dickish, I didn't mean it that way.

Even the highest rated movie on IMDB has flaws...

The Shawshank Redemption

Citizen of Gilead DanHocker is just really nice DanHocker is just really nice DanHocker is just really nice DanHocker is just really nice DanHocker is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Just a little counter to the "Marvel did it the right way" point. I'm not entirely sure it was necessary to have that build up. As far as The Justice league goes, you only really need to care about Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. All of which had movies leading up to this. Marvel didn't have Black Widow and Hawkeye movies leading into Avengers, and really I'm not sure the Hulk movie really counts since they changed actors and the Bruce Banner character is written entirely differently than it was for Edward Norton. Plus pretty much everyone on planet earth knows about Batman and Superman, I don't think you could really say that about any of the Avengers characters before those Marvel movies. That said I would've liked a solo Batman movie before BvS.
    Honestly, that may be what hurt DC. Everyone does know about Superman and Batman. They've had dozens of movies between the 2 characters.

But when the first couple of Iron Man movies came out (who I will admit I knew nothing about beforehand) everything seemed to grow naturally and the hype for the movies has built organically. DC seems like they are trying to force it too much.
    I guess I just never felt that way about them. I mean if you look at it, there where 4 movies leading into Justice League. Man of Steel, Batman V. Superman, Suicide Squad, and Wonder Woman. Leading into Avengers you have Iron Man, Hulk, Iron Man 2, Captain America and Thor. There's only one more movie there and they completely changed the Hulk / Banner's character and Iron Man just had 2 movies. The main thing is just that those Marvel movies came first and the perceived quality of the DC ones. I don't really have an axe to grind though. I pretty much enjoy all of these movies.

Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just a little counter to the "Marvel did it the right way" point. I'm not entirely sure it was necessary to have that build up. As far as The Justice league goes, you only really need to care about Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. All of which had movies leading up to this. Marvel didn't have Black Widow and Hawkeye movies leading into Avengers, and really I'm not sure the Hulk movie really counts since they changed actors and the Bruce Banner character is written entirely differently than it was for Edward Norton. Plus pretty much everyone on planet earth knows about Batman and Superman, I don't think you could really say that about any of the Avengers characters before those Marvel movies. That said I would've liked a solo Batman movie before BvS.
    Honestly, that may be what hurt DC. Everyone does know about Superman and Batman. They've had dozens of movies between the 2 characters.

But when the first couple of Iron Man movies came out (who I will admit I knew nothing about beforehand) everything seemed to grow naturally and the hype for the movies has built organically. DC seems like they are trying to force it too much.
    I guess I just never felt that way about them. I mean if you look at it, there where 4 movies leading into Justice League. Man of Steel, Batman V. Superman, Suicide Squad, and Wonder Woman. Leading into Avengers you have Iron Man, Hulk, Iron Man 2, Captain America and Thor. There's only one more movie there and they completely changed the Hulk / Banner's character and Iron Man just had 2 movies. The main thing is just that those Marvel movies came first and the perceived quality of the DC ones. I don't really have an axe to grind though. I pretty much enjoy all of these movies.
    The fact remains... Marvel has done it better. For fans AND critics. There is no other way to look at it. I wish DC could find a leg to be honest... I love DC and it's darker tones.....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://batman-news.com/2017/11/21/j...-fan-petition/
    By now you know the story: Zack Snyder turned in a cut of Justice League earlier this year but Warner Bros. wasn’t satisfied with it. Joss Whedon was brought in to rewrite the script, and WB CEO Kevin Tsujihara reportedly mandated that the movie be no longer than two hours.

Over the weekend, some of Zack Snyder’s deleted scenes leaked online, leaving fans wondering how much different his version of the movie was than the one that hit theaters. The Hollywood Reporter caught up with Justice League cinematographer Fabian Wagner, who endorsed Snyder’s version of the movie and spoke a bit about it.

“This one was even shorter than I expected, so there are scenes that aren’t in there. I really hope we get to see a director’s cut, which will give us everything that we shot that didn’t make it in,” Wagner said. “What I love about his [Snyder’s] director’s cuts is they are long, but he takes his time to tell the story. I’ve never watched any of his directors cut and thought ‘This is long.” Whether they are three hours long, or three hours and ten minutes, they always seemed to go quick.”

Fans have started a petition on Change.org, asking that Warner Bros. release Snyder’s cut of Justice League on Blu-ray. As of today it passed 75,000 signatures, so there’s certainly a demand. My gut tells me that we’ll get deleted scenes on the Blu-ray, but not a brand new cut, but money talks! If this petition keeps going and Warner Bros. thinks there’s lots of money to be made, maybe they will release a new cut of Justice League on home video.

Citizen of Gilead DanHocker is just really nice DanHocker is just really nice DanHocker is just really nice DanHocker is just really nice DanHocker is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

The fact remains... Marvel has done it better. For fans AND critics. There is no other way to look at it. I wish DC could find a leg to be honest... I love DC and it's darker tones.....
    I guess. Maybe my tastes are just different. I liked both Man of Steel and BvS. Sure BvS had some problems, but honestly overall I felt like they where fairly minor (in my opinion) especially if you take the directors cut into account (which it doesn't really count). Honestly the only one that I really felt was a let down was Suicide Squad.

Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess. Maybe my tastes are just different. I liked both Man of Steel and BvS. Sure BvS had some problems, but honestly overall I felt like they where fairly minor (in my opinion) especially if you take the directors cut into account (which it doesn't really count). Honestly the only one that I really felt was a let down was Suicide Squad.
    Oh I am with you Dan. I think the darker movies are more fun. I am SO excited for Venom from early reports. I hope it is dark... and deadly awesome. I just wish DC had done it more like Marvel BUT with the darker tone. Unstoppable.. I mean look at Wonder Woman... done right, little darker... and killed it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oh I am with you Dan. I think the darker movies are more fun. I am SO excited for Venom from early reports. I hope it is dark... and deadly awesome. I just wish DC had done it more like Marvel BUT with the darker tone. Unstoppable.. I mean look at Wonder Woman... done right, little darker... and killed it.
    I think mostly the big problem is a combination of Zack Snyder, who you either love or hate, and studio interference. Which there was a lot of in BvS and a ton of in Justice League. If we get more (and I think we will) I'm glad that I've heard Kevin Tsujihara is pretty much hands off now and Geoff Johns and another person who's name I can't remember are in full control. Johns has done some great stuff with the comics and Justice League was the last movie made before they put him in charge of the whole thing.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't mean errors, I just mean that those three movies are perfect movies.

Vagrant Dead Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy's Avatar

I admire your logic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67