Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Skol - They do look brutal, don't they?

Seymour - Hit up Google and type in Aaron Eckhart - Two Face, or something of the like.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yea, I just typed Harvey Dent \ Two Face and pics of Aaron Eckhart in makeup popped up.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

All the ones i'd found so far are fake. But I found some real ones (I think) at movieweb.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

(Don't open the spoiler tag if you don't want to know what Two Face looks like until you watch the movie!!)

Harvey Dent/Two Face

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna wear joker makeup to the midnight showing.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I just purchased my tickets online :

I'm going to the midnight-Thursday show!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet, man. Congrats. Me too.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well it is confirmed that I will be attending the midnight showing tomorrow.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

John F. Kennedy goncho is on a distinguished road goncho's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ok...I´ve just returned from seeing this and I can completely say that this is the best comic book movie ever, and probably one of the best movies I´ve ever seen...I´m not going to spoil anything, I´ll wait for more people to see it to discuss it, but I´ll just say that Ledger´s portrayal of the Joker is one of the best performances I´ve ever seen on screen, and all the hype about his role was absolutely justified...

I´ve read comic books since I was 8 and Batman was always my favorite and I never experienced such exciment during a movie like today...hope you all enjoy it

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

well, i'm off to see the dark knight in about 15.

yeah. who the fuck am i kidding. i about threw the fucking computer out the window because movietickets.com crashed. see ya!

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorite Stephen King works is the "Why I Choose Batman" essay in Batman #400.

I'll head out and see this tomorrow morning. Must see anything with the greatest comics character ever, (The Joker, of course), right away.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm leaving to the theater in about 20 minutes!

SQUEEEEEE!!

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I just got back, its 3:20 a.m. I'll be interested to see what people thought tomorrow.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Knight! The Dark Knight! The Dark Knight! I loved it! I think I'm going to have to rewrite my 'Favorite 50 Movies of All Time' List!

Spoiler:
    Everything was great - the directing, the pacing, the perfect blend of action and character development. Heath Ledger stole every scene he was in with his psychotic (yet oddly charming) interpretation of the Joker. Bale was solid as Batman. Eeckhart was great as Two Face, and I loved the way his character looked. All in all it was a pretty amazing and overwhelming experience, and I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can watch over and over and over again.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna see it again. Multiple times. That movie was it. Heath ledger was amazing. He could scare you and make you laugh at the same time. That was what movie villains should be.

It was amazing. Every single thing. The perfect Batman movie. It could be my new favorite movie ever.

All the actors were incredible. I can't say enough about Heath Ledger. I loved it so much.
    Last edited by Seymour_Glass; 07-18-2008 at 11:09 AM. Reason: I added a quasi-review.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

There was this one guy behind me who laughed at everything the Joker did. Even the pencil.
    He also said
    Spoiler:
    "No, not the car." when Bruce crashed the Lamborghini

But I saw pretty much all of my friends there.

And, as I said before, new favorite movie.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to watch it again tomorrow morning, and possibly next weekend as well.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Co-star Michael Caine has even claimed "it is the best performance of a villain I have ever seen".
    What he said. Ledger NAILED IT. Perfect. The best performance of a popular character I've ever seen.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

WOW. that's just all i can say. WOW.

did anybody see the nytimes review. it got the nytimes critics pick (which i guess is pretty high praise). the specific scenes it talks about i saw in previews (either on tv or on the web).

http://movies.nytimes.com/2008/07/18...html?th&emc=th

we went to the midnight showing. all were sold out. several people in costume. batman himself graced our theatre. this asshole sitting in front of us keeping calling out to him before the show started. asking him to come down to the front and dance and whatever. really annoying.

some people had amazing outfits - really detailed, really elaborate. i was stunned. i felt sorry for batman; for some reason they turned the ac off in the theatre about half way thru the movie so it got damned hot in there. poor guy.

anyway, the movie totally rocked. i cannot wait to see it in imax but all those shows are sold out for like the next week or so. i am diligently checking movietickets.com for each listing to see when the next available date is . . . .

WOW.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I'm going to watch it again tomorrow morning, and possibly next weekend as well.
    It's like we have the same exact thoughts.

Traveler Oy the Brave is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I don't really know how to describe this film. I had been looking forward to it since I saw Batman Begins. Everything I was expecting... ALL of my expectations... ..it exceeded them ten million fold. Incredible. Phenominal. I consider myself a film buff and I will go out on a limb and say (FOR ME) it was one of the best movies in the history of movies. I know a lot of other film buffs will kill me for saying it, but I'm sorry it's the truth. I was blown away. EVERY SINGLE ASPECT WAS... ...I can't even find the words. That's what I thought of it. Perfect. As of right now on IMDB it has a 9.6. I feel it should be even higher. I'm a straight man who will be getting married in less than a year... ...I might consider going gay for Christopher Nolan. OK, maybe not BUT DAMN CLOSE!

4 out of 4 stars. I can't even remember the last time I gave a film that high of marks.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw the movie yesterday and thought it was very good, but a bit too long. There really were some things that could have/should have been cut.
    Heath Ledger was great, but I don't think it was an Oscar winning performance.
    Mick Lasalle, a reviewer for the San Francisco Chronicle described Ledger and the audiences expectations far better than I could, and I completely agree with him.

Rather than have everyone skip ahead, first let's talk about Heath Ledger. He's the linchpin of "The Dark Knight," and he's terrific. Director Christopher Nolan wanted to make an action movie that was different from other action movies - darker, more twisted, more despairing, more bleak - and he has mostly succeeded in this latest Batman installment. He can thank Ledger for a lot of that.
    "The Dark Knight" rides on Ledger's performance as the Joker. So does a lot of audience hope, and that's another element at work here. There has never been a situation quite like this: Audiences for the biggest blockbuster of the summer are flooding in, not just hoping an actor will be good but also expecting and needing him to be absolutely amazing. They want something profound, to put alongside Ledger's Ennis in "Brokeback Mountain." They want the fabled gift that arrives six months after the loved one's death.
    Ledger's performance can't live up to that. Perhaps no performance ever could, but especially in this case, with the limits built into the role. Nolan and his collaborators set out to deepen the action-movie form, but the Joker remains in essence a great comic book character, not Iago (or even Javier Bardem in "No Country for Old Men"). Nor will audiences find some of the other things they may be unconsciously looking for - a valedictory aspect or a suggestion that the role was eating the actor alive. The truth is, Ledger's death was a surprise to everybody, and "The Dark Knight" neither hints at it nor makes sense of it. Nothing could.
    Full review

I give it 5 Beers on the RFSPRS (Randall Flagg Six Pack Rating System)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I disagree - what did Bardem to in No Country (acting wise) that Ledger didn't do in TDK? Both were maniacal , yet charming in their own way. Both were extremely entertaining to watch, and they both immersed themselves in their respective roles to admirable extent. For me, Heath Ledger didn't play the Joker - Heath Ledger was The Joker...and I'm sure many feel the same way. Isn't that worthy of an Oscar?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I disagree - what did Bardem to in No Country (acting wise) that Ledger didn't do in TDK? Both were maniacal , yet charming in their own way. Both were extremely entertaining to watch, and they both immersed themselves in their respective roles to admirable extent. For me, Heath Ledger didn't play the Joker - Heath Ledger was The Joker...and I'm sure many feel the same way. Isn't that worthy of an Oscar?
    It is worthy of consideration (IMO), but I don't nominate, nor do I vote once the nominees are determined.
    My opinion, and perhaps mine alone is: it is a great performance, but people want it to be more than it is. I could be wrong. I often am. We'll know what those in Hollywood think in February 2009.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I amicably disagree with you, RF. I was actually more impressed with Heath ledger than I was with the great Javier Bardem. Heath scared you and made you laugh at the same time. He was perfect. He threw himself into the part like Javier did, but while Bardem had quiet moments, he had loud ones, ones where the Joker thought of himself as a comedy star, which in my opinion is harder to pull off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast