Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 102 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2550

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Right. So I don’t pay too much attention.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

%37 on Rotten Tomatoes lol. Now we know why DC tried to keep it under wraps as long as possible.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    %37 on Rotten Tomatoes lol. Now we know why DC tried to keep it under wraps as long as possible.
    Brutal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Haters, what are you gonna do... I'm seeing it Saturday afternoon in IMAX and will probably see it again later in Dolby Cinema.

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Yeah, that combined with the superhero overload EVERYWHERE (Marvel, DC; Netflix, CBS...). It's just no longer fresh to me.
    This is a great point. I'm not much of a superhero comic book reader but I've always looked forward to a new superhero movie. They were visual spectacles with bigger-than-life characters. The studios figured they could make a killing and loosened quality control and now every B and C character has their own show. In what reality was Iron Fist a good idea?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well.... I tried to like it... but something was missing... and missing big. 6/10... maybe 6.5. The end is near.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I loved Justice League, it was a lot of fun. All the heroes were great. Diana was strong and beautiful as ever. I don't know why some complained Steppenwolf was a weak villain, I liked him and he was pretty bad-ass. Loved the boom tube effects. Loved that little cameo from a certain other DC property during the big battle scene with the men, the Amazonians, and the Atlanteans. And a really cool end credits scene.

The DECU is strong! Can't wait for Aquaman next year!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I loved Justice League, it was a lot of fun. All the heroes were great. Diana was strong and beautiful as ever. I don't know why some complained Steppenwolf was a weak villain, I liked him and he was pretty bad-ass. Loved the boom tube effects. Loved that little cameo from a certain other DC property during the big battle scene with the men, the Amazonians, and the Atlanteans. And a really cool end credits scene.

I wish.... it’s over bro

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Have a short work week, hoping to catch sometime within the next few days.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/11...nimated-series
    The Gotham City troublemaker known as Harley Quinn got her start in animation. So it feels only appropriate that 25 years later, after reaching new heights of popularity, she’s returning to it.

Deadline announced this afternoon that Harley Quinn will be receiving a 26-episode adult animated series that will be the third show to exclusively air on DC’s upcoming digital streaming service. (The first two are the live action Titans and the animated Young Justice: Outsiders.)

The series comes care of the Powerless creative team of Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker and Dean Lorey. Much like in Harley’s popular ongoing comic series, the animated series will focus on a Quinn who’s broken things off with the Joker and is attempting to find success in the Gotham City underworld on her own, alongside her friend Poison Ivy and a whole cast of heroes and villains.

The above image is development art by none other than Amanda Conner, so it’s very possible that the look of the show will be different, as will the cast. But fans will likely notice other nods to the comic series (which Conner co-writes and helps illustrate), including Harley’s costume and the inclusion of Bernie and Big Tony.

Beyond that, not too much is known about the upcoming series, but as demonstrated on Powerless, this creative team’s knowledge of DC’s bench of characters runs deep. And with her many years of establishing herself as one of Batman’s funniest foils on Batman: The Animated Series, we know Harley works very well in animation.

Look for more news on the Harley Quinn animated series and the DC digital service right here on DCComics.com as it breaks. Or to get updates emailed directly to you, visit www.dcfanupdates.com.

Country
    Country Flag

Did we see the same movie? LOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know what specific issues you had with it, and no movie is perfect. But I had such a blast. Wish it were longer and maybe they'll release an ultimate cut on Blu-ray, but I enjoyed the heck out of it.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know what specific issues you had with it, and no movie is perfect. But I had such a blast. Wish it were longer and maybe they'll release an ultimate cut on Blu-ray, but I enjoyed the heck out of it.
    Ok, I really LOVED BVS. I did... especially Directors cut. Loved Man of Steel too. But sorry, Steppenwolf looked like a video game bad guy. I didn't even know who was playing Superman in the start with that mustache shit. SO MANY things were convoluted (most likely with Warner cutting the time down), Superman entering in the end was pathetic... like made me mad. They handled that all wrong. There was SUCH potential there. It is Superman for pete sakes!!! The Flash was just silly... The guy on TV is so much better. They need to drop his ass. He is NOT funny. The thing with DC is, they never made us care. Whey didn't they make stand alone movies FIRST for everyone so we were invested in the characters? I Hated Cyborg... Would I have if he had some screen time before this? Probably not... I am sorry but they really dropped the ball here. I wanted to feel like I did walking out of Thor. Pumped... and I was deflated... and i am not alone. Your one of the first I have heard that loved it. I love DC superheros more than Marvel for the most part with Superman being my all time fav. The movie opened to $96 MIL... sorry but Avengers more than doubled that. BECAUSE IT WAS DONE RIGHT. Now... I do see a saving grace. First get rid of the writers, directors (other than Patty J) and do Flashpoint. I think it would be pure BRILLIANCE to do this. DO a 5 - 10 year arc in Flashpoint... basally starting over BUT at the very end, have it reset and the old actors come back for one final movie and then call it a day. Just my thoughts... I wanted to love it.. I was excited about it... but was let down.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The thing with DC is, they never made us care. Whey didn't they make stand alone movies FIRST for everyone so we were invested in the characters?
    Because Marvel was so far ahead of them in the game and they panicked and tried to play catch up. They didn't want to do the nice, slow burn with each individual character because the superhero genre is hot now.

Also I'm not sure if they have big enough "name" actors playing the secondary characters to hold up a stand-alone movie on their own. Obviously guys like Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans and did well enough on their own before the movies where they were all together. Would the same happen for the guys playing Cyborg or Flash? Aquaman might be able to at this point.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    The thing with DC is, they never made us care. Whey didn't they make stand alone movies FIRST for everyone so we were invested in the characters?
    Because Marvel was so far ahead of them in the game and they panicked and tried to play catch up. They didn't want to do the nice, slow burn with each individual character because the superhero genre is hot now.

Also I'm not sure if they have big enough "name" actors playing the secondary characters to hold up a stand-alone movie on their own. Obviously guys like Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans and did well enough on their own before the movies where they were all together. Would the same happen for the guys playing Cyborg or Flash? Aquaman might be able to at this point.
    I agree.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, pretty much. They were so desperate to catch up to Marvel that they did things ass backwards by setting up the Team-Up first and then retro fit the individual pieces later, an egregious error.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I'm with you. I enjoyed the movie. Steppenwolf was weak, but let's be honest all of these comic book villains are weak, with the exception of maybe Loki, Magneto, and maybe Hydra as a whole. It certainly wasn't perfect, but it was enjoyable. I definitely think most of the problems with it where probably to do with them re-cutting and re-shooting a bunch of the movie, but you can't really know for sure without having seen the original cut. As far as The Flash goes he was different, but I actually found the way the wrote his character kinda refreshing. Having watched soo much of the TV show Flash, the melodramatic way they write him on the show has been grating on me for like 2 seasons now.

As far as the DCEU goes I'm sure we're still getting Aquaman. That's supposed to be next year, which means they have to either be in the middle of filming or done filming at this point. Who knows if we'll get more past that though. They have these actors and actresses contracted for 2 Justice League movies, so it's still possible. Zack Snyder is out, which is kinda a game changer.

Just a little counter to the "Marvel did it the right way" point. I'm not entirely sure it was necessary to have that build up. As far as The Justice league goes, you only really need to care about Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. All of which had movies leading up to this. Marvel didn't have Black Widow and Hawkeye movies leading into Avengers, and really I'm not sure the Hulk movie really counts since they changed actors and the Bruce Banner character is written entirely differently than it was for Edward Norton. Plus pretty much everyone on planet earth knows about Batman and Superman, I don't think you could really say that about any of the Avengers characters before those Marvel movies. That said I would've liked a solo Batman movie before BvS.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Just a little counter to the "Marvel did it the right way" point. I'm not entirely sure it was necessary to have that build up. As far as The Justice league goes, you only really need to care about Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. All of which had movies leading up to this. Marvel didn't have Black Widow and Hawkeye movies leading into Avengers, and really I'm not sure the Hulk movie really counts since they changed actors and the Bruce Banner character is written entirely differently than it was for Edward Norton. Plus pretty much everyone on planet earth knows about Batman and Superman, I don't think you could really say that about any of the Avengers characters before those Marvel movies. That said I would've liked a solo Batman movie before BvS.
    Honestly, that may be what hurt DC. Everyone does know about Superman and Batman. They've had dozens of movies between the 2 characters.

But when the first couple of Iron Man movies came out (who I will admit I knew nothing about beforehand) everything seemed to grow naturally and the hype for the movies has built organically. DC seems like they are trying to force it too much.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeap, but IWC said. The hype for Avengers grew organically, while there was always this sense that DC was fumbling around in the dark, not sure which direction to head in. They don't have an identity yet.

Say what you will about Marvel, but they have a clear, singular vision and every film in their stable has been able to maintain a high-quality baseline.

Country
    Country Flag

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know what specific issues you had with it, and no movie is perfect.
    No way, homie. Gladiator, The Prestige, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless are perfect movies.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

It's been since it came out that I've seen Eternal Sunshine... but I looked up plotholes on IMDB and found this.....

spoiler

Here's the other goofs listed...

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Here's the goofs for The Prestige...

The Prestige

and Gladiator...

Gladiator

Sorry to go off topic but I firmly believe there is no such thing as a perfect movie. Every feature length film has some error in it somewhere. Hope my post isn't too dickish, I didn't mean it that way.

Even the highest rated movie on IMDB has flaws...

The Shawshank Redemption

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Honestly, that may be what hurt DC. Everyone does know about Superman and Batman. They've had dozens of movies between the 2 characters.

But when the first couple of Iron Man movies came out (who I will admit I knew nothing about beforehand) everything seemed to grow naturally and the hype for the movies has built organically. DC seems like they are trying to force it too much.
    I guess I just never felt that way about them. I mean if you look at it, there where 4 movies leading into Justice League. Man of Steel, Batman V. Superman, Suicide Squad, and Wonder Woman. Leading into Avengers you have Iron Man, Hulk, Iron Man 2, Captain America and Thor. There's only one more movie there and they completely changed the Hulk / Banner's character and Iron Man just had 2 movies. The main thing is just that those Marvel movies came first and the perceived quality of the DC ones. I don't really have an axe to grind though. I pretty much enjoy all of these movies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 102 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast