Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 102 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Batman : Knightfall (storyline)

It also touches upon the stories leading up to it. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to read. Enjoy!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Batman : Knightfall (storyline)

It also touches upon the stories leading up to it. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to read. Enjoy!
    Thanks, Feev!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No worries sir!

Also, just came across this on IGN:

The Dark Knight Rises : What's the Harvey Dent Act ?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A letter from Lucius Fox to Bruce Wayne expressing his concern about a possible interference from the Board of Directors ...

-----
    Dear Bruce,

I hope this letter finds you well. Although I would have liked to have had this conversation with you personally, Alfred tells me I am better off writing as you are not receiving any visitors at the moment. That being the case, I’ll do my best to detail what I feel is becoming a situation within the company.

It’s a given that in the current economic climate our investors have become increasingly concerned about how their money is being spent. As such, our own profitability is being judged and analyzed, particularly by the Board itself. In the past, we haven’t given them any reason to worry as both our earnings and spending have been consistent. This allowed us the autonomy to dedicate resources to Wayne philanthropic programs as well as our own R&D endeavors. But over the past five quarters, our earnings have been on the downtrend. Meanwhile, our R&D spending has been on an astronomical uptrend. And as the black grows fainter around the entire company, I am being put into a position where I have to answer certain questions, particularly about your energy project.

No one is going to dispute the fact that innovation is key to our growth and success. It’s a mainstay of our business, which is all the more reason why the Board has begun to scrutinize our R&D budget and set their sights on your machine. Since they don’t know exactly what you’re up to, all they understand is a vast amount of capital is being spent on something they now deem as fruitless – quest for clean energy. Herein lies the problem.

The last time we spoke, you expressed your reluctance to move the project forward and initiate the next phase of trials. I understand your argument as to why. But if you want the company to continue to fund your efforts, I think it is time we give the Board more than just the overview they already have, enlightening them on what this project will mean to Gotham if you are successful. On a personal note, I’d also like to let them know that with age, Bruce Wayne has decided to fill his father’s shoes, using Wayne Enterprises and all its resources to readily and reliably support our city.

Nothing bad can come from this, Bruce. But if you decide not to address the issue at hand, I am not sure how long I can keep the Board at bay. Making matters more difficult is your absence. I am assuming you have your reasons for it and it is not my job to question those, but I fear that if you are going to drop off the radar for an extended period of time, we may risk another Bill Earle situation. I can see a couple [of] Board Members already maneuvering to build influence around the table, most notably John Daggett, who I feel is the last person we want to engage in a power struggle.

When I agreed to take on this role I knew full well what the job and our agreement entailed. I am also well aware of your preferred ways of handling all matters relating to Wayne Enterprises However, I must tell you that we are quickly approaching a set of circumstances that will unfortunately call for a change if we do not address the Board. Change in most instances is not a bad thing, but in this regard I am worried. I’m sure you consider my pessimism to be just another part of my charm. That may be the case, but let’s remember: you didn’t hire me for my charm.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With luck it will be in person.

Regards,
    Lucius Fox

Source.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not going to follow it verbatim, but yes it will be heavily influenced by it.
    YES!!!

A letter from Lucius Fox to Bruce Wayne expressing his concern about a possible interference from the Board of Directors ...

-----
    Dear Bruce,

I hope this letter finds you well. Although I would have liked to have had this conversation with you personally, Alfred tells me I am better off writing as you are not receiving any visitors at the moment. That being the case, I’ll do my best to detail what I feel is becoming a situation within the company.

It’s a given that in the current economic climate our investors have become increasingly concerned about how their money is being spent. As such, our own profitability is being judged and analyzed, particularly by the Board itself. In the past, we haven’t given them any reason to worry as both our earnings and spending have been consistent. This allowed us the autonomy to dedicate resources to Wayne philanthropic programs as well as our own R&D endeavors. But over the past five quarters, our earnings have been on the downtrend. Meanwhile, our R&D spending has been on an astronomical uptrend. And as the black grows fainter around the entire company, I am being put into a position where I have to answer certain questions, particularly about your energy project.

No one is going to dispute the fact that innovation is key to our growth and success. It’s a mainstay of our business, which is all the more reason why the Board has begun to scrutinize our R&D budget and set their sights on your machine. Since they don’t know exactly what you’re up to, all they understand is a vast amount of capital is being spent on something they now deem as fruitless – quest for clean energy. Herein lies the problem.

The last time we spoke, you expressed your reluctance to move the project forward and initiate the next phase of trials. I understand your argument as to why. But if you want the company to continue to fund your efforts, I think it is time we give the Board more than just the overview they already have, enlightening them on what this project will mean to Gotham if you are successful. On a personal note, I’d also like to let them know that with age, Bruce Wayne has decided to fill his father’s shoes, using Wayne Enterprises and all its resources to readily and reliably support our city.

Nothing bad can come from this, Bruce. But if you decide not to address the issue at hand, I am not sure how long I can keep the Board at bay. Making matters more difficult is your absence. I am assuming you have your reasons for it and it is not my job to question those, but I fear that if you are going to drop off the radar for an extended period of time, we may risk another Bill Earle situation. I can see a couple [of] Board Members already maneuvering to build influence around the table, most notably John Daggett, who I feel is the last person we want to engage in a power struggle.

When I agreed to take on this role I knew full well what the job and our agreement entailed. I am also well aware of your preferred ways of handling all matters relating to Wayne Enterprises However, I must tell you that we are quickly approaching a set of circumstances that will unfortunately call for a change if we do not address the Board. Change in most instances is not a bad thing, but in this regard I am worried. I’m sure you consider my pessimism to be just another part of my charm. That may be the case, but let’s remember: you didn’t hire me for my charm.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With luck it will be in person.

Regards,
    Lucius Fox

Source.
    Not to be Captain Obvious or anything, but Lucius is the awesomeness. I can't decide if this movie can live up to the epic fucking greatness I have envisioned in my head for it?
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well that's the challenge, innit? Not to get so hyped up to the point that it would be impossible for the film to meet those lofty expectations.

They're making it very, very tough for us though, aren't they ? It's hard not to squeeee a bit with all of these awesome images/tv spots/trailers.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

And the quality of the previous two films. Of course, unlike Prometheus, this definitely has a better chance of matching as close to those expectations as possible. Mainly because, unlike Scott, Nolan hasn't spent ten years making fairly, but not totally, "meh" movies. They have, in fact, generally been bloody brilliant. Yeah, this is gonna be awesome.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Found these amazing pics on tumblr. Advertising done right!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    And the quality of the previous two films. Of course, unlike Prometheus, this definitely has a better chance of matching as close to those expectations as possible. Mainly because, unlike Scott, Nolan hasn't spent ten years making fairly, but not totally, "meh" movies. They have, in fact, generally been bloody brilliant. Yeah, this is gonna be awesome.
    Yup. And besides, Nolan has always had a very clear idea of how he was going to end the series .. whereas Scott took the 'let's throw stuff on the wall and see what sticks' approach.

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Found these amazing pics on tumblr. Advertising done right!

I'm loving it!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

For Ferny:

Spoiler:
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oooooh! That will be a nice addition to my gif collection.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stolen from someone's tumblr.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Good point. With the KnightFall material, it would be hard to make this bad, but its F**king Hollywood after all.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

In the Empire magazine from November 2011, the interview with either Chris or Emma stated that they had this story pinned down as of Fall-Winter 2008. As far as Hollywood making things bad--REALLY bad, like halfassing realism with more fantastic elements--look at Dragonball Evolution. So it does happen, but I think WB is confident about giving Chris creative control after The Dark Knight and Inception.

So did anyone check out that Rykin website? Seems like they've got something Bane could be interested in...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    ...but I think WB is confident about giving Chris creative control after The Dark Knight and Inception.
    True, but that doesn't mean they haven't tried to weasel in a few things. They wanted Nolan to shoot TDKR for a 3D release, but he was vehemently against it.

They also wanted him to cast DiCaprio as The Riddler. He's the third most popular villian behind Joker and Two Face, but Nolan said "LOL NOPE".

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have any idea of the score's title that plays in the Nokia trailer? I love it and can't remember it matching any samples I've listened to.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    ...but I think WB is confident about giving Chris creative control after The Dark Knight and Inception.
    True, but that doesn't mean they haven't tried to weasel in a few things. They wanted Nolan to shoot TDKR for a 3D release, but he was vehemently against it.

They also wanted him to cast DiCaprio as The Riddler. He's the third most popular villian behind Joker and Two Face, but Nolan said "LOL NOPE".
    Hollywood interference aside, I would actually really like to see a movie of the Hush story arc with DiCaprio as The Riddler, where he is a bit more dark, manipulative and insane at times.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have a general cliff's notes plot on this movie yet? I can't find much of anything besides random speculation.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Does anyone have any idea of the score's title that plays in the Nokia trailer? I love it and can't remember it matching any samples I've listened to.
    Have you tried browsing the youtube comments? There's usually one or two users that post stuff like that up.

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Hollywood interference aside, I would actually really like to see a movie of the Hush story arc with DiCaprio as The Riddler, where he is a bit more dark, manipulative and insane at times.
    I would love to see a modern day interpretation of The Riddler. Hopefully he won't be reduced to a Joker rehash like in Batman Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    Does anyone have a general cliff's notes plot on this movie yet? I can't find much of anything besides random speculation.
    All we have at this point is speculation and a few snippits of clues from the Nolan brothers. We do know that this will be more of a 'war film' whereas TDK was more of a crime film.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I did look through the comments, feev, but didn't see any track listings.

As for the "war" angle of the film, I'm really hoping that it's done well, rather than a series of fights and explosions and riots. I guess that's the pessimistic side of me coming out since we really don't have too many plot details to go on just yet to judge how the film's going to be structured.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a hard time getting up for this movie. I did like the first movie, but not the 2nd. Not a real fan of what Nolan has done with the franchise overall.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a hard time getting up for this movie. I did like the first movie, but not the 2nd. Not a real fan of what Nolan has done with the franchise overall.
    I mean no offense whatsoever, but you must be like the only American movie-goer that feels this way!! Plus, odd that you would post in a DKR thread...

To each his own of course!! Keep on trucking!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I mean no offense whatsoever, but you must be like the only American movie-goer that feels this way!! Plus, odd that you would post in a DKR thread...

To each his own of course!! Keep on trucking!!!
    I didn't say I wasn't interested, just not really getting too hyped up for it. As a batman fan I'm interested in what the plot of the movie is. The Knightfall series in the comic was pretty good, I'd like to see the movie follow that. And yeah, I know I'm not typical with my opinion on the last movie. But I thought the first movie was fabulous.

Country
    Country Flag
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 102 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast