+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 102 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Gunslinger Apprentice Yunsung is on a distinguished road Yunsung's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    .... Anthony Michael Hall.... isn't that Dexter?

noooo. that would be michael c. hall. (who is amazing and awesome by the way!)
    Anthony Michael Hall was Johnny in the TV series of The Dead Zone, though.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    01.06.07 - Rite of Passage
    09.26.07 - New Partnership
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

In your opinion, what stood out from everything else in the movie?

For me it was the television broadcast with Brian, the fake Batman. That was genuinely frightening.

What they need to do, should they continue, is find a way to redeem Batman in the eyes of the city. My preferred way is for Two-Face to actually be alive, having been secretly incarcerated by Jim Gordon to hide the truth of Dent's actions from Gotham. Two-Face would escape and start a gang war between freaks (Scarecrow, maybe Ventriloquist, and another low level flunkie that qualifies as a freak) and the mob. They could bring in the Phantasm, a female villain with a grudge against the mob (see Mask of the Phantasm). Another masked vigilante (vigilantess, not that the public would know) killing mobsters? This new character makes Batman seem a lot tamer.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm gonna randomly post scenes that I loved.....

I really liked the silent scenes when Batman was just gliding through the night air. It was so serene and peaceful, then BAM! crash through a window and beat the crap out of a bunch of people.
    SWEET!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

THE BAT POD.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Ooh ooh ooh...the part where the Batmobile gets all f*cked up and the warning messages keep coming across the screen and I'm watching like: "Oh hell..what's he gonna do?" Then the fucking bike transforms from the Batmobile.
    Nice!

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

'The Dark Knight' voted best movie of all-time

'The Dark Knight' has been voted as the best movie of all-time on popular website Internet Movie Database's (IMDb) list of the top 250 movies of all time.

Even though it has only been on release for one week in Australia and the US, the Batman sequel has taken the number one slot from 'The Godfather', which previously held the position since the late Nineties.

Positioning on the chart is decided by average ratings from public votes. 'The Dark Knight' has a rating of 9.4 out of 10 with around115,000 votes registered. It beats 'The Godfather's rating of 9.1.

The next highest-placed movie on the list from this century is 'The Lord of The Rings: The Return of The King', which is at number 14 in the chart.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

[mumbles]
    I shouldn't be in here I shouldn't be in here I shouldn't be in here I HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE YET!
    [/mumbles]

*averts eyes and backs out slowly*
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Kilgore Trout valtr0n is on a distinguished road valtr0n's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

While it may be #1 on IMDB, it won't last. Most new, popular movies shoot up in popularity extremely quickly, sometimes breaking the top ten, then work their way back down the chart. I'd say it'll wind up in the top 20-30, but I doubt it'll remain in the top 10.

Don't you get it?! We are the walking dead! We are the walking dead...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I doubt it - the top 10 movies on that list have been there for quite some time now - Pulp Fiction, Schindlers List, The Godfather, Casablanca etc. I check that list regularly, and on the few occasions that there is movement in the top 10, it's only amongst those that are already there. The Dark Knight is here, and it's here to stay.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah there's a LOT of people, by my estimation Godfather fanatics , who have given the movie a 1 rating today. It'll get knocked down for sure, but I think it'll still rate high.

Country
    Country Flag

Oddly enough, The Shawshank Redemption and The Godfather have swapped places today, making Shawshank #2 of all time, and Godfather #3.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

In that case, let me give The Godfather a 1 rating

Country
    Country Flag

feverishparade, you must not check it as often as you think, because yeah, the current top 10 is almost always the top 10, but there is a newcomer that comes and goes pretty regularly in it. It's happened already with several blockbusters this year. Several times a year, even. I'd bet by mid-August, The Dark Knight won't be in it at all, and if it is, it certainly won't be anywhere near #1. #8 or lower.

Wall-E was #9 the week of it's release. Where is it now? #25. There Will Be Blood also ranked very, very high. It's not common for movies to break that top 10, but the regulars almost always take their spots back within a few weeks or a month.

Yeah, The Dark Knight is a great movie. I'll give it that. It's probably the best movie I've seen in a few years, overall. But if Heath Ledger hadn't died, would it still be getting the public response that it's getting? We'll never know. It's only been out a week. Time will tell if it stands up over time or not. I personally think it will.

Country
    Country Flag

feverishparade, you must not check it as often as you think, because yeah, the current top 10 is almost always the top 10, but there is a newcomer that comes and goes pretty regularly in it. It's happened already with several blockbusters this year. Several times a year, even. I'd bet by mid-August, The Dark Knight won't be in it at all, and if it is, it certainly won't be anywhere near #1. #8 or lower.

Wall-E was #9 the week of it's release. Where is it now? #25. There Will Be Blood also ranked very, very high. It's not common for movies to break that top 10, but the regulars almost always take their spots back within a few weeks or a month.

Yeah, The Dark Knight is a great movie. I'll give it that. It's probably the best movie I've seen in a few years, overall. But if Heath Ledger hadn't died, would it still be getting the public response that it's getting? We'll never know. It's only been out a week. Time will tell if it stands up over time or not. I personally think it will.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    In that case, let me give The Godfather a 1 rating
    I couldn't do it. Godfather got a 9 from me.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Interrogation room. Gordon leaves. Lights come on. Oh snap!

Also, the interrogation room scene where Joker was taunting that cop about knowing his comrades better than he (the cop) did.

Country
    Country Flag

My favorite line, where Ledger won the Oscar in my estimation with one word, was when The Joker goes into the hospital to see Dent, who freaks out when he sees The Joker. The Joker then sits down, dressed as a nurse in a red wig, and in his best teenage gossip girl voice, says "Hiiii." I was scared shitless and cracking up at the same time.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"Ah ho ho. Ah Ah Ah Ah. He he He. And I thought my jokes were bad."

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw The Dark Knight on Friday night and it was well worth the wait since Batman Begins came out!! It was an amazing film and the Joker was the most psychotic villian I think I've ever seen. Fantastic. I loved the overall dark theme of the film. Definitely worth the (LONG!) wait.

I really was disappointed when the memorial was interrupted by the Joker and we thought that Gordon had died. A few scenes later, he pops back up. That was a relief for me. As a big fan of his character from Batman Begins, they couldn't kill him off! Now, Rachel on the other hand...who saw that coming? It's been a long time since I've seen a film that has the guts to kill of the female love interest. It was a nice twist for me but it's not fair that she had to die.

While watching TDK, I found it impossible to laugh at the Joker's comments and actions--they were really disturbing (in a very good way). I saw alot of other people laughing like it was a comedy. I was really annoyed that so many people thought the Joker as comical rather than a psychotic villian.

This is one of the best films that I've seen this year and I can't wait to see it again!!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

If my sister don't back out on me...I'll be seeing this AGAIN this week.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy cow. I've seen it twice now. Both completely sold out showings a week apart. It's FANTASTIC. Heath Ledger creeped me the hell out, too! I just can't begin to say how awesome this movie is!

I honestly loved it so much, I STILL wouldn't mind seeing it again, making that 3 times in the theatre.

I am pretty bummed out about Heath Ledger though...seeing his performance in this film made it obvious Hollywood lost a very versatile & talented actor when he passed away.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by valtr0n View Post

I am positive it would not be getting the same response if Ledger had not died. However, it was still an amazing movie. I think that this film is what will seal the deal with Ledger hitting a "legendary" status as he was young, good looking, and has the admiration of a few key groups i.e. young girls who crushed on him (I did in HS!), the gay community and the controversial film that earned him that respect, and now, a huge blockbuster with an amazing, chilling performance that showcases his acting talent and versatility. Combine that with a death under dark circumstances...well, we know the rest don't we?
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I forgot to ask this in my previous post: while watching this, did anyone notice Richard Alpert from LOST as the Mayor? I thought he looked familiar but didn't remember from where until I left the theater.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I forgot to ask this in my previous post: while watching this, did anyone notice Richard Alpert from LOST as the Mayor? I thought he looked familiar but didn't remember from where until I left the theater.
    I had the same thought you did, and didn't remember till you just told me. Maybe they can send Two-Face's coffin to the island so he'll be alive for the next movie.

Country
    Country Flag

Great idea! I'd be completely okay with that. Man, that Richard sure get's around.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 102 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast